Forums

Help › Forums

$400 Legend Winner: AllyKennedy

Tue, May 15 2012 4:43 AM (331 replies)
  • adeypa
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 1:41 PM

Just played my first round game with Courtney, and am fortunate enough to report a 3 and 2 win for Adeypa.

A really tough game, with Courtney going 2 up thru 6. I got it back to a/s on 9, and then Courtneys game started deserted her a little.

A great game with a great person and player, an absolute pleasure to meet you Courtney.

Tyvm Ade. 

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 2:51 PM

Wow!

What a match against Laute, i was in the backseat all match, not beeing up at any time, Laute played great and was 2up thru 13, i got back 14 and tied match at 17, we both was -14 or 15 thru 18 holes and it went to extra where Laute made a two really nice putts at 1 and 3 after not hitting great app shots, i hit a nice shot to about 5ft downhill at 5 and made that putt to win match.

Kriz winns 5th extra.

Gg Laute, you really played great and i needed my agame to tie and in the end a bit of luck to win!

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:00 PM

Kriztjan:
    Kriz winns 5th extra.

Wow. WD Laute! WD Kriz!

• Laute
    285 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 3:02 PM

Yes, was a great match Kriz, I had my options to win, I'm very proud. We really played to win any ready go tournament. 

Was a great pleasure to play with a fantastic player like Kriz. My sincere congratulations and good luck for you in the tournament.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 12 2012 4:54 PM

YankeeJim:

godelescher:
    PRIESTESS has graciously offered to livestream the matches as a third player so it doesn't affect the meter.

Besides being rather presumptuous that she isn't going to be a finalist (tsk, tsk) this would be one hell of a match to watch with her hosting. Get yer notepads out, boys and girls.  :-D

Longwedge has also offered to ride along if necessary, so three cheers for him too.

• rykest3
    32 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 5:23 AM

dansamcam:

Great match Darren! I had a lot of fun. Your an awesome person. Glad we meet. We all know how that course can be and I was fortunate to get the breaks this time. Darren didn't. Watch out people he is one great player! :)

sounds like a great game and i can vouch for darrens abilities on this game, well played, wish this was on streaming.

regards

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:32 PM

Got muh butt handed to me by the Bart-man.....he wins 4-up with an awesome display of putting!!  It got to the point where 15-foot sidehill putts were virtually gimmes for him.  A real pleasure to watch someone draining practically everything.  Or at least it would have been a real pleasure if he wasn't kicking muh butt while he was doing it!  lol

Good luck the rest of the way, my friend.  And as much as I really hate to lose.....when someone's putting is as good as yours was today.....all a fella can do is to tip his hat and say "Well done".

Great match.....great company!  : )

And thanks to Godelescher for giving us the chance to even play for this.  That's what folk would call right neighbourly of ya'....

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:05 PM

Won my opening round match earlier today, gg bigd.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2012 10:59 AM

First Round Recap

Well, the first round is officially in the books.

I think the seeded format is a lot of fun. I think it gives some younger players a chance to go up against the game's greats, and it gives the rising stars some valuable insight into what makes the great players great.

As in every single elimination tournament, from the NFL postseason to March Madness, there were some dominating matches, some squeakers, and a few surprises.

Biggest Upset:

That one is easy; 54th seeded Spino1's 2-up victory over 10th seeded Infinito3010. With all due respect to Infinito3010, Spino1 caught lightning in a bottle when he drained 29'er on the 1st and a 45'er on the 2nd to quickly go 2-up.

Also notable, 43rd seeded bartmania's putter was on fire and led him to a 4-up victory over 22nd seeded jerm65

The interesting thing about these upsets is that the winners will play each other in the second round. So one of them will reach the sweet sixteen!

Closest Match:

Another easy one; the most closely seeded match, 32 vs. 33, lived up to its evenly matched expectations as dsheavills needed 21 holes to finally break the tie with Rykest3

Overall, this tournament has been a lot of fun to watch. And with PRIESTESS and Longwedge streaming the semifinals and final match, it should get even more entertaining.

Just wanted to say thanks to all the players for making this a memorable experience, and also for the very high standard of sportsmanship that has been shown by everyone.

Good luck in the 2nd round and beyond!

-g

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2012 4:46 PM

Won my game against Rlweller,Ray never made the putts today and that was the difference,,Nice game played with a good spirit!!,

RSS