Forums

Help › Forums

$400 Legend Winner: AllyKennedy

Tue, May 15 2012 4:43 AM (331 replies)
  • dsheavills
    965 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:04 AM

Well that's why I play this game. To meet great sports like James (rykest3) and be involved in close matches like that.

Besides for our fair share of bad luck on the course we played a high quality game.

James was hot with the blade today and even pitched in a couple of times for good measure.

He was never down in the match until the final hole, and with a bit more luck would have taken this game.

He went 3UP after 7 and I couldn't see a way back. I managed to play some good holes to get it back to 1UP to James after 10, but only for James to play even better and go back to 2up through 12.  I then won 13 and we shared a bunch of birds until 18 with James 1UP.

James missed a 9 footer on 18 for the match and I holed my 8 footer for bird to go to extra holes.

Half on 19 then James got a big bounce on 20 with his drive into the brush. He hacked it out to short of the green and I knocked my approach stiff, thinking game over.

But no! James flops in from 20 yards for an unreal birdie to take us to 21.

James hits the bank on the long par 3 3rd and unluckily slides back down the green. He knocks it 6 feet past the pin coming back up the hill and my attempt for birdie from 9 feet does a full horseshoe back towards me.

Unluckily James misses his return putt down the hill and I somehow come away with a 1UP win on hole 21.

Fantastic match that didn't deserve a loser.

Thanks James, I'm glad we hooked up in this contest generously sponsored by godelescher. Great to have another on the friends list who is a class act and a real gent. I look forward to more games with you.

My consolation prize for beating you is playing one of the best in this game next round.

Looking forward to dansamcam.

cheers

Darren

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 10:31 AM

just finished my first round match with freddysfunky.  Was a great match, with Sim's clawing his way back from 4 DN at the turn, to only 1 DN thru 13.  Hard fought match, but i ended up winning 2 UP.  

Was a pleasure meeting and playing you Sim!!!

• MarcoCraveiro
    70 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 6:27 AM

Great game against bigchunky17

Final result, 4 up for me!

Was a gr8 game with a vn player and a gr8 guy!

MC®

• bigchunky17
    850 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 6:28 AM

Just finished my game with MarcoCraviero....went 2 up through 2 , until Marco pegged me back to A/S. Superb 23fter on 9 gave him a 1up lead going into the back 9.

After that it was just a great display of golf from Marco and I had no answer to it.....Marco wins 4 & 3

Thanks Godelscher for putting on the comp and to my opponent, a great game played in the right spirit....many thanks and good luck in the next round

BC17

• nickolijj
    277 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 7:08 AM

I just finished my first round match with KEHYLAR (laura) at RSG. It was a very enjoyable match as she is a wonderful lady!

Unfortunately, she didn't have her A game on the front 9, and caught a few bad breaks. I was able to take a lead into the second 9 just in time for both of us to get hot. She nearly holed her approach from 180+ yds on #13. I was able to hold on for a 5 up win.

I should note after WGT switched her putting me to 25 when she thought she was on 15 meter, she holed out from off the green to save par on #8. It was a great shot! Looking forward to playing future rounds Laura.

J

• Minkywinkster
    1,777 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 8:33 AM

Just played Yumezukuri, it was an absolute pleasure to play with him and he was a true gentleman throughout. He took an early 2 hole lead before I got my game into motion and eventually started grinding out birdies and an eagle along the way...

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 8:50 AM

*Sigh* missed it!

I can't believe the bracket of 64 players was filled in 18 hours. GL to everyone in the tourney.

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:13 PM

finished 1st round match with madqaman

he played really well tee to green but literally couldn't get a putt to drop

i win on the 15th hole

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:54 PM

JCOlson defeats YankeeJim 7&6

One of those rounds where even my misses dropped. Thanks for the match Jim. Thanks again Gode for hosting this great tourney.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:55 PM

JCOlson owes me a shirt. I have tire tracks all over mine now. Sheesh, didn't even get the license #.

I must admit it was nip and tuck for 2 holes until JC  left. LOL Great putter. Best of luck, JC.  ;-)

RSS