Forums

Help › Forums

Golfing Jokes

Thu, Jun 14 2012 11:39 AM (46 replies)
  • snowy64
    67 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 1:52 PM
    This golfer reached the tee of the 17th on Kiawah and he unwrapped a new ball and put it on the tee and then he knocked it into the water. He then did the same with three more new balls. His young son who was with him said "Dad would it not be better to play an old ball." to which his dad replied "Son I never have any."
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 2:28 PM

Snowy64... at least you didn't teach your son any new words.  Last week my 11 year old son went with me to the range, where I had a bad day.  My son learned what he now refers to as "special words"... we both laugh about it.  And he knows he doesn't get to use special words until later.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 2:52 PM
    An old one but good one. Jesus and Moses are playing golf together. They arrive at the 17th hole at the TPC Sawgrass (the island green hole). Jesus asks his caddy what would Arnold Palmer hit on this hole, his caddy says that Palmer would hit a nine iron. Jesus tees it up and strokes a nine iron perfectly, which lands 10 yards short into the water. Jesus walks across the water toward the ball and green. A group comes up to the tee box and sees this. One player says Who does that guy think he is Jesus Christ? Moses says no he thinks he is Arnold Palmer.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 6:02 PM

Bit stormy here the other day.. that got me thinking about the great Lee "Supermex" Trevino..  (You youngsters out there, go look him up.  Won 6 Majors.... 4 of which had some guy named Nicklaus coming in 2nd.)

After he'd been struck by lightning on the golf course around '75 or so... he was asked what he would do if he ever found himself on the course in another thunderstorm.

Said he would take out a 1-iron and point it straight up... "Because even God can't hit a 1-iron!"

Have a dry day.

• oldassbob
    8 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 6:34 PM

Iam really tired of this game, I like  WGT but i just dont know how people say thay can brake 20 over. Ive been playing for quite some time, and havent play good at all. I can play TW golf and do just fine. But not here. First no matter what i do a shot to the green 175 hit a club that says 180, heck a club that says 200 no wind and still no green, than try to putt that green, roller costers dont go down so much. Im just fustrated and if you have some good advice send it. But if you want to know how to get out of any sand trap Ive hit them all. OAB 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:15 AM

oldassbob:
    Iam really tired of this game, /..../ I can play TW golf and do just fine. But not here

You don't have to play here.

WGT... move/delete post.  Wrong thread.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 9:00 AM

A top teaching pro was helping a lower handicap lady with her swing. He had her hit a few balls and said " your swing is excellent. The problem is that you are gripping the club much too tightly. Loosen your grip and hit a few more."  She did with better results. He then said " Much better, but still too tight. Now loosen that grip." She did and the shots improved. He then said " listen, we are so close to where you need to be. Now forgive me, but I must take a liberty here. I want you to take hold of that grip like you have your husband's  'willie'  in your hands." She did and then the pro said "OK, what I want you to do now is to take that golf club out of your mouth."

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:19 AM

A duffer was having a terrible round. In the water, in the woods, in the bunkers - double bogey or worse on every hole.

After yet another hook into the woods on the 14th hole the duffer turns to his caddy and screams, "You're the worst caddy in the history of golf."

The caddy calmly replies, "That would be too much of a coincidence, sir."

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:37 AM
    this fella and his wife are playing a round of golf, when after his wife tees off on the 9th it's his turn to tee off. he hits the ball off the toe of his driver and the ball ricochets off a tree and beans his wife right on the forehead. thinking he's killed his wife, he runs to the previous green and yells at the guys playing there" i've hit a bad drive and i think i've killed my wife, what should i do?! one of the guys pipes up with" maybe you should widen your stance a little"
  • jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:08 PM

Bill was playing golf one afternoon with his wife, and hit a nasty slice off the second tee - landing in an impossible lie in front of the greenkeeper's shed. Being helpful, his wife suggested "No need to take a penalty shot darling, just open both the front and back doors and push the tractor out. Then, you'll can hit hit it straight through the shed with a 3 iron."

"Brilliant idea darling!" and with that, Bill took a mighty whack at the ball, which struck the rear of the building - bouncing off and hitting his wife in the head, killing her stone dead.

A few years later, Bill was playing the same hole with his new wife... and by sheer coincidence landed at the exact same place in front of the shed.

"No need to take a penalty shot," said his new wife, "we can push the tractor out and open both sets of doors. You can hit straight through the shed!"

"No way," he said. "Last time I tried that I ended up with a triple bogey!

RSS