Forums

Help › Forums

"Ball Taken Out Of Play"

Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:42 PM (23 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 10:38 AM

OK, I know.....WGT has "rules".....and if we don't like the "rules"....we don't have to play golf on this site.

And I realize...IF I hit a ball into a stream, pond or lake...yeah, it went BYE, BYE...that EVEN with "REAL GOLF", you're not going to get those balls back.  You reach into your golf bag for a new ball.  That's fair, I totally understand that.

But, in "REAL GOLF".................when we hit our balls into the edge of the woods or into some bushes..........we go LOOK for them, right!?  I do....atleast for a few minutes...then, I'll give up if I feel I'm slowing up the game.

There is just SO MUCH about WGT golf that is so "incredibly realistic"....there really is...I've been VERY impressed with this site......how it plays, the fantastic graphics on the courses.  A few glitches from time to time....no big deal.  BUT, I think there are WAY TOO MANY balls being "Taken Out Of Play"......when, in all fairness to WGT members, just don't believe they should.  We're talking about, what, approx. $3.00 per ball (for a Callaway or Nike?)......that adds up.

Oh yeah........there's always those UNLIMITED golf balls.  And I do tend to sometimes use those on the courses where there is  LOT of WATER.  But too....guess it's a big "incentive" to play better golf shots....and just NOT lose those balls, huh.  But, as most of us know.....using those "unlimited" balls...you the meter is too fast, performance is less and you can't get backspin on shots.....it's just a "safe" ball to play with...but, difficult to make those birdies or eagles with.

Just my opinion here, but it seems like with ALL of the tons of "Advertising" on this website.......easily millions of $$$ in Ads, I feel sure.  So, WHY nickle and dime us on the balls we purchase?  And yes, I do watch TV Ads and do some surveys...there just are NOT enough of those to pick up enough "credits" you need here.  And, I'm NOT going to go for any of the OFFERS.......in reality, with those offers, you're spending $$$ just to get credits there...might as well just buy $50 bucks worth of credits from time to time.

And hey, I'm not trying to be "cheap" here......I can afford to buy 200 hundred of the best balls today, if I wanted them.....it's just the "principal" of the thing, that's all.

I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say here....especially long time members and Legends who have been playing WGT golf for a couple of years here. 

Does WGT take into account....feedback from  WGT members...and from time to time, alter or change rules or anything about this website....just wondering.

Bob

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 10:43 AM

You got my vote Bob.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 10:51 AM

Hey Bob... not that you want to play the same course all the time but Bethpage Black is very ball friendly.  I've never lost a ball there... it is almost impossible to do so.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 11:09 AM

James............LOL! *smile*........Thanks for the tip.  I feel like you're my "big brother"...always looking out for me..........though, I feel SURE, I am a lot OLDER than you...ha! 

Yeah......I do tend to LOOK for those courses where LOSING a ball is at least....difficult to do.  I have lost a couple of balls on St. Andrews......that dang water way that snakes across the middle of the fairway.....it loves to just suck up those golf balls....lol.  And...there are "out of bounds" areas we all have to be aware of too.

I normally PRACTICE courses a LOT......like the CTTH challenge at Wolf Creek & The Best Water Hole course..........then, I'll use the GOOD BALLS....when I build up my confidence and feel fairly comfortable hitting near or over water.

Oh yeah..........saw at TIGER WOODS playing at the MASTERs tournament yesterday....well, on TV........he hit a BAD shot and then, threw is club down in anger.  Wonder IF we did that here playing WGT golf............IF WGT would "take our club out of play"??????........then, charge us to buy a replacement club in the Pro shop.  Just kidding...lol.

Bob

• TigerGaz
    25 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 11:24 AM

I agree Bob i,m fed up watching ads and surveys which i have to do ,to get any balls .I,m thinking of jacking this in totally have not played today cause the last of my srixon balls ran out and the wgt balls are unplayable wish they would do  a ball that all can have and  be competitive equally 

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:31 PM

What kind of balls do you want to play with? (stop giggling!!!)

I seem to be able to buy "decent" balls by hammering the surveys and watching the ads. I don't care if I had a bazillion dollars, I wouldn't spend 450c on a sleeve of virtual balls(Nike). It ain't gonna happen. I gave this site $20 late last year and have gotten by with the  GICP(Government Issued Credits Program) aka, Free Credits. I've bought my G10's and many sleeves of balls. I was buying Callaways for a short spell, very short. But, they kept running away from me(water, weeds). So I dropped back to Srixons. I'm fine with them, after losing the very first one in 3 strokes(you can laugh at that if ya want, I did). 

I believe there are too many people(to WGT's delight) that think they gotta have the best they offer to play the game. It's just not so. They simply purchase the stuff for prestige. To be able to say, "Lookie what I bought!". 

I do agree, that too many are lost(taken out of play) because of weeds. But, on the courses you don't lose them by hittin into the weeds, you wear the effin things out trying to get out of the weeds. lol STAY OUT OF THE DAMN WEEDS!! 

I've seen some Masters out there using Mickey Mouse Clubs and March of Dimes Balls and still shooting a good game. It's possible. 

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 12:48 PM

GREAT feedback........lol, thanks!

I think you're probably right, to some degree, a LOT has to do with WHO is hitting the ball.....not necessarily the quality of the club or the balls.  Though....I have found that the upgraded equipment has helped ME.

Here's a TRUE golf story..........speaking of golfing skills and golf equipment.  Many years ago....when PRO Golfer - LEE TREVINO was active.....he had this great sense of humor and was an extremely gifted Pro golfer!!!  For fun, he would challenge other very talented golfers....but, Lee Trevino would play golf using ONLY a 26 oz. Dr. Pepper bottle....lol.  He would hit the tee shots & fairway shots with the "fat end" of the bottle...and then, use the small end of the Dr. Pepper bottle on the greens when he was putting...used it like a billiards stick.  Well.....you have to KNOW, Dr. Pepper was one of his "sponsors" back then.  BTW...when he challenged people using that Dr. Pepper bottle....he usually would WIN. And, I also read...where Lee Trevino began to learn how to golf by hitting "horse apples with a broom stick".......hey, how come they don't sell those in the WGT Pro Shop?.....LOL.

So...............your point about "golf equipment" is well taken.  Some of us, just aren't as talented at golf as others...we need all the help we can get.....LOL!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:01 PM

If the sign says "Taken Out of Play" then the ball has worn out. Even in real life they don't last forever. I think it's better that the game is played this way rather than with green fees as it's your option which balls to use. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 1:44 PM

Doublemochaman:

Hey Bob... not that you want to play the same course all the time but Bethpage Black is very ball friendly.  I've never lost a ball there... it is almost impossible to do so.

Unless you forget to switch to 3wood on #3:)

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 3:43 PM

you know when you go to a pro shop, and there is that bucket of dirty, used, fished out of the pond, cracked balls next to the cashier?  how about if all the lost balls go into this "discounted bucket" of used balls?   they could be a fraction of the cost and would retain the original wear when lost.  i think it would be a great way for wgt to make more money.  :)

q

RSS