Forums

Help › Forums

"Ball Taken Out Of Play"

Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:42 PM (23 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 9:18 PM

OK......well, I guess I'm just one of those men...who just doesn't like reading the instructions.....BEFORE he does things - like playing golf on WGT.

I realized today while playing a round.....that, if you just click on "clubs"...you can go to your GOLF BAG and select a different CLUB....OR....a different (cheaper ball).  So...if, you have a shot coming up OVER WATER or one you think you just might LOSE the ball...you can SWITCH out to a cheaper ball in your bag.....mae the shot...then, go back to your GOLF BAG......and get your BETTER ball, like a Callaway or Nike.

Maybe........................I should just sit down and READ and STUDY all of the videos here before I play another round..........LOL.  Oh well.....live and learn.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2012 10:08 PM

OK..........................Have to take back what I wrote above.  WGT will NOT allow you to CHANGE BALLS in the middle of a GAME.  So, if you don't want to LOSE a "good ball"........do not start a round with one..................WOW, am I "naive"....geeezzzzzzzzzz.

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2012 6:03 AM

BOBTX61:

OK..........................Have to take back what I wrote above.  WGT will NOT allow you to CHANGE BALLS in the middle of a GAME.  So, if you don't want to LOSE a "good ball"........do not start a round with one..................WOW, am I "naive"....geeezzzzzzzzzz.

Well, we should at LEAST be able to choose what ball we play next when you run out of or lose your last good ball. We should NOT be defaulted to Kmart crap. I have some leftovers and I should be able to choose one of those over the Kmart balls. 

We should be able to change balls at  the beginning of any hole we choose, as many times as we choose during course play. You just can't change balls in the middle of a hole.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2012 6:42 AM

No, there ain't a bag of "experienced balls" at the counter,

no, there ain't a 1-2-3-wtgBay button for lakeballs.

These would mean less profit @ more (programming) effort and therefore stay out of this virtual world for good reason.

I've been playing the Starters for most of my time here, but now I accept to pay steadily for custom balls (WGT Tour SD)

- for more fun on the courses,

- as a small entry fee to play them.

It's like 5-6 cr per 9 hole game, not much compared to other leisure activities, let alone real world golf.

I only dig in my bag for the Starters when it comes to CTTH with water - I don't go for prizes there.

• goodwrench1
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 12:43 PM

this does not answer the question, why is my ball taken out of play in the middle of the fairway and not in some stream or pond or weeds?????

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 3:27 PM

All balls, except for the starters, have a "durability" factor.  Watch the little meter near the ball go from white to red.  You had probably used up that ball.  Happens to the best of us.

• lazerl
    74 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 3:48 PM

its a result when your ball gets taken out of play. it means uv not stuck it in the drink or out of bounds for a few shots.imo.

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 4:16 PM
    Hey James.....well, yes, I figured out that the "red meter" tells me how much "life" my balls have left.........what I was referring to was those balls that are "declared..."out of play"....because, I hit it out of bounds, into thick shrubs, etc. I realize that any ball hit into lakes, streams or ponds are......history, lol. I really don't lose very many balls...though, I have to admit, this morning I messed up on an approach shot to a green....and cranked the ball about 50 yards clean over the green...it went out of bounds and I was penalized 1 stoke...geezzzzzzz, ha! Oh, I've got it.........maybe WGT will create "Teenage AVATARS".....so, every time we hit a ball out of bounds, into shrubs, weeds or even shallow water....we could HIRE one of these "Teenage AVATARS"....to go retreive those balls for us...for say, 5 credits........NAH, wouldn't work.....those "Teenage AVATARS" would probably want 500+ credits per ball. Bob
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:24 PM

Balls will be taken out of play whenever WGT says so. Hopefully, you get the full life out of them and it gets retired. However, WGT reserves the right to take you ball for any mishit, no matter how slight. I have lost balls lately in areas I have never seen, since my first game on here. I would have thought, that after almost 1600 ranked rounds and hundreds of other rounds, I would have accidently ended up in some of these places. Seems out of bound areas on the left of fairways have become the new money maker.

• DrUBennett
    41 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 1:18 PM

I agree completely! When I lose a ball in the tall grass or trees, I will go in and bring out 6 more. And I will fish them out of those big ball washers too.  8) Just sayin'

DrUBennett

RSS