Forums

Help › Forums

Top Legends To Start In 2012

Thu, May 31 2012 11:42 PM (55 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:24 PM

TrufflIE:
    How did you continue to play at that level when you skipped about 15 levels?.. xD

I got better with my long irons.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:29 PM

Jolexi, that's a good plan...and you're almost there.

TruffllE, that's the ticket, just be fast to click it.  ;-)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:20 PM

Okay, I just got back on the Burners.  Harder to ding than the G20s, but good shots are highly rewarded, misses aren't that bad, and trajectory and stoppage are stellar.

They do match up nicely with the Cleveland wedges, too.  I will learn these clubs or go down trying...

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:41 PM

I would try them again, unfortunately, I am poor.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:08 PM

mkg335:

I bet Spammage can give us some insight on using the TM Burners, too.  I'd really like to learn how to hit those.

I put off buying the Burners to wait for the level 83 G20s - what a disappointment for me.  I was actually mad that I gave up my level 59 G10 set for the level 83 G20 set.  I tried to get used to them for about a week and gave up and switched to the Burners.  The meter is fast - really too fast - but if you use the Cally or Nike balls it is manageable.  I have my good days with them and my bad days with them.  The yardage seems spot on (one area that the G20s were off) and the spin and trajectory are good also.  I also ended up dropping the G20 driver and picking up the R9 TP driver with the same meter speed as the Burners.  It helps to use the faster meter driver so that when I then have an iron shot I am not surprised by how fast the meter is.  Now I just have to watch as I tend to be a little quick on the wedge shots and pull them.

And YES - just about 48000 more xp until I can get the R11 irons. :)

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:29 PM

Well I just took the Burners out for a spin (pun intended) and so far, so good.  Shot a 61 from the tips at St A, highlighted by a nice, high 190 yd 5-iron shot that landed softly and held the impossible green at 17, setting up an 18 ft sidewinder of a putt that I luckily drained for birdie.  Any club that helps me score on the nefarious Road Hole has a permanent place in the bag.

p.s. was using the Nike distance ball, but as Spammage notes the Cally ball works just about as well.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:33 PM

I rented them about an hour ago, and I still can't seem to enjoy them. I've only dinged like two shots off of luck. I have the R9 driver which has the same meter speed. Maybe a day isn't enough to tune in these new irons. I don't have enough credits to buy, so I guess the G20's will stay in my bag. :( LOL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 4:08 PM

Yeah, the learning curve is rather steep, but if you can hit the R9 you should be able to hit the Burners...just takes some time.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 4:27 PM

Only thing is, the R9's meter speed isn't as fast as advertised. It's in the middle of the Clevelands and the TM Burners.

• Howinoshawa
    711 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 4:30 PM

A lot of people don't realize what WGT is all about. Is it about being the best at what they do ?...yes. Is it about creating an addictive golf game that people feel compelled to keep playing ?...yes. Is it about their mission statement about presenting the most  "realistic golf game on the internet "....mostly. It's only "realistic" if they can make more money at it,but they fail even at that. They make it a rich man's game,which is realistic,but the best players don't care,because it's set up for them,as they win most of the credits. You can only sustain your unrealistic sub-60 scores if you buy the new stuff....and most of it doesn't help.They will charge you almost the same for virtual balls as you would for the real ones...and they decide when to take them out of play...not you. They will also not let you "find" these balls in the rough or water. Is that "realistic" ?...I don't think so....I think they should create a "Super Legends" tier and have them pay for degenerative tees,gloves,shoes and clubs like in "real" golf. Instead,they let the rich get richer. It's time that changed.

RSS