Forums

Help › Forums

Top Legends To Start In 2012

Thu, May 31 2012 11:42 PM (55 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:10 AM

hobbe95:

Hey fellas   i started playin jan 8th   and after 196 rankd rounds  i turnd  legend on march 13  level 83 now with 298 rankd rounds.

and i can say that the burners2.0  are gr8 now that im starting to get used to meter.

Cheers  Micke

Micke, congrats on the quick trip to Legend.  I feel the same about the Burners.  Trying to click just before the ding usually works out pretty well...and when you do manage to hit the sweet spot the result is usually rewarding.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 5:52 PM

Hi, joined WGT on Sept 21, 2012, and became Legend on Feb 5, 2013.  Currenlty level 89 and avg of 64.78.  I currently have 705 ranked round. I have the 2.0's too and like them really well, the "R11's better be really good for me to change to them. I understand the long irons hold really well on the greens, time will tell.  The 2.0's and the Ghost putter are really ding dependent. I must say though that the game has changed immensely in the past month or so and my continuing is really in question.

• freddysfunky
    38 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 7:12 PM

"Hi, joined WGT on Sept 21, 2012, and became Legend on Feb 5, 2013." Wow!!

Please tell me what the future is like phiber.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:35 AM

nostradamus , said...

I’ve got a few bucks on the Duckies, but not even Nostradamus can move the line these days. Long-term, though, football’s nothing. Golf’s the lever that moves the world.”

“What do you mean?”

“Think about it. I have a reputation for being grumpy—true?”

No argument there.

“You know why? For the simple truth is, once you learn to play golf, your life will take a very dark turn. That is a certifiable true prediction—take it to the bank. Proof? You’ve seen the proof. Not even Nostradamus is immune from the shanks, even when I can see them coming!”

It’s true—Nostra….I mean, Lee, gets a bad case of the laterals once or twice a summer.

“So when I should be thinking about when the next bubble is gonna burst or when the world’s gonna end, what am I thinking about instead? Can I hit this wedge without enduring the agony of a flair into the woods? No seer should ever pick up a golf club. Even prophets need to be in the moment.”

The New Nostradamus....Once Known as The Happiest Man on Earth.

There was a faraway look in the recycled sage’s eyes.

“And I will tell you something else that’s top secret,” he went on. “You know the Chinese are mad for golf these days, right? You think that happened by accident? All those big minds in US intelligence circles—the ones who got laid off after we won the war in Iraq— have been working on the secret golf initiative for years. Not even the Wikileakers could find this one. It’s based on a simple line of reasoning: golf and happiness are profoundly incompatible. And there is nothing else that can impede the long Chinese march toward world economic domination. Only golf can deflect them. Golf is like one of those brain parasites that changes your personality. It’s has the kind of power that makes a mouse look for a cat to play with.”

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....  i bet the MAYAN's could hit the DING tho ...:)

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 1:39 PM

?????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?????

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:30 PM

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis

2DAMFLASHY:

nostradamus , said...

I’ve got a few bucks on the Duckies, but not even Nostradamus can move the line these days. Long-term, though, football’s nothing. Golf’s the lever that moves the world.”

“What do you mean?”

“Think about it. I have a reputation for being grumpy—true?”

No argument there.

“You know why? For the simple truth is, once you learn to play golf, your life will take a very dark turn. That is a certifiable true prediction—take it to the bank. Proof? You’ve seen the proof. Not even Nostradamus is immune from the shanks, even when I can see them coming!”

It’s true—Nostra….I mean, Lee, gets a bad case of the laterals once or twice a summer.

“So when I should be thinking about when the next bubble is gonna burst or when the world’s gonna end, what am I thinking about instead? Can I hit this wedge without enduring the agony of a flair into the woods? No seer should ever pick up a golf club. Even prophets need to be in the moment.”

The New Nostradamus....Once Known as The Happiest Man on Earth.

There was a faraway look in the recycled sage’s eyes.

“And I will tell you something else that’s top secret,” he went on. “You know the Chinese are mad for golf these days, right? You think that happened by accident? All those big minds in US intelligence circles—the ones who got laid off after we won the war in Iraq— have been working on the secret golf initiative for years. Not even the Wikileakers could find this one. It’s based on a simple line of reasoning: golf and happiness are profoundly incompatible. And there is nothing else that can impede the long Chinese march toward world economic domination. Only golf can deflect them. Golf is like one of those brain parasites that changes your personality. It’s has the kind of power that makes a mouse look for a cat to play with.”

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....  i bet the MAYAN's could hit the DING tho ...:)

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:43 PM

phiber:
    "R11's better be really good for me to change to them. I understand the long irons hold really well on the greens, time will tell.

The R11's are outstanding. I have hit a 5 iron into a green and got 3yds backspin :) very nice.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:42 PM

Milfshake:

Dont say "slow and steady" they will call you names for it.. They want you at Legend by day 2 or your sandbagging. 

That makes no sense at all...I think wgt would prefer that you  progress thru the ranks and buy a new set of clubs each time you advance to the next tier..

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:12 PM

Win1Soon:
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis

And I thought I was the most interesting man in the world?

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 8:38 PM

Are there any other Legends that began playing WGT in 2012?

RSS