Forums

Help › Forums

Top Legends To Start In 2012

Thu, May 31 2012 11:42 PM (55 replies)
  • Howinoshawa
    711 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 4:40 PM

Forget it. WGT is not interested in people like you and I who don't regularly give them money. Like many other things,you are chasing the buzz from the first time you felt it...and believe me WGT will not let you get anywhere near there unless you pay for it.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:25 PM

The more golf balls you buy the more gas we can put in the helicopter that fly's around and takes the pictures that we see. I think some of you are having trouble being ok with spending money on things that are virtual. I can understand but we have heard all the crying for years.. Once you get BETTER at the game you will be saying this same old crap to some noob who is having the same bad day you are..

You should never work for your account.. Your account should work for you.

For the sticklers.. Earning your account will in turn, turn around and work for you.

• Howinoshawa
    711 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:31 PM

That still doesn't explain why we don't have to pay for gloves or tees....or why the degenaterive meter doesn't work on clubs like it does on balls. I think we should have to pay for drinks and sandwiches too.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:38 PM

You do have to pay for gloves.. they come with the outfit you buy.. as for tees. I just use one that is left on the tee box and I dont pick mine up.. Sharing is caring.

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:40 PM

Wow - way to hijack a thread - and coming from a level 94 legend with "most" of the best equipment available.  If you aren't making enough money in ready-go tourneys to sustain the cost of balls that you use then you are doing something wrong.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:47 PM

I've spent real money in this game twice...the first time was the deal with the 10% bonus, and just now with the 50% bonus.  Up to that point I earned credits through vids and surveys, and will now resume using that method.  The vids and surveys have paid for almost all my gear and will pay for balls on a weekly basis.

Maybe some day I'll even try a ready-go, sounds interesting.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:11 PM

For some, me included, the cost of balls and occasional club purchases is worth it.

Back to the premise of this thread. Getting to Legend in the shortest possible time is notable, but not necessarily advisable for most. I cuda been a Legend a while ago and will be any day. About 6 months and countless Alt shot, CTTH, practice rounds with selective ranked rounds and tourneys and a great deal of study in the forums. Recently have preferred being at the top of the Tour master field instead of the bottom of legends. Having gone out of my way to play Legends in Alt Shot, now know i am ready for Legend and will enter that status as a 'middle of the road'  legend and then work my way up.

We all find our own way, in our own time - congrats though!

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:24 PM

Sorry about the "anger" in the previous post - and I assure you guys that it was only directed at the whiner.  He/she just ticked me off coming onto a positive thread and dropping a deuce on it with his/her dribble.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:24 PM

I agree that the cost is worth it.  I was actually feeling a little guilty about not contributing any real money to the site while enjoying the game immensely, so I feel a little better now.  I still like those survey and vid credits, though.  ;-)

skccvb is right, though...getting to Legend too fast has its disadvantages, such as having to level up to get better equipment.  I just got it in my mind that I wanted to play from the tips and putt on the ice rink.  But the truth is, slow and steady wins the race. 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 9:50 PM

Dont say "slow and steady" they will call you names for it.. They want you at Legend by day 2 or your sandbagging. 

Beep and Beep does win the race. tho. =]

RSS