Forums

Help › Forums

scorecard map

Fri, Mar 26 2010 11:31 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TIGGERWHOODS
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:55 AM

i see frequent tips on how to play a certain shot on a specific hole, but unless im familiar with which hole is being referenced im left in the dark. it would be nice to have maps of the three stroke play courses similar to the one on a typical scorecard. perhaps this feature exists here somewhere already, but i havent found it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:26 PM

In the game there is a tab under the Menu called Hole Info. This will give you a look at the hole before you tee off. It isn't what you suggested but it gives you a real comprehensive look at the hole and how to play it. 

• TIGGERWHOODS
    4 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 1:07 PM

im aware of that.  but when someone posts a ? how to hit their approach on bp black 7 to have it hold the green im not certain which hole that is.  i quick look at a map, and "ah, that hole." i dont have all the holes and their corresponding number memorized yet. you know, something like the image in the middle here. http://www.goupstate.com/assets/jpg/SJ17015617.JPG

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 3:43 PM

TIGGERWHOODS:

im aware of that.  but when someone posts a ? how to hit their approach on bp black 7 to have it hold the green im not certain which hole that is.  i quick look at a map, and "ah, that hole." i dont have all the holes and their corresponding number memorized yet. you know, something like the image in the middle here. http://www.goupstate.com/assets/jpg/SJ17015617.JPG

I agree. It would be great to have a map book of the courses. If WGT could put them on their website we could print them off.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:00 PM

AlaCowboy:
    I agree. It would be great to have a map book of the courses. If WGT could put them on their website we could print them off

I am working on something like that. My website has a nice editor and I'm fooling around with something along these lines (sized for forum viewing.)

Room for notes and stuff like that. What I am trying to set up is a webpage on my website that has these so that you could print them out from the screenshot. It's a bit tedious but looking like it might be worth the effort.  :-D

• mb386
    61 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 4:21 PM

Great idea. I for one could use the layouts. For an old guy, itis very, very difficult to remember where not to be on these courses. good luck on your plan.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:59 AM

Ok here's where I need help. I have all the holes laid out like this pic. What is the best way to make them available to anyone that wants them? I can create a new link on my website for the courses but I'm wondering if there's an easier way. As it is there is no download-you would have to capture them in a screenshot and print them out unless somebody can tell me another way.

I don't have a problem doing it through my website but you'd have to put up with the shameless plug. :-)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 10:58 AM

You might be able to find a hole layout somewhere online.  Bethpage might be hard since there are 5 courses next to each other.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 11:40 AM

YankeeJim:
    What is the best way to make them available to anyone that wants them?

YJ, Upload your full sized image to tinypic.com then post the link to it on this thread.

People can click on your link then right click on the image and save it to their computer.

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:01 PM

Another option is to use Google docs. I created a pdf of the front 9 of Kiawah here. Doesn't exactly fit into one's pocket, though.

• PAGES
RSS