Forums

Help › Forums

Concede button

Wed, Dec 28 2011 5:08 AM (33 replies)
  • ZekeSr
    36 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:12 PM

Another thing that I do not like is that if you are playing someone and they disconnect you have to sit around and wait for 10 minutes for them to log back on...like that ever happens.....or you lose the match.  A guy quits the game and you end up losing even though you're still on the course ready to play.

The concede the hole button is really all we need I don't know about you but waiting for someone to putt a three footer shouldn't take that long BUT sitting around while you are putting for a birdie and they are putting for a triple or quad is time consuming.....you get the drift.  But, should satisfy everyone and have a concede the putt option and concede the hole along with the already existing options in place.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:26 PM

Conceded "stroke" takes care of both as I mentioned in the post before you.

I agree the time should change Zeke but when a WGT Admin asks a question let's stay on topic because our input means something to them.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 4:08 PM

WGT admin asked in this thread our opinion about a concede button please read the posts and reply.

Thanks. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 4:19 PM

BOFFMEN:

Actually there are 3 concessions:

A player may concede a match at any time prior to the start or conclusion of that match.

A player may concede a hole at any time prior to the start or conclusion of that hole.

A player may concede his opponent's next stroke at any time. The opponent is considered to have holed out with his next stroke. 

This is, in actuality, the best solution to the match play question, Mr. Admin.  If you could get with the tech guys and see if it would be feasible to incorporate into tonight's update, I'll send you a cookie!

Boffmen.. very well said.  Thank you.                      

• GardenKing
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 5:04 AM

I would agree with the option, Mr Admin.

Kind Regards,

GK

• jimgriff
    127 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 9:25 AM

I like the option of both, as that conforms to "real-life" match play. 

Thanks for your hard work on this site.

• Bakerbill62
    30 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:16 PM

Well isnt the whole idea is to get better? If a player that is better at the game then the other how is the one with less experience going to get better?

I would say only play with players in your own tier then. Some of us are trying to improve our game and if the other more experienced player keeps denying us from hitting putts, how are we to improve our game?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:53 PM

Bakerbill62:
    I would say only play with players in your own tier then. Some of us are trying to improve our game and if the other more experienced player keeps denying us from hitting putts, how are we to improve our game?

Bill... I think you are misunderstanding the point of this thread.  A concede button is something YOU would push when YOU wanted to finish the hole in Match Play, knowing that your opponent has already won the hole.

This, in no way, takes strokes or practice from you...  You can continue to the finish of the hole everytime.  As many putts as you need or want.

Again, my friend, the Concede Button would be for you to push when you are done with the hole... No one else can push the button and make you stop.

I really hope that clears it up for you.. if not, please let me know and I will try to explain it in a different way. 

Peace                                                   

• TarheelsRule
    5,488 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 2:59 PM

Both buttons are needed.  Sometimes you want to give a putt and other times if you have hit 3 and still are out you want to give up the hole.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 3:06 PM

If I'm playing Tibbets or Nivlac I'd like a "Concede on the 1st Hole" button, please.

RSS