Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Comparison Charts (v2.0)

Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:03 PM (38 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 4:04 PM

birdwell:
    The Burner plus iron yardages are in equal 15 yd increments.

Thanks bird.  Nice hat!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:16 PM

Hey Niv,

I noticed that you didn't update the TaylorMade Z-satin TP Master wedge 60 deg

Punch  74

Flop      32

Pitch     28

Chip     14

Donsprintr listed the numbers earlier.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:40 AM

I must have skipped over that the first time around.  Those yardages are up there now, thanks Don & SC. =)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:37 AM

Hi Nivlac.   It seems some of the starter clubs are marked wrong on the chart for meter speed.

Surprisingly, at least according to what it is telling me in my bag, the starter driver has a meter speed of 2 not 1.  Actually ALL the included starter clubs have a meter speed of 2 except the putter, which has a 1 speed. 

I noticed while doing some comparitive shopping. 

---------

FYI - The new TM putter has the same specs as the Redwood except these 3 things:   

- Ranges:    TM = 15, 30, 60, 90 & 150 and the Ping = 15, 30, 45, 90 & 150

- New TM has a slightly slower meter, a 2  vs 3 for the Ping

- Price is 750 credits vs. 600 for the Redwood.

Precision, balance and forgiveness are all the same, also PRO tier plus. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 10:18 AM

I don't believe all of the labels on the starter club values have been correct for a while.  I went to the practice tee with a starter putter and a starter driver and it appears the speeds are exactly the same out on the course.  Try it out for yourself.  Bring a stopwatch if you can.

Daytona putter has been added.

• foley1362
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 5:23 PM

Hey Nivlac - is there anyway to get 'meter' speed added to the ball page?  I don't think they use it as a selling feature as much on the balls as they do the clubs, and I don't know if they will even provide that info, but just thought I'd ask.

I love the GI-2D balls for the slower meter (as promoted) but would like to try some of the Tour models more.  I tried the Tour SD ball for a round and the meter seemed almost double to me, so I have gone back to my stand by.  Would the GI-SD ball which seems to be pretty popular (most expensive of course) happen to have a slower meter also?

Appreciate any insight you might have.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:29 PM
    foley - the higher the Feel component for a ball, the more the meter is slowed down.
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:38 PM

Meter speed (or rather how the ball affects the speed) can be inferred from the chart.  The first generation GI balls (anything that doesn't have a 2) have 2 of 10 FEEL rating while the second generation GI balls have a 4 of 10 rating.

It's my estimation that every 2 points of feel (or in WGT terms, every 1 full bubble) will slow down your meter approximately 1 speed.  In other words, if you are playing the 5 speed G10's and you couple it with a GI-2S ball, you should experience a meter that is roughly equivalent to the Tour Starter clubs (rated 3) with default balls.

To answer your last question, any ball prefixed with a GI will slow the meter down, but you'll need to consult the ball's feel rating and use the estimates above to figure out roughly how much.

• foley1362
    22 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 8:56 PM

Perfect.  Thanks fellas.  Makes perfect sense now. 

Might be time to try out the GI-SD Tour balls then.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 7:39 AM

Practice tee? where. practice green would be nice as well

RSS