Forums

Help › Forums

Profile picture issues

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 2 2024 10:01 AM (41 replies)
  • djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Fri, Aug 18 2023 9:31 AM

Is anyone else having issues posting pics to their profile? I contacted Wgt a month and a half ago and have got no viable response. When I post on android you can see it in the profile screen then when it reverts to the main screen it is either gray or the avitar. Online when posting it will not take the upload it comes back with the message your daily pic allowencess have been exceeded even though it was the 1st attempt of the day. It doesnt matter if it is done with android phone, desktop, or tablet. Is anyone experiancing the same issues?

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 9:41 AM

In order to post pictures on your profile page you have to upload them to a hosting website first, imgur for example.

Once you have uploaded your image to imgur, grab the direct link and use that to post it on your profile page.

Here's a video to show the easiest way I could find of achieving this.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 10:36 AM

I'm assuming DJ is asking about a profile pic, rather than wgt avatar.

DJ, try to do it from your WGT profile page here.  If you are logged in, click\select the camera in your current image to upload and change.  This is the best way to do it.  I've seen others trying it on the mobile app and it sometimes has bad resolution.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2023 4:13 AM

I use an iPad , I always change my photo there. Touch your profile pic on main screeen it takes you to another screen touch profile pic again , and you are taken to your photos stored on your device , scroll through til you find the photo you want and click it . It  should change. 

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Wed, Aug 30 2023 9:32 AM

I was able to post pictures until around June 7th. Thats when i started having issues. It wouldnt save the picture to profile on android and i get no error messages on android. I attempted to do it on my laptopas i am famililar whith process. I do get an error on the webpage that always says i have exceded my daily limit even thoughit may have be days until i have previously attempted. I opened a ticket  in  june and they reset my profile. I attempted to try again and have the same issues. Wgt stated in their email to let them know if still having problems and i did. I get crickets from them no answer and no reply after many attempts. 

• mojouk1
    55 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2023 11:48 PM

djgreuey:

I was able to post pictures until around June 7th. Thats when i started having issues. It wouldnt save the picture to profile on android and i get no error messages on android. I attempted to do it on my laptopas i am famililar whith process. I do get an error on the webpage that always says i have exceded my daily limit even thought may have be days until i have previously attempted. I opened a ticket  in  june and they reset my profile. I attempted to try again and have the same issues. Wgt stated in their email to let them know if still having problems and i did. I get crickets from them no answer and no reply after many attempts. 

Did you get to the bottom of this and was it fixed? I have exactly the same issue trying to upload my own profile pic. It used to work just fine but now i just keep getting an error saying I've reached the maximum daily limit even when its the first pic I've tried uploading in over a month.

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 6:40 AM

No I opened a ticket again last week but still crickets from WGT. 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 11:02 AM

I have no problem changing my profile picture on iPad. 

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2023 5:28 PM

Well I wish I had an Ipad. I have an android phone, tablet, and a windows computer and it doesnt work on all 3.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2023 11:38 AM

djgreuey:

Well I wish I had an Ipad. I have an android phone, tablet, and a windows computer and it doesnt work on all 3.

How are you trying to change your profile picture? I just changed it on my Iphone , my PC. my Bluestacks android emulator , my Samsung Android tablet and my Iphone again with no problems at all.

RSS