Forums

Help › Forums

Profile picture issues

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 2 2024 10:01 AM (41 replies)
  • djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2023 11:21 AM

My Samsung Galaxy pad, moto phone, and Lenovo labtop. I quite aware of how to post and change pictures as I have done it many times in the past. For some unknown reason it stopped in June. I have opened 2 tickets since June a Wgt member service reset my profile still doesnt work. THEY TOLD BE TO MESSAGE THEM BACK WHICH I DID AND GOT NO RESPONSE... Like i say i change my picture and you can see it in the WGt window like it saves and then it reverts back or grays out and then reverts to the avitar. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2023 1:03 PM
    PROFILE PICTURE ISSUE

I realise this won't satisfy you if you are wishing to upload a picture from your PC, to have as your photo, but you could try this to see if something will work.

If you open the app and then change an item of your apparel, something that will be obviously noticeable from the shoulders upwards, as that is all you can see in a profile picture, then, when it asks if you want to use your avatar as your profile photo, click yes and see if it changes.

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2023 8:59 AM

I have attepted this. I have removed all the apperal and changed the avitar pic. That process works fine but still wont save an uploaded pic. Either reverts back to the avitar or shows as gray. I recieved a generec message again from WGT saying others have reported the issues as well. This has been going on for 3 months :-(

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 12:18 AM

I wonder if every picture that you try to upload is being trapped in WGT's rude picture filter. I'm sure you are not trying to upload a rude picture, but the filter is not perfect, my current picture was flagged as unsuitable, lol.

Have you tried uploading something like a black square to see if that would work?

Here's one if you don't have one to hand.

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 7:06 AM

Thanks for the idea! I tried it and it did the same thing. It took the picture posted it so I could see it. Then it reverted back to the avatar ugh it's so frustrating! I did get an email from them again in the generic form.  Its been 3 months already! I cant get a tech to help!

Topgolf Guest Care Support (WGT)

Sep 10, 2023, 3:09 PM CDT

Hi Player, 

Thank you for your message. We are receiving similar reports and are currently investigating this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience and unfortunately, we do not have a time frame for when this issue will be fixed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 11:06 AM

Okay. I think I will run through the process for changing my own picture and then post the exact steps to see if we are both doing the same thing. I'll be back later.

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Mon, Sep 11 2023 11:39 AM

Yes, i have tried everything laptop, app. I see my picture on the app in the box then it reverts back to the avitar when I switch to the main screen or goes grey.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2023 12:33 AM

Okay, here are the steps I took to upload a new picture.

Click each image to view full size.

1. Clicked on my profile picture...

2. Clicked the upload your photo button...

3. Clicked the browse button to find a picture on my computer...

4. Selected a picture on my computer...

5. Clicked the upload photo button to upload my chosen picture...

6. Clicked the save photo button to set my new picture...

7. Clicked the close button to finish the process...

I expect you did the same but just wanted to make sure.

• djgreuey
    19 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2023 8:30 AM

Yes, online everytime i attempt to post it just gives me an error where i have exceeded my daily limit even though it may be 3-4days since it was attempted.

Thank you.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2023 12:46 PM

You're welcome.

Have you ever posted a picture to your profile page blog or a forum post?

Could you try that?

RSS