Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Avoiding Legend Status

Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM (91 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:51 PM

mantis0014:
    Shrude also should got into the R/Go scene earlier than he did.

Oh as a Master , i played MANY ReadyGos, I was a L89 Master, I had all the good gear and I won several RGs at Master and at TMaster, but never at the beginning, always just before I tiered up, knowing my ability was close to the peak for that Tier.

mantis0014:
    He played heaps of Alt Shot games with  Legends....  this helped him get the hang of the green speed and also the longer approach shots to the greens....

This is true, i picked up a lot of tips from my Legend mates.

The one thing i have to get my head around now, which I have been avoiding, if i want to be competitive as a Legend is mapping  the greens, My memory is like a seive.

I will be buying an 'index book' kinda like an address book, alphabetical index and i shall be taking notes on the greens and where the best place is to land to ensure better percentage of putting.

mantis0014:
    but eventually turned into a very good player.

Well thank you Mantis!

But I am far off being that. I have good days when my putting is awesome, but mostly this is what lets me down.

mantis0014:
    Take your Time, Learn the Game and your clubs and the Promotion to Legend will be easier.....  Legend Status is not that bad! :)

Very sound advice.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:05 PM

thanks for the replies all.

and thanks to who ever gifted those balls! appreciated!

RSS