Help › Forums

Re: Diving Range

Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:34 PM (34 replies)
  • TravisT3
    53 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 10:49 AM

ZioMio:

TravisT3:
    if they charged ,say 40 creds for 24 hours. Offer 3 modes:  Driving, Chipping, and Putting.

I would rather it be by hits and you use your own ball. So you've taken a shot which counts as one hit on that ball. Now you want to take the mulligan, you are charged a hit on that but the hits on that ball remain as is. That ball 's live would only increase by how many mulligans you take with it. Cost affective for the user other than being charged by the hour.

Interesting, something to consider. I was looking at it from the standpoint that the balls have a life of 90-120 hits. Excluding putting.

With that many shots you should  be able to dial a club in and experiment a little.

Currently , I use Links 2003 Driving range to practice on. With the customability of that game I can tweak the clubs and ball  to what I have in WGT. Not perfect,but within range. Plus Cabo and Whistler are free to play. ;)

4,228 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:35 PM

jimoldfart:
    Mulligans in practice rounds!!!!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes, you can replay a hole 50 times and not get the exact shot twice. with a mulligan you could actually see what different clubs and shots are going to do from the same spot, with the same conditions and actually learn something for future similar situations.

Exactly!  I've been saying this all along, but you put it very well.  IMHO, one learns very little in Practice mode as it stands now.  Charge us for the mullies, you'll make money.  It's a cash cow, WGT - wake up!

• tremeluec
    33 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 7:35 AM

(Don't they have diving ranges in soccer for them to practice) ( like the mulligan idea ) used to play another golf game that had mulligan very usefull for practice and if you hit bad shot's you can quit without annoying other players

• Soggyblogger
    224 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:00 PM

8802:

jimoldfart:
    Mulligans in practice rounds!!!!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes, you can replay a hole 50 times and not get the exact shot twice. with a mulligan you could actually see what different clubs and shots are going to do from the same spot, with the same conditions and actually learn something for future similar situations.

Exactly!  I've been saying this all along, but you put it very well.  IMHO, one learns very little in Practice mode as it stands now.  Charge us for the mullies, you'll make money.  It's a cash cow, WGT - wake up!

Another idea which I like would be to allow a player to select a single hole to practice on. Perfect the shots on that hole and move on. Mulligan's would be very nice as well, but I don't want to pay for mulligans. I am already paying enough. Don't get greedy WGT.

I don't agree they don't listen. They must. It's in their own interest to listen. And anytime dissatisfaction reaches a critical mass, you will see WGT scramble to make the majority happy again.

A driving range interested me when I first began, but much less so now. As someone said, let them work on making everything they have now work properly 99.999% of the time. Though some practive putting greens on each course is both realistic and could enhance players skill. No wear and tear on the ball. Is that how it works in the game? No wear and tear while putting? I haven't been paid attention.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:34 PM

+1

ZioMio:

TravisT3:
    if they charged ,say 40 creds for 24 hours. Offer 3 modes:  Driving, Chipping, and Putting.

I would rather it be by hits and you use your own ball. So you've taken a shot which counts as one hit on that ball. Now you want to take the mulligan, you are charged a hit on that but the hits on that ball remain as is. That ball 's live would only increase by how many mulligans you take with it. Cost affective for the user other than being charged by the hour.

RSS