Forums

Help › Forums

Diving Range

Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:34 PM (34 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:43 PM

Driving range..........waste of time, and whatever else it takes?

Practise mode is the only and best option for this idea, lets have mulligans in practise mode only.

Mulligan pal.....i'm liking that idea?

ZioMio:

alanti:
    a mulligan (preferred) or zero wind practice mode will be far more value than a driving range

A Mulligan Pal that is only available in practice mode similar to the Putter Pal with counter. I'm okay with the wind, there is never a time that the wind is zero anyway.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 4:43 PM

Please don't give me a Diving Range. I splash enough as it is. Jeeeze Louise, all I need is belly floppers. 

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:33 PM

Diving Range!

Wow, I thought this game was difficult enough but Scuba Golf?

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 5:20 AM

Very unsatisfactory language Buggyyy, if that doesn't deserve another lay off for a couple I don't now what else will.

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 6:49 AM
    Mulligans in practice rounds!!!!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes, you can replay a hole 50 times and not get the exact shot twice. with a mulligan you could actually see what different clubs and shots are going to do from the same spot, with the same conditions and actually learn something for future similar situations. If the cost to install is the hold up, charge a credit for each mulligan taken. ( Think about a player hitting three or four mulligans two or three times a rd. WGT) I know this, I would probably play more practice rds than I do now, because what are practice rds good for now? Nothing! Most of us if we are playing by ourself, play ranked rds and if it goes bad we end it and start over.
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 7:53 AM

I find that a driving range has been requested by many, myself included, a couple years ago.I believe it would also have a putter practice green, and yes varied buckets of priced balls.I also like many others would like to see more effort in the clothing area, caps, hats, shoes, patriotic or otherwise, gloves, etc.Fact is, much more is there for Wgt, to add, other than equipment.Improvements in gameplay has to supercede clothing however.Wgt has its hands full, I'm sure when the time comes, they will most likely address a better all around wardrobe to be offered.But, you must remember, it is highly expensive to add the elements we ask for, so then, in good time, I believe they will give what is requested.

Mulligans are not required,  in tournament play. In practice possibly.But there are many more items that should be introduced before, such as putting and driving range where new items may be practiced with.My thoughts alone, & I hope those who celebrate Easter, have a great one!

gOOdgOlfin'2ya!

• TravisT3
    53 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 9:42 AM

I like the idea of Mulligans in practice mode. Even if they charged ,say 40 creds for 24 hours. Offer 3 modes:  Driving, Chipping, and Putting.

Or just a Driving/ mulligan range mode with the above features  that does not level you of course.

Now if you wanted to get fancy you could add a choice of Wind speed and Green speeds.

(lol the programmers at WGT are rolling their eyes about now)

Trugolf  has a driving range in their Catalog. Sure it won't be as cool looking as WGT courses.But it would cut down the creation process.

On the issue off balls. Charge by the bucket for level appropriate balls for the individual or let them bring their own. Keep the unlimited free.

I believe this is a an excellent conduit for your advertisers as well increasing the use of club rentals and ball sales.

If you build it they will use it .:)

Travis

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sun, Mar 31 2013 10:08 AM

TravisT3:
    if they charged ,say 40 creds for 24 hours. Offer 3 modes:  Driving, Chipping, and Putting.

I would rather it be by hits and you use your own ball. So you've taken a shot which counts as one hit on that ball. Now you want to take the mulligan, you are charged a hit on that but the hits on that ball remain as is. That ball 's live would only increase by how many mulligans you take with it. Cost affective for the user other than being charged by the hour.

RSS