Forums

Help › Forums

Diving Range

Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:34 PM (34 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 1:44 AM

alanti:

Well call me stupid, naive or whatever (and I have been called a few names in my time) but can someone tell me how this will improve anyones game.

A range ball will be an average ball, not a Nike, Callaway etc so will not  help mapping your  clubs, will invariably have different meter speed to what you usually play with and as you cannot alter your stance or grip I fail to see the benefit.

I agree.  In real life most players use a range to get their swing perfected.  Or at least attempt to.  Here the whole complex golf swing is reduced to click and hold, drag, release, click.  You don't exactly need a range to practice that.

And you're spot on about the balls.  There would be zero point knowing exactly how far every club will hit with different spin and wind conditions if you're using a range ball.  Feel free to use expensive balls but then you might as well just go into practice mode and knock a ball up and down the fairway.

There are better things WGT could add to this game, a driving range would be way down my list.  A diving one would be even lower.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:17 AM

MainzMan:

There are better things WGT could add to this game, a driving range would be way down my list.  A diving one would be even lower.

Agreed with the priority of the range, but a diving board located on the lake of Kiawah #17 could be a goer!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:31 AM

A Jacuzzi with a beer fridge?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 2:42 AM

courteneyfish:

A Jacuzzi with a beer fridge?

Great Idea....oh and I forgot,,,,A Pony

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 3:38 AM

alanti:

Great Idea....oh and I forgot,,,,A Pony

This is WGT, not Santa's bloody wish list!

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 4:34 AM

alanti:

overparalot:

Where is it

Well call me stupid, naive or whatever (and I have been called a few names in my time) but can someone tell me how this will improve anyones game.

A range ball will be an average ball, not a Nike, Callaway etc so will not  help mapping your  clubs, will invariably have different meter speed to what you usually play with and as you cannot alter your stance or grip I fail to see the benefit.

We have practice mode that is effectively a driving range - go up and down and use your maximum shots. Same with bunkers, rough and a green.

For my 10 cents worth, a mulligan (preferred) or zero wind practice mode will be far more value than a driving range.

Who's to say they couldn't set it up just like the real thing?  I play ProV1's in real golf, and get a discount at the club I play at for buying them 2 dozen at a time.  Whenever a ball gets old or even marked up, it goes in my shag bag.  They created a short range practice facility, that for a few tokens along with the driving range, we can practice with our own shag bag. Last year since the creation of the short game practice area I finally got my handicap under 10 for the first time in my life.  Looking forward to playing with all the "digits" in tournament play this year.

Here they could just give us back our old balls they take out of play, seeing they're virtual golf balls with no real wear anyway, and charge us to use a range and more importantly, a short game practice area, with balls of the same type we already play. To tell me a short game practice area for chipping, putting, and all the scoring shots wouldn't help each and every one of us is absurd. Probably to good of an idea to fly, but what the heck thought I'd through it out there.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 5:07 AM

Welcome to WGT's Driving Range!

Choose your ball of choice: Nike RZN (81+)

Choose your bucket size: (Small = 25 Medium = 50 Large = 100) Large

Your price will be... Bam! That's all they have to do.

There should be plenty of option to cycle through such as wind speed, direction...etc.

• Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 6:38 AM

Let 'm fix existing problems first, before asking for new ones.

:)

R.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 7:00 AM

Funny Dive Fail Animated GIF

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:04 AM

alanti:
    a mulligan (preferred) or zero wind practice mode will be far more value than a driving range

A Mulligan Pal that is only available in practice mode similar to the Putter Pal with counter. I'm okay with the wind, there is never a time that the wind is zero anyway.

RSS