Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT = WTF

Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM (107 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:07 PM

What makes legend tiers extremely difficult is hitting yardages between 170 and 220 in to ice greens,Lower the green speed and it will be OK.I have no qualms about hitting 210 yards into the 10th at BP but if the pin isnt at the back its unstoppable ..I dont mind hitting from back tees but im not going to hang about here  for too long hitting 170 plus into an ice rink,All our ranked games are like this,But in real golf you get varied green speeds depending on weather why can we get that in ranked games too,at the moment its BORING,I don't want to even comment on the 142 cent legend wonder ball,:)

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:17 PM

Richard4168:
    I'm not able to shoot a 60 or less like the Legend tier players are doing, and I have the same clubs as most Legend players, if I was able to shoot scores like a Legend, I'd be in the Legend tier.

I read this a lot, but what many don't realize is that there are probably close to a 1,000 legends and like the majority I've never shot under 60.  I was at 64.5 at the time of the change and still can't figure out how some Tour Masters with lower averages were and are still TM's... 

I know, my current average is just under 65, which doesn't seem too bad, but for some reason all the weekly tourneys were from the masters tees the last two weeks and I don't play RG's, since I have no chance.  It was actually a very enjoyable two weeks, unfortunately it appears we're back to the championship tees this week.

Richard4168:
    WGT is starting to introduce new things in the pro shop for the Legend tier. Everyone in the Legend tier who needs new equipment to score better should give the change at least six months before making a brash opinion of it.

I hope you're right...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 3:37 PM

I agree Priestess. Good post.

Mem11:
    I was at 64.5 at the time of the change and still can't figure out how some Tour Masters with lower averages were and are still TM's... 

I agree Mem.

I e-mailed WGT about this very same thing days after the change, got no reply, but I suggested WGT should reconsider who is in the Legend tier, and that many were put there prematurely. WGT should have used total ranked rounds only to determine who went to the Legend tier. Instead they used a whole assortment of figures to determine who went to the Legends tier, and some members slipped between the cracks.

After-all, WGT has based the change in part to "experience". Get the experience points and advance levels, no?

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 10:16 AM

Just got done w/back to back matches of WGT Bulls---....Sure wish I could replay both of these games for all the masses to witness...Then have one of you WGT ICONS feed me more Crap about WGT does not influence the Game,,,First Match,,,won 8/7,,,turn around and lost the second 7/6... Same two golfers,,,though I was well inside my opponent on 3 out of 4 shots to the pin...this same golfer who was canning putts in the previous match same course from 32 - 16 - 13 - 11 - 8 -  7 - 7 - 6 feet could fine the hole from 2 and 3 feet,,,all the while hitting my meter square,,,sights must be off,,,I guess...WGT let me lose or win on my own...When the fix is in,,,its way to obvious....

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 12:28 PM

After reading these posts one thing is clear to me,  I DON'T want to be a legend ever.  Not in this life or the next.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:37 PM

its all part of the program ....do as we say....or were gonna fug you....and were gonna fug you real hard!

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 8:52 AM

And get rid of those stoopid guys pretending to be chicks  with half naked pics accs its golf not a strip contest LOl

• Rickypro
    559 Posts
    Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM

I wish they would require you to use your real name like Iracing does.

RSS