Forums

Help › Forums

WGT = WTF

Wed, Oct 20 2010 2:30 PM (107 replies)
  • Ivories78
    61 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:23 PM

Dear WGT,

This ain't cool, the whole tier/level ***e.

There is no joy in this game anymore, it is a chore to play. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot, A LOT, of unimpressed players. I don't speak for all of them, I speak for myself, but I do read the forum posts - might wanna try that sometime to gauge the outcry.

It's a simple formula - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ivories

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:42 AM

Ivories78:

Dear WGT,

This ain't cool, the whole tier/level ***e.

There is no joy in this game anymore, it is a chore to play. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot, A LOT, of unimpressed players. I don't speak for all of them, I speak for myself, but I do read the forum posts - might wanna try that sometime to gauge the outcry.

It's a simple formula - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ivories

I couldn`t agree with you more. We payed our dues(Time,alot of practice, and ALOT OF MONEY) Its almost like starting over. I thought after i did my time.(and reached master)It would be relaxing to play. I`m a Legend and no one has heard of me.lol.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:48 AM

Ivories78:
    I do read the forum posts

You must have just started reading forum posts today :)

Go back and read posts for the last several months ...how many people have been pissing & moaning because the same handful of people were consistently winning tournaments. What did a lot of these same " unimpressed players" want to avoid that? .. MORE TIERS ... we have them now. When WGT added the pro & master tiers last year, an awful lot of people got bumped up into a tier that they probably weren't ready for. It sucks, but the only way to avoid that would be to start everybody over from scratch ...no credits, starter equipment, etc.   

Ivories78:
    t's a simple formula - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Again, read the forums ! ....in the last 2 months alone, there have probably been a couple hundred posts about quitters & sandbaggers.

Adding levels will work to cut down on both of those, in my mind. In order to unlock better equipment, one is going to have to PLAY .. and finished mutli-player rounds will add to your level more so than single-player rounds .... should, and i repeat, SHOULD cut down on the number of people that bail on matches.

I don't know what affect the changes will really have on the sandbagging issue ... I think we will always have that .... and i really could care less. And I think that people's fears of lower tiered players having superior equipment isn't going to be much different than it is now.

An example of that was shown to me a week or so ago. I played a MPC with some amateur ( 88ish avg.) This guy had played a grand total of 3 ranked rounds ... in early May..enough to gain the amateur status and, as such, he had purchased the Rapture pro set. ..255 yrd driver from the ladies tees is more than a little advantage over any pro/master. At least with the new system of levels, that same player is going to really have to put in some serious playing time before he/she can unlock the better equipment( and more than likely will advance tiers as well).

WGT just released the new tiers/levels today and let's face it .. change hurts, sometimes. Complaining about it, or threatening to leave the game just seems a little premature to me.

Sorry for being so long-winded ... I'm not normally. I just think people should actually give the new system a chance before condemning it.

Jeff

• saladx
    39 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:47 AM

yep! hold yer breath guys ... giv it a chance

• Script
    621 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:41 AM

saladx:

yep! hold yer breath guys ... giv it a chance

Agree with jeff and salad....

Also, the usual ratio of positive to negative feedback is about 1 positive comment for every 10 negative comments so consider that before using forum opinion as a gauge of acceptance or disagreement.  Just my 2cents.

• golfgreat31
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:39 AM

i want toknow in readfy to go tournaments with me now a master the greens are tournament speedf teesare back andf the windf is heavy iwas around a 67 avg now i shoot 80 its impossible dfoes anybody agree plus in readfy go trnys is it the same condfiotions for everyone?

• atadad
    14 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:42 AM

So nothing has changed.  The same handful of people will be shooting the ridiculously low scores EVERY time out. While the rest of us who haven't figured out how to remove the human element shoot normal scores. With our jerky , chattering , inconsistent meter speed.

• WhiteSnowTiger
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:00 AM

It's a giant con people shooting highest scores are not real... You can never win...

• Ivories78
    61 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:26 AM

I have seen the numerous replies to the topic of new tiers/levels. Can't help but notice the non-support of the new system. I thought just maybe, they might listen to their client base for a little while longer. I sure as hell hope this is just a trial.

Personally, I don't want to have legend status. It's now harder than what I want/need it to be. Another way of putting it - I'm not of the playing standard required for this tier, which makes it no fun at all.

Fun, enjoyable - remember that word?

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 6:44 AM

ivories i couldnt of said it better myself. its only been a day and already im losing the fun side of this great game.would be a shame if they kept it this way,as i know that i and many others will find something else to do. maybe its a trial and error but surely it cant stay this way wgt!! like many others i have put in a few dollars now as i found it enjoyable but now im not sure if i will donate another $ until game play is actually playable

RSS