Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 5:18 PM

LOL, better bring your A game lou, not that I have one but it'd be nice to see a real golfer in action.

• Broohar
    299 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 4:31 PM

Congrats to the new champion Werksux!! A thoroughly deserved title, to my mate Vic, you played awesome throughout the series and always played with grace and respect for yr fellow players (even though when we played you kicked my butt bigtime!).

Thanks to niv for running a great tourney and I hope this isn't it's last year.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 6:39 PM

Only had the B game with me .. and rental clubs .. but it was enough for an old man with a limp to beat our WMPL champ in real golf.     Even with the 10 on the card.    

Gents .. Jason and I had a nice real golf match on July 6th in Dallas.   He hits the ball a ton off the tee but isn't as sharp chipping and putting as he is on WGT.     Regardless we had a great time.   

Thanks for hosting me Jason.    Hope to get down this way again some day for a rematch.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 9:28 PM

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:37 PM

Yep, lou beat my ass on stroke play.  Just curious if you still have the card, what would the score have been if we played match play?

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 6:11 PM

I think that needs to be scanned and posted here to wrap up the thread nicely!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM

Here's the scorecard ... We had a nice game on a tough course for a couple of mid teen handicappers.

You'll notice Jason had a deviation on holes 6 and 7,  and my meter exploded on hole 6. The slow greens were giving us fits with our putters.  In Match Play .... Lou won the front nine 2 & 1 and also the back 9 .. 1 up.

RSS