Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 2:53 PM

Sorry for delay but finally we can play a match today and only can tell one thing CONGRATULATIONS VIC. Very good game in 18 holes in BP from hard tees Vic made -12. I only made -11 but i can tell him well play and i made all than i could made. Rest one thing : Good luck to four players and very nice game and work to you Nivlac. I hope to see a second oportunity to play with the best of the best. Thanks to all players than participated in comp. See you in the course. Bye

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 3:03 PM

Thanks for the kind words Villa and I must say that was one intense tight match ! lol ! Villa played so well but just didn't have that little bit of luck which would have changed the result of the match.  It's unfortunate that there had to be a loser and congrats to Villa for an excellent tourney and making it all the way to this stage after an indifferent start.  Thanks to niv and everyone for your patience and I'm sorry again for the delay.  On to the huge game next week against Avatar Lee, should be one hell of a match ! 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 9:58 PM

- CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS COMING IN!! -

- 2010 WMPL Playoff Bracket (Updated 6/17/10!) -

Congratulations to your 2010 National Conference Champion werksux!  He defeated BolloxInBruges 1up in 21 holes in an epic contest that was held on Kiawah Island's Ocean Course to advance to the title match!

We now await the results of International Conference Championship!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- National Conference Championship Match -

#3 werksux (14-5)  defeats  #1 BolloxInBruges (16-2)  1up in 21

- International Conference Championship Match -

#2 AvatarLee (14-3)  -vs-  #1 coolswing (14-3)

• Congratulations to werksux who has advanced to the 2010 WMPL Championship!  He will meet the winner of the AvatarLee/coolswing match in an epic 36-hole final for the WMPL Title.

- WMPL Championship Conditions Announced! -

The final 36-hole battle will take place at the venerable Oakmont Country Club and will be played under the following conditions:

First 18: White Tees, Heavy Winds, Fast Greens

Second 18: Blue Tees, Moderate Winds, Very Fast Greens

Stay tuned for more WMPL Playoff results and watch this post for updates!

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jun 15 2010 11:41 PM

Congrats to werksux.  Expected a great fight from him, and definitely got one.  Made all the pressure 10 footers, and stuck the key shots when it mattered.  Thanks for the great tourney niv, I know all the hard work you did, makes them worth playing with the good organization.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 5:24 AM

BB, I appreciate the compliment man.  I'm fortunate to have held on against an opponent of your level.  You put up a great fight & had my back against the wall for almost the whole round.  Thanks for a great season and thanks niv for organizing it! 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 12:17 AM

*bump for updates 3 posts up*

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:26 PM

I'd like to be the first to congratulate Coolswing on his advancement to the Finals!!  Best of luck friend, you played a great match and deserved the win!  And to all the other contestants who made this league a blast to play in, the players made it great!  My only regret is not being as polished of late to put up a real fight... but hey no excuses!  And lastly thank you very much Niv for once again (and hopefully not for the last time) a exquisitely organized and run tournament!

Good luck to Worksux and Coolswing in the WMPL Finals!!

Lee

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:55 PM

Thanks very much for the nice words Lee and thanks for a great game buddy, you are truely a champion and a great guy as I felt that you could have won the match with just a little bit of luck.

The match was much closer than it looks and really the end result should have been all squared as Lee should not have lost 2 of the holes.  He missed a short putt on Hole #3 and a 1 footer on Hole #11 mainly due to lack of play in the last few weeks and just plain bad luck.  

The highlight for me was a tee shot to 3 ft for bird on Hole #8, another tee shot to 2ft on hole #17 and the best and most important shots was an approach to about 5ft on the last under a lot of pressure.  Also i made 2 key putts of about 15-20 ft to halved the hole on #12 and #15.  For Lee he had many great approaches to within 3ft and his best would have been the tee shot to about 2ft on Hole #14 for bird.  

All in all it was a very enjoyable and competitive game, like i've mentioned before luck was the different between us today and considering that Lee have hardly played at all the last few weeks, he still pulled off a great game and almost won ! 

Just one more match to go and I hope lady luck will be with me then ! Thanks again Niv.  

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:11 PM

Great job cool.  You're one hell of a player in match play.  Should be a great final match, neither you or werk seem to be rattled by pressure in the least.   If you want a warm-up match sometime let me know, been too long since we've played.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 6:33 AM

Grats on a solid win cool & grats to you lee for a good season.  See ya in the finals cool!  BB if y'all do get in a round be sure you take some wind out his sails! lol ;)

RSS