Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 12:28 AM

Well Paulmcm had a hot putter and deserved the win in our match....good luck in the playoffs bud....Niv, thank you very much this was an awesome experience to play amongst great players and true gentlemen. I enjoyed every moment of it....even the matches i struggled in....lol. Hope you all had as much fun as i did and we'll see you all soon out and about on the various tourneys we have here.  Thanks again Niv...

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 7:07 AM

Thanks cap, you played really well today, i just managed to hole a few more long one's. Thanks to Niv for organising and running the WMPL, this is how a tournament should be done, well don on an excellent job.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 9:44 PM

I want to thank Niv for the always well run tournament and a great job as always sir. You are the man here when it comes to tourneys. It was a pleasure to play in this one.

Also to each of you that made it through Q and the matches. Everyone of you are great players and it was a privilege to participate with you. There is some awesome talent in here and well played matches. Thanks to all and good luck in the Ryder. I only wish I would have played better.

To the gentlemen who made the cut, my hats off to each of you. Congrats and good luck.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 2:34 AM

The WMPL regular season has drawn to a close and it's now time for the playoffs!  You can view the official playoff bracket below.  Congratulations to all 12 players who have made the playoffs.  You guys have all played a hell of a season, you deserve to be here and now's the time to bring the best you have to win it all!

- 2010 WMPL Playoff Bracket -

We have 4 matches on the docket for this week including 2 re-matches from earlier in the season.  This is a single elimination playoff format, so play your best!  One loss and your season will be over!  Detailed match previews can be found on the WMPL Playoff Scoreboard.

First Round National Conference Wild Card Match-ups:

Wildcard Match #1:  #6 ckiniry (9-7) -vs-  #3 werksux (11-5)

Wildcard Match #2:  #5 DougBieker (10-6) -vs-  #4 pricehcs (10-6)

First Round International Conference Wild Card Match-ups:

Wildcard Match #1:  #6 villadeoro (9-7) -vs-  #3 TallAcePaul (13-3)

Wildcard Match #2:  #5 paulmcm (10-6) -vs-  #4 Vares (12-4)

Please Note: Oakmont C.C. cannot be selected for play during the playoffs.

All final regular season stats and standings can be found in the WMPL Archives section (2nd post of this thread).  Players should also review the 1st post in the thread since it's quite smaller than it used to be and explains how the re-seeding rule is in effect if the #6 seed in a conference wins their first round match.    Playoff matches are played the same way as the regular season matches were, so you may get started immediately! 

12 Players, 4 Rounds, 1 WMPL Champion... who will it be?

Good Luck!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 3 2010 11:38 PM

FIRST ROUND WILD CARD RESULTS ARE COMING IN!!

- 2010 WMPL Playoff Bracket (Updated!)-

Congratulations to paulmcm, werksux, pricehcs & villadeoro for winning their first round games and advancing to the Divisional Playoff round!   A big thanks also to Vares, ckiniry, DougBieker & TallAcePaul for playing a great season!  It was great to have you all and despite the early playoff exit I hope you all fully enjoyed your WMPL season.  Thank you for playing!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Round National Conference Wild Card Match-ups:

Wildcard Match #1:  #3 werksux (12-5) defeats #6 ckiniry (9-8) 5 & 3

Wildcard Match #2:  #4 pricehcs (11-6) defeats #5 DougBieker (10-7) 2 & 1

• werksux will advance to play #2 Kosei82 in the Divisional Round!
    • pricehcs will advance to play #1 BolloxInBruges in the Divisional Round!

First Round International Conference Wild Card Match-ups:

Wildcard Match #1: #6 villadeoro (10-7) defeats  #3 TAP (13-4) 5 & 4

Wildcard Match #2: #5 paulmcm (11-6) defeats  #4 Vares (12-5) 5 & 4

• paulmcm will advance to play #2 AvatarLee in the Divisional Round!
    • villadeoro will advance to play #1 coolswing in the Divisional Round!

Stay tuned for more WMPL Playoff Action!

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 2:24 PM

Sorry for the delay guys, just got absolutely  spanked by Villa who played a great game, well played mate and good luck in the rest of the tourney and thank you Niv for all your time and effort spent on this.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 2:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up Paul.  Hope you enjoyed your vacation! =)

I'll update everything this evening (bracket and results two posts up already updated).

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 6:54 AM

Had a really CLOSE match against Kosei82 last night, worst thing about playing against your friends is that someone has to win & someone has to end the season.  He had me at the turn by 2 but we evened up on brain farts at 1 each, lol.  After that had to earn a couple of wins with 1 of them coming after Kos was left with a 5' putt on BPB 15 that 4.8' below his feet & breaking, tough for the most seasoned vet.  We both stiffed approaches on 18 to end it at 1up.  Hats off to Kosei for a tough match & great season. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 11:24 PM

- DIVISIONAL ROUND RESULTS ARE COMING IN!! -

- 2010 WMPL Playoff Bracket (Updated 6/12/10!)-

The contenders for the National Conference Championship Match are set!  Congratulations to werksux, BolloxInBruges & AvatarLee for reaching the conference championship round.  Consolation goes out to pricehcs, Kosei82 & paulmcm for suffering tough losses this week.  However, it's been a great season for all of you and I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves this year.  It's been a pleasure to have you along for the ride.

We now await the results of the villadeoro / coolswing match!

Will the upsets and Cinderella stories continue? Can David slay Goliath one more time?  Will the big guns establish their rightful place in the conference championship matches?

The WMPL Divisional Playoff Round is now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Conference Divisional Round Match-ups:

Divisional Playoff #1: #1 Bollox (15-1) defeats #4 pricehcs (11-6) 4 & 3

Divisional Playoff #2: #3 werksux (13-5) defeats  #2 Kosei82 (13-4)  1 UP

• werksux will play against BolloxInBruges in next week's National Conference Championship where the winner will earn the right to compete in the 2010 WMPL Championship!

International Conference Divisional Round Match-ups:

Divisional Playoff #1: #6 villadeoro (10-7) -vs-  #1 coolswing (13-3)

Divisional Playoff #2: #2 AvatarLee (14-3) defeats #5 paulmcm (11-7) 3 & 2

• AvatarLee has advanced to next week's International Conference Championship!  He will either play on the road versus coolswing in a huge Week 2 rematch or he will host at home against villadeoro!

Stay tuned for more WMPL Playoff results and watch this post for updates!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 2:57 AM

Sorry that I haven't been able to complete my match in time but bear with me as I have arrange with villadeoro to play sometimes today.  Thanks for your patience gents. :-)

RSS