Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A fairer showdown?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 21 2024 11:39 PM (2 replies)
  • Greynurse0
    39 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2024 3:00 PM

Having just completed the Red Hot Showdown, I was pleased to finish in 25th place. However, as is usually the case, all but 1 spot above me were players above my tier (tour master). That 1 spot was occupied by another tour master in 24th place. Many below us were also above our tier.

So that got me thinking. Perhaps, to encourage more players in the lower tiers to play the Showdowns, a system of bonus prizes might be an attraction. For instance the first 3 placings in each tier be awarded a bonus. I'm sure others may have ideas of that nature. I know that the owners of TPG, plus other players, feel TPG already very generous with "freebies", But there seems to be little encouragement for lower tier players when the Tour Champions, Champions, Tour Legends and Legends are winning the glut of the prizes in a competition that is open to all players.

Just my 2 cents on trying to level the playing field a bit more.

Cheers,
    Nursie

• Kittykat2017
    684 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2024 11:54 AM

Do you really think wgt would want to make it fair for ev1 ??

• BlackBogey
    500 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2024 11:39 PM

Why would you expect Tour Champs, Champs, Tour Legends and Legends to finish lower than the other tiers in an open competition?  The people who have put in the time and effort to reach the higher tiers usually finish better than the people who haven't, that's just the way it works.

Sorry to say it, but the best way to level the playing field is to get better.  Playing PGA and St Andrews ad nauseum isn't going to help you get any better, it will only lead to an artificially deflated average and make you move up tiers before you're ready, where you'll only get beaten worse by better players who have a well-rounded game.

RSS