Forums

Help › Forums

Coin game promotion & relegation

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 14 2024 4:10 PM (2 replies)
  • MattyNic0
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2024 3:16 AM

I don't play a lot of coin games, mainly for apparel. But, this Sunday (11/08/24) I was midway in the grey (safe) zone of Gold1, I finished 64th, seven places from the relegation zone so you can imagine my surprise when I was informed that I had been relegated to Gold 2.  How did this occur and what is the point in having a relegation zone if WGT are just going to relegate a player seven places clear?  

• Avinashokka
    910 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2024 3:03 PM

Were you watching the placings right up to the cut off time?  It may be that a bunch of players played a few games and raced past you in the placings right at the death. On the bright side these divisions mean nothing and it is completely immaterial whether you are gold 1 or diamond 1 so the weekly promotion / relegation cycle can be safely ignored. 

• MattyNic0
    38 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2024 4:10 PM

You can see the last weeks standings and I finished seven places clear of the drop zone.  But still got dumped down.   

I take your point about the meaninglessness of the divisions, I just found it a tads annoying that's all, yet another WGT balls up.  As I said I only really play coin games for apparel or showdowns anyway. 

RSS