Forums

Help › Forums

Profile photos/logos (copyright infringement?)

Wed, May 2 2012 2:43 AM (51 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:04 PM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:22 PM

BOBTX61:
    ..."copyright infringement is "copyright infringement....regardless of the motive.

Sounds like an Ambulance chaser to me, Bob.

But feel free to retain the man for a class action suit.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:23 PM

LeonDelBosque:
    If you know what I "mean."

.... "What"...."?"

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 7:59 PM

"He" "said" that "he" really "Didn't" ,,,,"care".

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:17 PM

Hello "Twominusone"..............YES, the photo on my PROFILE is a photo of me.  I just updated my profile into........it says my photo was taken when I was 59-1/2 yrs. old..........2 yrs. ago.

Can't really answer your other question.....I'm not an Attorney.  I do know a little bit about "copyrighted" Logos.....and from the research I've done on-line.  I seriously doubt if anyone would sue anyone for using their photo, image or logo (unless they were earning profits from it).........but, personally, I just wouldn't do that myself......but, that's me.

Bob

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 9:21 PM

Well, Mel...........that's fine......it's YOUR Country.  But, out of RESPECT for your Queeen....public domain or not.........if you were a female WGT member, I don't think it would be "appropriate" to use a pic of her as your Profile pic. 

You might want to do some "research" about the issue of "public domain"......few people really understand it.

Take care!

Bob

• BmaEngnr92
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:05 PM

**Note: BmaEngnr92 does NOT have appropriate approval to use this picture, and he couldn't care less.**

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:56 PM

as a compliment bob, i could swear you resemble kurt russell.  has anyone ever told you that?

q

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2012 7:20 AM

Hey, I do appreciate your compliment, Sir.

And, Yes.....I've been told that several times over the years.  Kurt Russell & I are actually very close to the same age too.  Once, back when I was about 49 yrs. old - my ex-wife and I were in Las Vegas on vacation.  My wife was taking some video of me just outside of "The Mirage Resort Hotel".....I was wearing blue jeans, boots, white shirt, no tie, light brown casual sportscoat - and my hair looks a lot like Kurt Russell wears his...suddenly, while my wife was filming me...this guy grabs my arm and says in a loud voice...."are you Kurt Russell????"......lol.  I immediately started laughing, as did my ex-wife - funny, because I have that on tape.  I teased my wife and said, funny, I didn't know I was married to Goldie Hawn...but, she was an attractive blonde, like Goldie.  People run into Hollywood Stars and celebrities in Vegas...and I think people are looking.  In fact, we were in the Mirage Hotel elevator, going from about the 10th floor to the ground floor....the elevator stopped once to allow to guys to get on....when we got off the elevator, my wife said, do you realize those two guys were Siegfreid (sp) & Roy?!!!  I didn't realize, they were both wearing blue jeans and casual shirts - you know, not in their elaborate outfits that they performed in.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Sun, Apr 29 2012 7:43 AM

OOH so if this is your picture then you won't mind me copying it to paste on the back of a Donkey's rear end?

RSS