Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:49 PM

Very fair across the board, good problem solving WGT, keep up the good work.  GG and GL in future play.  Peace-out

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:50 PM

mkg335:

ladzris makes a very good point concerning the R11s driver.  I'm lucky enough to have already reached level 90 so am not affected by the change...but to make other legends wait until level 94 is punitive and will actually hurt sales.

Legends should have access to all clubs no matter their level, imo...they've earned that much at least.

I applaud wgt for taking a more active hand in things, but this particular change seems unfair to me.

A lot of the lower level legends became legends by playing nothing but the front side of St. Andrews and the back side of Kiawah Island and tiered up very quickly then found they didn't have the clubs to compete at the legend tier. They painted themselves into a corner so to speak. Wanting to brag look how fast i made legend. No all legends should not have access to all the equipment. Not as the level system is now. It is no ones fault but their own that they tiered up quickly but didn't level up at the same pace. Any player regardless of skill can camp out on the Front side of St. Andrews and make legend in no time. It just takes common sense to play every course and tier up at the same pace that you level up. But how can doing it like that inflate the ego of the players who want brag that he or she made legend in 2 months or less. 

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:54 PM

WGTwildcat:
    on 6/28/12 we increased the variability of chipping on greens. This better matches how chipping on greens works in the real world, so players can still chip on greens but are unlikely to sink a lot of those chips.

Did you also make changes for flop shots around the greens? This shot has totally changed recently as far as I can see.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 2:56 PM

saltiresfan:

Did you also make changes for flop shots around the greens? This shot has totally changed recently as far as I can see.

can't say i've seen anything changed with flops

tbe

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:03 PM

TBE . WHen you flop does the shot seem to go way right all the time? Mine does and I have adjusted and improved my short game but was wondering if there any tips I can try ?

Or anyone else who has some good Flopping tips. 

I have learned the Punch shot works great when in between clubs as far as yardage and adding BS to them. I would die without the Punch shot :) 

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:06 PM

The flop shot goes way right because it is made to simulate the real thing. A real flop is made with the blade set wide open so it goes right. The way many of us play it is to click very early. Right at the start of the light blue forgiveness area. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:09 PM

pjctas0822:

TBE . WHen you flop does the shot seem to go way right all the time? Mine does and I have adjusted and improved my short game but was wondering if there any tips I can try ?

Or anyone else who has some good Flopping tips. 

I have learned the Punch shot works great when in between clubs as far as yardage and adding BS to them. I would die without the Punch shot :) 

About 8 feet with 20 yard flop

More for longer and adjust for wind

One thing you an try and works well is hit the line before the ding for a "straight" shot

You'll lose  bit of yardage and ele ation tho

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:18 PM

borntobesting:

A lot of the lower level legends became legends by playing nothing but the front side of St. Andrews and the back side of Kiawah Island and tiered up very quickly then found they didn't have the clubs to compete at the legend tier. They painted themselves into a corner so to speak. Wanting to brag look how fast i made legend. No all legends should not have access to all the equipment. Not as the level system is now. It is no ones fault but their own that they tiered up quickly but didn't level up at the same pace. Any player regardless of skill can camp out on the Front side of St. Andrews and make legend in no time. It just takes common sense to play every course and tier up at the same pace that you level up. But how can doing it like that inflate the ego of the players who want brag that he or she made legend in 2 months or less. 

Speaking as a relative newbie, I respect your opinion in the matter of overnight legends/90 day wonders or whatever label we can hang on it.  I freely admit to being one myself, having joined 1/26/12 and taking 55 days to make legend at level 76.

I'll also admit it was good for me to play from the tips with my lower-level clubs, was a good learning experience.  I just think it would make good business sense for wgt to make the higher-level clubs available to low-level legends if for no other reason than that they'd sell more clubs.  I'd limit the availability to legends because at that tier, sandbagging doesn't exist.

My main point is that pushing the availability of the R11s driver all the way up to level 94 is unreasonable and punitive, and discouraging to the likes of ladzris and other lower-level legends.

You make a good argument that leveling up and tiering up should be in concert with each other, but that's not the way I did it, and I have my own reasons for the method I chose.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:18 PM

borntobesting:

mkg335:

ladzris makes a very good point concerning the R11s driver.  I'm lucky enough to have already reached level 90 so am not affected by the change...but to make other legends wait until level 94 is punitive and will actually hurt sales.

Legends should have access to all clubs no matter their level, imo...they've earned that much at least.

I applaud wgt for taking a more active hand in things, but this particular change seems unfair to me.

hey there,

nice point but that doesnt include me, go thru my stats you will see most off my scores where on ranked 18 hole rounds, the sta andys you see where RG tourneys and that couldnt be helped if it helped my average, but just to confirm you will find 18 hole ranked rounds at tourmaster on all courses and lots of very nice low scores, most courses i had broke 60(aprat from kiah 60 and oakmount 61) so to assume that my legend status came from 9 hole play is not on.

so this does put me at a small advantage i would say and any RG that i might want to enter,  i am so far away now from getting top driver, but tour masters down to some tour pro's can have this equipment if lvl high enough. im my opinion legends should be able to get this then as maybe a grace period.

Also if you think i am a 9 hole wonder who back doored up to legend then you dont know how to chk stats properly, lets get it on me and you and we see who is who, oh and you can even use your bttr clubs.

best regards 

ladzrls

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:26 PM

I hope to make Legend one day but not by playing the way described above.  The main reason is when tournies are set up on tougher courses their scores will reflect the lack of skill. 

Personally I prefer the harder courses ,I dont really care what my average is because eventually that will drop to the level of my skill not bloated. Also it will give me a better sense of accomplishment. But getting to legend is hard no matter how they get there. 

RSS