Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • ksinfield
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:49 PM

lee22sharon:

To:  egonweber

The tiers/levels, hogwash!  Money rules here so let it rule.  Just because you can buy it has no bearing on whether or not you are good enough to use it effectivey.

STARTER CLUBS!  Toally unnecessary,  why have them?  Let free enterprize run its course.  The best way to learn any sport is thru pratice,  with guidence/coaching from an experienced person.  All of that can be found within the training videos and our all inclusive forums.  More and beter information can not be found anywhere.  my nickle.

because without starter clubs half the people would never play in the first place

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:55 PM

To: Richard4168,

Why only certain equipment to certain players?  "Keep it real  WGT", okay just how is that real? 

If I have a fat enough wallet I can go out to the open market and buy any equipment I desire, that is real!  Of course there is a closed market where no one can buy some equipment.  I respect that manufactor's who sponser professionals may keep cetain equipment to theirselves. 

To my way of thinkng if WGT wants to prosper, it makes sense to sell everythng to anyone who can buy it.  The fact that a particular person is not as capable as another is Real! Those who can WILL!  Those who can not will continue to try.  I am a soon to be a level 93 Master, who has played here for 2 1/2 years.  Expain why I SHOULD NOT have the opportunity to buy any equipment I want. 

Why is it your concern whether I can use the equipment to its fullest?  So far all I can glean from your entry is to protect the legends.   I usally have tought better of your entries.  MY Nickle

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:58 PM

ksinfield:

lee22sharon:

To:  egonweber

The tiers/levels, hogwash!  Money rules here so let it rule.  Just because you can buy it has no bearing on whether or not you are good enough to use it effectivey.

STARTER CLUBS!  Toally unnecessary,  why have them?  Let free enterprize run its course.  The best way to learn any sport is thru pratice,  with guidence/coaching from an experienced person.  All of that can be found within the training videos and our all inclusive forums.  More and beter information can not be found anywhere.  my nickle.

because without starter clubs half the people would never play in the first place

EZ clubs are NOT golf clubs.  My Point  Your nickle?

• ksinfield
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:00 PM

ez clubs are not the same as starter clubs

i agree get rid of ez clubs

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:02 PM

Just make the R11s driver a legend only club,

If you can't log on to the site everyday it could take a couple of years to unlock it.!!

Not sure why your making the game easier for higher level legends. All clubs should be unlocked to legends, it's more than likely going to encourage sandbagging at Master level.

Why bother tiering up to legend if you can't get the clubs.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:13 PM

ksinfield:

ez clubs are not the same as starter clubs

i agree get rid of ez clubs

When you check the pro shop the EZ clubs are indeed labeled "starter".  MY POINT! and my nickle.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:25 PM

Current level system sure encourages people to play, so it is a good business model and it should stay. But as we all know, it also encourages sandbagging and that is not so good. The tier lock is already in the system and it would be quite easy for WGT to actually start using it in a more pro-active way bu8t apparently they do not want to. I assume one problem would be that if they change so that for instance the level 83 G20 was Master+ only, those who already own the the G20 but are at a lower tier than Master would not be able to use them.

A theoretical solution for that problem could be to offer those who can no longer use the clubs to return them and get a full refund. In the short term WGT would maybe lose some money (credits refunded might mean that less credits are bought), but in the long term it would probably be good for business since people would be encouraged to play not only to level up, but also to reach a higher tier. It would probably also make more people play tournaments and Challenges if there is less sandbaggers to compete with.

The game is beta and the Terms & Conditions clearly state that WGT is allowed to do what I described above.

• ksinfield
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 5:54 PM

sharon i am not talking about what is in the pro shop im talking about the clubs you are given at the start of the game

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 6:00 PM

lee22sharon:
    If I have a fat enough wallet I can go out to the open market and buy any equipment I desire, that is real!  Of course there is a closed market where no one can buy some equipment.  I respect that manufactor's who sponser professionals may keep cetain equipment to theirselves. 

Yah and u look pretty silly hittin from the lady's tees with $3000 worth of the best real life clubs you can buy.  I can see a guy decked out in all the elite, pga pro level Titleist gear... teeing up his ProV1 from the lady's tees lol.... even from the whites it's pretty LOL.

Equipment must be Tiered based.  The levels incentive can still apply because you can "level up" within that tier to unlock other equipment within the Tier.

So if you want the top gear and you are a L90+ Master,  fine, you have earned it through your XP points.  But when you buy the L90 gear (or whatever is deemed to be Legend Tier gear, maybe L79 or 83 whatever)  ... you buy that gear and then you are made a Legend.  You want to pay for the best gear and enjoy the best equipment?... fine you got to L90... u deserve it... but welcome to Legend and the big boy tees.

Part of this issue can be resolved by allowing tees to be configured in skins and MP challenges.

However, any non-Legend with all the best L90+ gear has a clear advantage over his lower level tier competitors in WGT sponsored tournaments.  Let's face it people, at WGT, skill doesn't make the ball stop like a dart on the green from 215 yards out... only the R11 irons do that.  So keeping equipment Tier based helps prevent sandbagging and is in the best interest of fairness.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 7:00 PM

I, like a few others have stated am fine with everything here except the driver level. I have been playing like crazy to try to get to 90 and it's not happening anytime soon. I will be purchasing the driver the minute I am of level but giving thousands of players that driver at 90, then moving it 4 levels and 5-6 months further away for other players isn't fair in my opinion.

Lastly, I play with 4-5 gentlemen every evening that all have the driver. Yes it's good but it's not 4 levels higher good.

Want to slow leveling down? Take away the level candy bars. Make the lower levels require more experience per level but please don't punish those of us who are so close we can taste it.

I totally understand the level thing and the sandbagger thing but this is NOT the way to combat it.

Please re-think this matter. The higher level good players will simply stay hitting it better and further. The mediocre players will be the ones that suffer.

RSS