Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 5:04 PM

alaucin:
    For the 1st time since starting this game,I actually thought of making sure I don't make Legend till L94 !!

I am sure that the R11s is a great club, but so is the G20 at L81. Don't worry, you'll be alright :)

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:05 PM

YankeeJim:

navigater:
    You don't see pros( IRL ) do much short shots to the pin that bounce and stop ,AS it is a low percentage shot.chip and run is the preferred shot

Especially with rock hard greens.  :-)

I play rock hard greens, but if I can get a nice Callaway or Nike ball (yes, these are the best spin in real life too lol) paired with my Vokey 56 degree wedge, I can make it take a hop and zip back! Even as close as 35 yds! And I play on rock hard greens, too...they are bad enough that some of them are turning a reddish brown lol! Imagine what I could do with a 64 degree wedge like here on WGT...lol I don't carry a 60 or 64 because I put too much spin on it lol! Its all about the grip lol...

ummmmmm back on topic: Yes, it is realistic because I have a decent short game and I put spin on every wedge shot, not counting my bump and run chips when I have a slope to go over or something...I've only been playing a short time (I'm definitely no legend, only like a 7 handicap something like) but I can spin it....And on WGT you do realize that you have the option to bump and run it, right? I like to use it occasionally, epecially if I drive it to the right on St Andrews 3 and I have a downwind shot up that slope....or short of 16 StA's...or....you get the point...

I want VOKEY WEDGES on WGT because I LOVE them IRL and I can only imagine what you could do on WGT! They are soooo versatile I mean, I can hit it all different heights, spin rates, even shapes, and control how many bounces it takes before the spin kicks in! Just imagine what Bollox could do with that here on WGT! Not to mention they have SOOOO much spin when you need it!

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:38 PM

bump

MBidney:

navigater:

so what are your thoughts on this now wgtwildcat?

+1

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:40 PM

still very sad not ONE person from the home office has weighed in. 3 weeks ago you couldnt go into a forum thread without tripping over someone from WGT. All we want is a response. 

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 6:47 PM

Really think what may happen before 8/1 is that R11s stays at level 90 but a legend only club.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jul 14 2012 7:21 PM

SamanthaWho:

still very sad not ONE person from the home office has weighed in. 3 weeks ago you couldnt go into a forum thread without tripping over someone from WGT. All we want is a response. 

Specially considering the big announcement that they would increase their presence on this forums. Maybe that inspired so many to ventilate their opinions to the degree that they do not dare to listen anymore. Maybe they thought the game was perfect. It is good, but we pay good money and with that comes high expectations.

• vande23
    57 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:53 AM

They are busy and on to the MLB game I'm sure.  :)  (jk)

There defintely is a huge disparity with people and their ability to learn the game (especially with wind, height of green, spin, club choice, putting, etc).

I started 3 yrs ago, got very bored with the small course options available at the time, and quit.   I came back on the same account on June 17 (4 wekeks ago) and went from hack to master in that time.  I even had a couple people bother me about it (you must have restarted, etc).   Not true. 

But yet as much as I have learned, I can not believe how good some others are out there in my tiers as I have acsended, and I have had ZERO desire to get destroyed in paid tournaments along the way.   They really need to clean up the tourneys and maybe have some for people who have never finished in top 25 or 50, etc.  Would not be hard to do, they would get more people hooked on winning credits potentially, etc. 

But chaning this equipment levels stuff on the fly is crazy and not sending an email out to tell everyone is also crazy.  If you are a paying game, you need to send people emails asap when you make changes like this.

-vande23 
    (master 66)

• Crazy3
    107 Posts
    Sun, Jul 15 2012 6:28 AM

I do not understand why WGT feels it is necessary to raise the levels to make equipment available, when it should be done by "Tiers".

This would address everyones concerns about cheaters (either restarts - multiple accounts, etc).

The only other options a player has is if you see someone at a high level, but still only playing as an amature, you might think about not playing them.

Just a thought.

• WGTwildcat
    648 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2012 2:53 PM

Hi all, unfortunately the general issue of "sandbagging" is a complicated one. We do hear you and absolutely don't take it lightly, as it's a serious issue. We're working on this issue and understand your concerns. Some of you have flagged players for us before, but if you know/suspect someone is sandbagging we're happy to look into it individually and it's especially helpful when there is evidence to support the claim.

Thanks for keeping comments constructive.

RSS