Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 7:32 AM

chris5214:
    the higher that % the more reliant the system becomes on baggers ... but i find it difficult to believe that the % can be high enough to threaten financial sustainability .. this is just me guessing here ... we have no idea, only WGT does .
    In short term, baggers brings in money, but in the longer term, baggers and cheaters pushes the others away and being a cheater among cheater is no more fun than being honest among honest, and apparently they don't think that is fun enough so then the cheaters leave. Unless WGT open new doors for some to get an unfair advantage. But I have a message for WGT - the majority of the humans are still relatively honest.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 7:37 AM

Tightrope:

chris5214:
    the higher that % the more reliant the system becomes on baggers ... but i find it difficult to believe that the % can be high enough to threaten financial sustainability .. this is just me guessing here ... we have no idea, only WGT does .
    In short term, baggers brings in money, but in the longer term, baggers and cheaters pushes the others away and being a cheater among cheater is no more fun than being honest among honest, and apparently they don't think that is fun enough so then the cheaters leave. Unless WGT open new doors for some to get an unfair advantage. But I have a message for WGT - the majority of the humans are still relatively honest.

completely agree with you ..

... i would just like to hear WGT comment on this in a way that makes objective sense and that suggests some resolution going forward ..

• Mike0424
    46 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 8:17 AM

We WGT tour members should be held to the same stamdards as our partner tour members of the PGA. In keeping with this I have sold my R11S driver because I have not properly earned it. Thank you for all of your hard work. 

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 9:40 AM

"open up all clubs to everyone,and have base length regulated by tier"

A very good suggestion!  Maybe even something like this:

Percent of club distance

Legends = 100%
    Tour Master = 96%
    Master = 92%
    Tour Pro = 88%
    Pro = 84%
    Amateur = 80%
    Hack = 76%

• d3194
    211 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2012 10:04 AM

Agree  100%  sick of pros and t pros hitting same clubs as me and im 35 yds behind them off tee

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 6:11 AM

Bump for WGT's response as to how changing R11s to level 94 helps with sandbagging and doesn't shaft the lower level Legend players.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 10:27 AM

This is obviously a complicated topic and I cannot pretend to know the answers, but this being said we are constantly reworking the algorithm to determine who advances in tiers and when.  It is far from perfect right now but we are committed to the log term health of the WGT game and are also concerned about the sand bagging.  We are giving our attention to the situation.

• okiegolfer2
    350 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:05 AM

WGTadmin2:
    but we are committed to the log term health of the WGT game

These are the best words I've seen from WGT on this thread.  In the end, we players have to trust that the best changes are being made in the fairest way possible for the good of the game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:17 AM

okiegolfer2:

WGTadmin2:
    but we are committed to the log term health of the WGT game

These are the best words I've seen from WGT on this thread.  In the end, we players have to trust that the best changes are being made in the fairest way possible for the good of the game.

Cheers to that, Okie. Patience rules. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 20 2012 11:25 AM

WGTadmin2:

This is obviously a complicated topic and I cannot pretend to know the answers, but this being said we are constantly reworking the algorithm to determine who advances in tiers and when.  It is far from perfect right now but we are committed to the log term health of the WGT game and are also concerned about the sand bagging.  We are giving our attention to the situation.

I fail to see what is so complicated at not giving players hitting off the baby tees 280yrd drivers and higher level g20's & r11 irons.

Quite simple really.......regardless of what level you're at...if you're a pro or tour pro...then you ain't getting the best clubs, no matter how much XP Boost you munch through or guzzle down - period.......any hacks or amateurs who've managed to get their hands on them......stick them on the master tier.

Nothing complicated there.

tbe

RSS