Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:10 PM

WGTwildcat:

• Level 70+ Equipment - A small number of players at lower tiers (Hack/Amateur) have leveled up very quickly and are purchasing top equipment, but are still playing from the shorter Hack/Amateur tee boxes, making those games and tournaments a little unfair. To avoid this from happening in the future, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock. Existing equipment and players will not be affected.

This should be read as..........................

Level 70+ Equipment - A massive number of players at Pro/Tour Pro tiers have leveled up very quickly by feasting on XP Choco bars & playing tons of alt shot games and blitz's but avoiding ranked rounds like the Black Death to avoid moving up a tier. They are purchasing top equipment, but are still religiously playing from the shorter baby tee boxes, making those games and tournaments monstrously unfair but  we don't really care. To further encourage sandbagging, all equipment Level 70 or higher will require a Pro or higher tier to unlock...so nothing's really changed at all. Existing equipment and players will not be affected....except TM's &  Legends & who are approaching Level 90 cause we're increasing the R11s Driver up from Level 90 to Level 94.

------------------------------

If they have the big hitting drivers and irons...........put them further back on the tees....or put them off the same tees as their opponents in mpc challenges & skins for credits.

This issue is never going to go away until WGT do this. You'll still have your money rolling through the pro shop...so where's the problem.

TBE 

• tdhelge
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:10 PM

I wish i could say i had a better grip on the mentality it takes to sit on game like this as long as some of you people.Level up to a legend in 57 days?? Really? Do none of you have jobs? have yard work, have a life OTHER than WGT?? you obviously must have jobs to be able to afford to support your "Habit." yes, i called it a habit, much like a drug addiction.  Its amazing what some of you will do just so you can say "I got to legend before you!!" My answer to the whole problem, Giveeveryone access to all clubs and balls dlet everyone buy anything they want, thts what itsall about anyway, They just want into your wallet.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:20 PM

Most Legends in the REAL WORLD are dead. 

*Legends that have full access to the Pro Shop that are not level ready, Could make fore some easy MULTI accounting, Seems it would be easy to hide who you are, Takes longer to level then Tier... So I have to say NO to opening all GEAR to any leveled Legend.

Tour Masters in the REAL WORLD do Tour Master things. 

*These People should get a button to click when they want to go up to Legend.. I have no idea what the big different is but a .3 here and a .2 here.. 

Masters.... hmm

*This is what Id call the "Streets" "The Hood" Your going to find every negative word out there in this Tier... Just be on your toes when playing with these jokers.

Pros in the REAL WORLD can earn winnings.

*This is were your WGT career begins. Its up to the player to pick its doom. 

*Pro Shop is open for gear sold by level. 

I have to say for one reason and one reason only.

Its not about length 100% so to say.... Its about that

HIGH TRAJECTORY

Ammytuers in the REAL WORLD can not earn winnings.

*WGT Cuts all access to gambling for Amateurs. No more sandbagging.

Hacks should have access to only Practice and Ranks Stroked rounds. 

*Hacks should be moved up to Amateurs after 30 days of signing in.

NO more Level 58+ hacks.

(Im sure there are more we can add but thats a rough draft)

And so I say.

I am a Level 91 Pro with a 62 avg. I have TOP SHELF gear. Im not a sandbagger. It would be a different story if I had an avg of 89 with my Top Shelf gear.. I play for credits in the form of blitz. Doesnt matter your tier in this type of game at all.. I play many many games of alt shot.. 

My number one reason for staying at Pro is that my putting is not Legendary. I havnt even mastered my power meter yet, and I dont Tour.. I play alt shot.

2.. Im waitng for a HUGE PRIZE at my Tier. Something that is going to pay me back in one win. Every RANKED ROUND you play should be PAYING YOU BACK!!! for the gear and balls you buy. 

3..The Legends are running out of FISH... And they want you to TIER up... Say no! to drugs.

I will remain a Pro until WGT is not in its BETA state. 

End of True story.

My name is Time and Im here all week.. And thats my wooden nickle.

• cram501
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:23 PM

WGTwildcat:

R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

So.. rather then fix this, you give everyone that already has the club an even bigger advantage for a longer period of time?

How does posting this SIX days into a month give everyone a full month to get to 90? 

I'm level 88, almost 89.  I seriously doubt that in three weeks (or four for that matter) I'm going to make 90.  I've struggled with the burners for a while now.  I've struggled with, what appear to me to be larger deviations.  Add the frustration of a moving target for equipment and after 209 days in a row playing the game, I may go to zero as I find something else to do.

It's probably an over reaction but my frustration level with this game is high enough right now.

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:55 PM

Milfshake isn't a sandbagger. LMAO.  He just feels good always winning alt shot games and matchplay games. Your alt shot isn't nearly as impressive when you play from girly tees with the best equipment.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:58 PM

here's a perfect example of someone who joined less than a week ago....is already at level64 with an avg of 60.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/114702/748197.aspx#748197

so unlocking level70 clubs at pro level changes nothing.

tbe

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 8:59 PM

riskplayer:

Milfshake isn't a sandbagger. LMAO.  He just feels good always winning alt shot games and matchplay games. Your alt shot isn't nearly as impressive when you play from girly tees with the best equipment.

I see read, white, blue, black and gold.... No girly.. Am I missing something? 

Your little rant on "winning alt shot" Im only half the team there sport.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:01 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    o if you want the top gear and you are a L90+ Master,  fine, you have earned it through your XP points.  But when you buy the L90 gear (or whatever is deemed to be Legend Tier gear, maybe L79 or 83 whatever)  ... you buy that gear and then you are made a Legend.  You want to pay for the best gear and enjoy the best equipment?... fine you got to L90... u deserve it... but welcome to Legend and the big boy tees.

With all the ......... in this paragraph, it took me a while to comprehend. The more I read it, the more I agreed. This is how it should be.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:01 PM

thebigeasy707:

here's a perfect example of someone who joined less than a week ago....is already at level64 with an avg of 60.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/114702/748197.aspx#748197

so unlocking level70 clubs at pro level is a complete sell out.

tbe

You would have to be level 70 and Pro Tier.  And I disagree @ sell out. 

Not everyone likes playing stroke rounds... So... can we get a TIER for just AVG Joes?

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 9:02 PM

GlassMan27:

TheSpaghettiKid:
    o if you want the top gear and you are a L90+ Master,  fine, you have earned it through your XP points.  But when you buy the L90 gear (or whatever is deemed to be Legend Tier gear, maybe L79 or 83 whatever)  ... you buy that gear and then you are made a Legend.  You want to pay for the best gear and enjoy the best equipment?... fine you got to L90... u deserve it... but welcome to Legend and the big boy tees.

With all the ......... in this paragraph, it took me a while to comprehend. The more I read it, the more I agreed. This is how it should be.

Thats just buying Legend at that point.

RSS