Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:10 AM

SGTBilko:

Equipment should be tier driven. I have trouble buying into the idea that if you want to buy R11s and your not a legend that's great. You either make them a legend or now they have to use the legend tee's. The biggest reason we have the level system today was people were focused on averages rather than other important stats like scrambling%, sand%, and other stats that were far more important. Eliminating the level will bring us right back to where we were before, players moving up to quickly and then blaming the game and how bad it sucks. If you think sandbagging is a problem now, remove the level system and see how bad it gets. Been there, done that, no way in hell we want to go back to that.

The business model has to take into consideration all the players and the way the current model is set up, there is no real model that really drives the player here to become a legend. Spaghetti kid has it right in many respects on this, there has to be some compelling reason to want that next level. So IMO equipment should be tier driven, not level driven.

*Equipment should be tier driven.   ... agree

*there is no real model that really drives the player here to become a legend  ... speaking as a relative newby here, so maybe my comment might seem simplistic to the players who've been here alot longer .... but the reason for me to hit Legend at pace was simply this .. (1) to just be at the highest tier .. (2) to be challenged

its a shame that this should not be incentive enough for so many ..

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:12 AM

MioKontic:
    I really can't understand why everyone is complaining about the R11s

:) you need to try it Mio... that thing is simply too good. I went from 75% to 83% driving accuracy with that toy. 

Distance is not the deal, is the forgiveness, ball goes always straight.

....but the same forgiveness can be found in low level clubs with less distance. so no big deal exept for the low level legend that are strugling with no equipement to comepte. 

I don't care if a sandbaggers cant buy it, but i do feel for legends with low level :S

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:21 AM

jvr86:
    There are few of us that became legend too earlier, In my case I wanted to; (for the honor, respect, whatever... to play with the big boys lol), and I strugled a while because I couldnt even buy the burners, I was stock with g10's for a few months. And there is a big difference playing back there with no equipment... and unfortunately same applies the other way, is a big difference playing with the best equipment from the baby's tees. 

This is where we may disagree, the level is important to keep what happened to you and me in check. Moving up to fast and to quick, the equipment for many still does not make a difference because they do not understand how to play the game. A good example is Beth Page Black. This is a great course that often forces the less experienced players to learn the Chip, Pitch, Flop and Punch shots. All to often they avoid this course because they cannot birdie every hole so they play Kiawah and Saint Andrews. Currently, you only get level points by playing ranked rounds and there are incentives/achievements that you can earn more through but I would like to see achievements like a certain scramble and sand percentage that earn you more as well. If you are good enough to be in the next tier then ranked rounds shouldn't be the only thing holding you back.

Another reason the Level was introduced was because of sandbagging and multi-accounts. It was so bad before this system was introduced  you can still find many of the accounts that were abandoned during the summer last year. Ever notice all lot of the legend, Tour Master and Master accounts in the community spotlight have levels like 59 (I cannot remember where they started them when they made the changes).?

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:23 AM

MioKontic:

I really can't understand why everyone is complaining about the R11s driver moving to a higher level.  You all still have the R11 driver which is only 2yds less, and I dare say you would probably not notice any difference in the distance long term.  And if you're bothered about the meter speed, the R11 is still slower than both the R11 irons or the Burner 2.0 irons, but closer in speed so that the irons don't feel too difficult to hit.  Personally I have stuck with the R11 driver because I'd rather have a more consistent meter speed across clubs than many different ones... and saved myself 3k credits (or whatever it is) in not getting it.

I agree mio, I was just using that as an example. I have it and personally it is not that much different than the R11. I could have spent my money on other things.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:48 AM

I was going to stick with the  R11 driver but was gifted the other... 

Another thing WGT could do is link the specs of a club to your tier, removing some yards of distance depending on the tier you are. This can be done to irons and driver, and maybe other long range clubs. So your R11s could still hit 2 yds longer than the R11, but as you are a Tour Master, you still don't get full distance until you reach Legend. The full 284 average should be only for Legends, as a TM your R11s would average 280... After all, in real life, only the most experienced and better trained players get more distance and accuracy from the best equipment, even though they can both afford them. That way the club will really be better than other with lower specs but only the people that really belong to the tiers can get full advantage of it. As a Tour Master, you can own the R11s, but will only be able to get full power once you get to Legend, till then... your R11s will average 280, and 275 for masters. This will give them the incentive to tier up, will make it more fair. Can you hit the same distance and with the same accuracy of a Professional player even using the same clubs? So making the specs of the same club tier accessible could be  an incentive too. My 2 cents.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:57 AM

SOYEL1:
    Another thing WGT could do is link the specs of a club to your tier, removing some yards of distance depending on the tier you are. This can be done to irons and driver, and maybe other long range clubs. So your R11s could still hit 2 yds longer than the R11, but as you are a Tour Master, you still don't get full distance until you reach Legend. The full 284 average should be only for Legends, as a TM your R11s would average 280... After all, in real life, only the most experienced and better trained players get more distance and accuracy from the best equipment, even though they can both afford them.

That's good option

but 4 yrds is nothing, I would go with 270 for TM's... no need for more.

or the average distance between tees, let say 30-50yrds lol

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 6:57 AM

Can I have all the 2 cents everyone is giving away; it would greatly increase my (real money) income... which has been zero for over 2 years now!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:11 AM

To: Mbaggese,

Okay, I am clear on what the abbrevations are now.  I am restricted to non-credit play.

I am still awaiting your answers to my SPECIFIC questions.  So far all you have done is moan about your poor choices in opponates in your credit playing games.

That is not reason enough to hold back ownership of equipment.

Is there not anyone who can give me ligitimate answers to my questions?  Again and STILL MY Nickle!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:20 AM

To:  ibprime,

Do all players in real life start from the same tee's?  Not when I played they didn't.

Your choices of opponates in credit games obviously is no better than the others who want restrictions on equipment.

You have not answered my questions either. 

"Is there no one else?"  Achilles,from the movie TROY.  My nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 8:46 AM

To:  thebigeasy707,

I fully agree with your paragraphs 1 thru 4.

However your remark about unfair advantage when they tee from the same tee is not unfair if the L40 Pro had access to the same equipment as the L85 Pro.  Your arguement is still self serving and only points out my contention that ALL equipment be made available to anyone who can credit up!

Agreed talk is very cheap, especially when it can not be backed up by reason.  You have not answered any of my specific questions either!

Your last (?) remark doesn't make sense.  If who? is gonna use bigger hitting clubs then they need to remove the unfair tee box advantage.  This is not how I remember it was done on the links when I played.

You showed up with your equipment, you signed in, you waited until there was a foresome, you denied it or accepted it.  If there was a special event, or a tournement the ground rules reguarding differant tee use was spelled out and you accepted it or did not play.

It still seems to me that your comments are angled to the "level" playing field concept, to which I alluded to in a previous entry. 

Appearently I suffer from a peculiar idea that says if you want to challange someone it is necessary to do due dilligence.  If you chose to challange someone, YOU must be prepared, because if the other guy accepts and he comes to a knife fight with a gun, what are you gonna do now?  Still my nickle.

RSS