Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:48 PM

Realizing what's going on and making changes.

Priceless

Kudos WGT

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:50 PM

borntobesting:
    One thing though that might help even more is having tier advancement also based on match play wins and A/S wins. Because most of us know that those high level hack and amateurs play more match play and A/S games than anything else. 

I gave a suggestion half was down the page in this thread on how matchplay and skins for credits should affect the calculated average.  Don't know if it has been looked at.

• WGTNiblick
    26 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 3:56 PM

No changes have been made to the Flop shot so you shouldn't see any differences.

Thanks.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:00 PM

pjctas0822:

TBE . WHen you flop does the shot seem to go way right all the time? Mine does and I have adjusted and improved my short game but was wondering if there any tips I can try ?

Or anyone else who has some good Flopping tips. 

I have learned the Punch shot works great when in between clubs as far as yardage and adding BS to them. I would die without the Punch shot :) 

line left of ding puts the ball in a straight line....you'll lose a tad of distance but only 1 or 2 yrds.

if you want the shot to go it's distance......move the arrow 3 -4 yrds left and hit ding line or  accordingly for wind adjustment.

i always use a varying amount of bs on my flops so they either stop within 2 ft max or so they have just enough speed to hole out........but never enough to roll yards past.

depending on balls

15/20 rough allow 3-5 yrds max

30/40 rough allow 6-8 yrds max

40/50 rough allow 7-10 yrds max

i use the nikes so allow for a little less.

as a rule this work well

tbe

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:05 PM

I dont understand why you make clubs to lvl, because i have seen pro lvl 91 with R11s, the person couldnt controle the powerfull driver!!

Let it be the tier and not lvl made what clubs available!!

Just my opinion, but i know very many legends and other players agree with me in that.

So dear wgt wake up and change the availability of clubsets to tier and not the lvl only!

Sorry my way to spell, but i am Danish.

Egon

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:06 PM

Nice changes for the most part. Legends should (IMO) be able to purchase any equipment. Also it should be master instead of pro status. Thanks for providing such a great game.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:08 PM

Give all Legends the best equipment without having to reach certain levels. This is the incentive for players reaching the Legend tier. Any player in a tier lower than the Legend tier doesn't have any business with Legend equipment, period.

A level 94 pro with the R11s driver doesn't make any sense. MisterWGT will have to explain why such a player needs to have a Legend driver in the pro tier. A pro player won't even be able to use full power with the R11s driver.

The equipment needs to be sold among the perspective tiers and tee-boxes only. Keep it real WGT. A level 94 pro can use the level 40+ R11s driver until that player reaches the Legend tier.

Take heed of the feedback WGT.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:20 PM

to get any driver that hits over 255 you should need to be at Master level IMHO.

as far as the R11's go, i think the best clubs should be available to ALL Legends. I played with a friend the other day who is a Legend, and one par 3 for them was 299 yards...thats totally unfair without top of the line clubs. actually its unfair even with the best clubs.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:26 PM

Before we could only buy equipment when we reached a certain Tier. Perhaps using a similar model, certain irons sets and drivers can only be bought when you have reached a tier.

It looks like we came back full circle in some respects.  Maintain the lvl points as they are for the equipment, but have a specifier as to when they are available.

You may want to look at segregating all your equipment based on performance into their respective tiers.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Jul 6 2012 4:33 PM

To:  egonweber

The tiers/levels, hogwash!  Money rules here so let it rule.  Just because you can buy it has no bearing on whether or not you are good enough to use it effectivey.

STARTER CLUBS!  Toally unnecessary,  why have them?  Let free enterprize run its course.  The best way to learn any sport is thru pratice,  with guidence/coaching from an experienced person.  All of that can be found within the training videos and our all inclusive forums.  More and beter information can not be found anywhere.  my nickle.

RSS