Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 12:38 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    WGT has jumped the shark with the R11 irons.  All you have to do is calculate wind and sometimes elevation to come up with your distance to pin, then apply full backspin and hit near the ding line.  The ball stops dead from 220 yards out.  That is extremely unrealistic.  Once in a while a tail wind or elevated pin location will prevent the shot from stopping like a dart, instead it stops within 3 yards of landing.  LOL.  This is not golf. 

Agree 100%

Now you know if a shot is good or not just a short moment after pressing your mouse button, knowing the ball won't roll on the green (normally). WGT does not care so much about this since they do not even give us an overview of the green elevation for our approach shots (setting pitch and view a small patch from the helicopter is not really adequate). No, they have taken it too far and forgotten about the basics.

• kensabre10
    3,029 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:34 PM

gee where do i start??? you guys are spt on and i'll go a step further. the result on the putting greens are just awful. not even realistic, nor true to the meter. forget tourney speed, that is so (sorry) fucked up i dont even play it anymore. WGT is a great game and i am glad its here, BUT its hardy fun and challenging to constantly get screed! i get more inch length puttig misses, AND lip outs in most rounds then i've had in my whole life!! c'mon wgt get it straight!!! hang in guys, it MAY get better???!!!

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 1:48 PM

kensabre10:

gee where do i start??? you guys are spt on and i'll go a step further. the result on the putting greens are just awful. not even realistic, nor true to the meter. forget tourney speed, that is so (sorry) fucked up i dont even play it anymore. WGT is a great game and i am glad its here, BUT its hardy fun and challenging to constantly get screed! i get more inch length puttig misses, AND lip outs in most rounds then i've had in my whole life!! c'mon wgt get it straight!!! hang in guys, it MAY get better???!!!

I like that the putting is hard.  I too, have seen some interesting lip outs.  I don't know what to make of it, if anything.  But I like that the putting is hard.  I have never played Championship speeds.  Tourney speed seems realistic to me now that I have gotten used to it.  At first, it seemed quite silly... but I started with Oakmont, the fastest greens... and they actually are ridiculous in real life.

With Tourney greens... I especially like the way the ball reacts to slopes on approaches like BPB 15 and some of the slopes on CCC where the ball feeds down to the hole.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:03 PM

Yes, putting is the only thing reasonably realistic since we can not spin. But pitching with Clevelands and Nike balls looks like a joke. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:09 PM

Tightrope:
    But pitching with Clevelands and Nike balls looks like a joke. 

Quite the contrary, not to mention the importance of knowing those shots.

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 4:23 PM

I've never seen so many putts that I thought were right on the money and all of  sudden veered left or right or went in the hole and came out. I'm on th last step to legend and sometime it feels like I just started. 

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:26 PM

YankeeJim:
    Quite the contrary, not to mention the importance of knowing those shots.
    So you think a 15 yards shot that lands 3 ft from the pin, bounce once and then darts down 2 inches from the pin on the second bounce is realistic? There no roll at all, just one little bounce. No need to compensate for elevations or break.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:46 PM

Tightrope:
    So you think a 15 yards shot that lands 3 ft from the pin, bounce once and then darts down 2 inches from the pin on the second bounce is realistic? There no roll at all, just one little bounce. No need to compensate for elevations or break.

I can do that with a real CG IRL. Certainly not every time, just like here when you don't hit it perfect, but yes, it's very real.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 5:50 PM

r11's, just calculate, full back spin, let it rip and it ends up next to cup from 220 yards Spaghetti kid? Are you freakin serious? This statement from somebody who has never hit these clubs? This is why most of the people who know anything about this game stay out of the forums. Holy crap, what a load of sh!t this thread is. Wonder why the mods didn't shut it down? Because it's CRAP and WGT looks better and better with each post. Notice I don't have a WGT nation flag next to my icon, because I have been very critical of WGT in the past. Where you guys are going with this is beyond my realm. Good luck with that. Sorry in advance to those who are gonna rip me, just my point of view. JB     P.S Spagh kid, if you hit full backspin with r11's with nike ball, plan on being 20 yards short most shots.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 4:46 AM

YankeeJim:
    I can do that with a real CG IRL. Certainly not every time, just like here when you don't hit it perfect, but yes, it's very real.

I watch the pro's on TV, never seen anything like the shots I make in WGT. Then on the other hand, not even Tiger is a Legend yet...

RSS