Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Game Changes

Thu, Oct 17 2013 12:37 AM (408 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 8:14 AM

DrFell:
    Does anyone know the percentage of active players here who play or don't play golf.?

Would be great with a poll option in this forum.

• Dutch57
    362 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:01 PM

The problem was self inflicted,,( maybe with good intentions)  but  wgt did this to themselves..  Power drinks dont make you a  golfer..but they are still for  sale right..  Im a legend level 97 and its come to my attn  as im also a cappy of  40 legends that  anytime wgt gets the sale mentality over the  fairness aspect.. problems arise.  EXE  Hack bannered on the main with a 57 avg and level 82..   Here is a list of corrections that most all  golfers would agree needs to happen..

1. Hit counter...  ( replace that  damn slide bar-- it lies anyway) 

2. Stint  speed rating on greens..  change im all ya want  just change the rating so we dont have to find out  by loosing .

3. Remember the " forgiveness " rating on clubs as listed in the Golf shop ???    It disappears right after you buy the clubs..  

4. Chip shots on the greens?    I wonder why Jack Niclaus   Arnald Palmer, and a host of other  Legends  chiped on  greens..?  Just cause some of you wont  try and learn the shot  doesnt make the shot  wrong..  WGT is wrong in removing this option.

5. "In practice mode"  a golfer needs the option the  " re-hit " any shot..  Great learning tool.. Great Teaching tool. 

6. Posted:  Requirements for  each level ( in plain English ) were all can read the objective and all can  reach a goal  fairly. 

7.  Im not going to get into  crap like  Hitting a   Nike level 48 --165 club.  full bottom with no elevation or wind and it goes 141..  You programmers can fix this ***.

And  no  WGT its not our computers ..  Your damn servers screwing up . 

8.  A garage sale :   Where i can sell my old  clubs to people that dont have the money to pay full price..  YOU WANT FAIR?   NOW THAT IS FAIR.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:04 PM

GlassMan27:

Milfshake:

Ive played over 1700 "ALT shots".. Thats alot of games since Sept 6th.. Sorry to correct you. Not much time for ranked rounds eh.. ? 

The ranked rounds would tier you up. That is the ONLY reason you don't play them. You're not fooling anyone. I will second the 'disgrace'.

Are you afraid of the challenge everyone is giving you for ranked rounds? You say they blow. Well, then you are asking for more taunting from everyone. I personally do not see the reasoning of holding back. Playing is playing, but to just do alternate shot and nothing else shows no initiative to show your better. Just because you take someones credits in match play game makes you look more like a scammer in real life. I rather move up in tiers than just sit back as a pro for a long time. Most of the time people that are tier higher than pro are going to decline playing with you.

I can actually say I am glad I moved to a master tier. I am looking forward to tour master or legend. I will be just as happy now as I am then in the future changes. I just see being stuck in same tier forever is like afraid of change. I rather have change in my life than be bored with same things day after day. Shows how you are, when you don't stand up to the real challenge of tierin up.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:16 PM

4. Chip shots on the greens?    I wonder why Jack Niclaus   Arnald Palmer, and a host of other  Legends  chiped on  greens..?  Just cause some of you wont  try and learn the shot  doesnt make the shot  wrong..  WGT is wrong in removing this option

You can chip on green, but you cant give backspin, so have to judge your power very excactly to make a good greenchip!

Egon

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:02 PM

WGTwildcat:

• R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

this is 100% pure crap of a change. from 90 to 94?

why not keep it at 90 and make it legend+ only?

i just hit 89,  to get to 90 requires 58,500 xp, which at 2k per day xp will take a month, not to mention dozens of balls at 20 dollars per dozen.

how much xp is required from 90 to 94? 250k? how many balls?

so in the meantime, while i'm earning the 300k xp to get lvl 94, i can watch lvl 90+ pro, tour pro, masters, etc use the best driver on wgt.

raising the level only doesn't solve the problem.

please reconsider upping the level to instead upping the tier, no tm or below needs this club from the non-legend tees.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:23 PM

Dutch57:

The problem was self inflicted,,( maybe with good intentions)  but  wgt did this to themselves..  Power drinks dont make you a  golfer..but they are still for  sale right..  Im a legend level 97 and its come to my attn  as im also a cappy of  40 legends that  anytime wgt gets the sale mentality over the  fairness aspect.. problems arise.  EXE  Hack bannered on the main with a 57 avg and level 82..   Here is a list of corrections that most all  golfers would agree needs to happen..

1. Hit counter...  ( replace that  damn slide bar-- it lies anyway) 

2. Stint  speed rating on greens..  change im all ya want  just change the rating so we dont have to find out  by loosing .

3. Remember the " forgiveness " rating on clubs as listed in the Golf shop ???    It disappears right after you buy the clubs..  

4. Chip shots on the greens?    I wonder why Jack Niclaus   Arnald Palmer, and a host of other  Legends  chiped on  greens..?  Just cause some of you wont  try and learn the shot  doesnt make the shot  wrong..  WGT is wrong in removing this option.

5. "In practice mode"  a golfer needs the option the  " re-hit " any shot..  Great learning tool.. Great Teaching tool. 

6. Posted:  Requirements for  each level ( in plain English ) were all can read the objective and all can  reach a goal  fairly. 

7.  Im not going to get into  crap like  Hitting a   Nike level 48 --165 club.  full bottom with no elevation or wind and it goes 141..  You programmers can fix this ***.

And  no  WGT its not our computers ..  Your damn servers screwing up . 

8.  A garage sale :   Where i can sell my old  clubs to people that dont have the money to pay full price..  YOU WANT FAIR?   NOW THAT IS FAIR.

bang on the money with that Dutch :)

tbe

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:34 PM

FamousBeef:

WGTwildcat:

• R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...as it's slightly longer, more precise and more forgiving than any other driver. So since WGT doesn’t change the specifications of released equipment, to make the game a little more balanced, on 8/1/12 we're planning to move the R11S Driver unlock from Level 90 to Level 94. This will give any players in the high Level 80s a full month to level-up to unlock and purchase the club, then it will move permanently to Level 94. Note that players who have already purchased the club will be unaffected.

this is 100% pure crap of a change. from 90 to 94?

why not keep it at 90 and make it legend+ only?

i just hit 89,  to get to 90 requires 58,500 xp, which at 2k per day xp will take a month, not to mention dozens of balls at 20 dollars per dozen.

how much xp is required from 90 to 94? 250k? how many balls?

so in the meantime, while i'm earning the 300k xp to get lvl 94, i can watch lvl 90+ pro, tour pro, masters, etc use the best driver on wgt.

raising the level only doesn't solve the problem.

please reconsider upping the level to instead upping the tier, no tm or below needs this club from the non-legend tees.

this was one of the two most asked questions on this thread in the past 3 weeks, yet was not even addressed in the *ask mr.wgt* session. i have no idea why they wont talk about it. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:41 PM

WGTwildcat:

• R11S Driver - Apparently this club was just a little too good...

so were the TM 2.0's when they 1st came out........until they got fooked around with just as the R11 irons were due out.

yeah.....wgt don't mess around with clubs....my ar$e.

tbe

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Sat, Jul 28 2012 6:27 PM

I find it funny that the original post in this thread has been modified to eliminate the 'player feedback' portion of the R11s comment. Transparency? Give me a f'n break. I'm still waiting to hear who the player was that got beat by a 'lesser skilled' opponent because their opponent had the same equipment they had, and was so hurt that they felt the need to cry to the powers that be at WGT. The whole thing is comical.

• MBidney
    145 Posts
    Sun, Jul 29 2012 6:39 AM

GlassMan27:

I find it funny that the original post in this thread has been modified to eliminate the 'player feedback' portion of the R11s comment. Transparency? Give me a f'n break. I'm still waiting to hear who the player was that got beat by a 'lesser skilled' opponent because their opponent had the same equipment they had, and was so hurt that they felt the need to cry to the powers that be at WGT. The whole thing is comical.

HAHAHAHA!!!!  Thanks for pointing that out.  Wow.

RSS