Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problems

Sat, Aug 4 2012 12:06 AM (44 replies)
  • thominto
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:31 PM

Hi Guys Do you know how I can get in touch with the big boys in the USA, I am having terrible problems with my meter, the running bar will not stop at the point it should, an d all my shots are g

oing wide, I have had it looked over and everything is where it should be. thanks   thominto

• Bugsytwo
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 12:55 PM

Agreed!

The meter is "shuddering", it has suddenly become un-even, and thus very difficult to judge where / when to click.

It is not the internet connection line speed, I tested this, and re-started everything.

Let's hope something happens to cure!

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 1:46 PM

This is not uncommon for new players. Check out the Smooth Sailing article on my blog. Be sure to click on View All because there is a lot of other stuff there. So you know, I am not a geek...but I have been here a long time and learned a thing or two. Other stuff there that might interest you as well. Good Luck!

Joey

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 4:30 PM

thominto:
    the running bar will not stop at the point it should

Sounds like a windows 7 Aero graphic scheme,,Window 7 can do this sometimes and you need to strip that Aero theme to BASIC,If you are not using W7 ignore this,XP  you can simply adjust for best performance,Hope that works on W7 for you,also you need to try different browers,,Firefox,,Google chrome,,Chrome Iron,,Maxthon,,etc etc,and see which one suits yer computer hardware the best,

• chndlr54
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 6:34 PM

I have a problem with the meter not going all the way back and stopping when I'm not ready.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2012 7:18 PM

thominto:

Hi Guys Do you know how I can get in touch with the big boys in the USA, I am having terrible problems with my meter, the running bar will not stop at the point it should, an d all my shots are g

oing wide, I have had it looked over and everything is where it should be. thanks   thominto

What Joey and Priestess said is very good advice. But if you are using a wireless mouse this can cause your meter to keep running because if the batteries are weak or you receiver is misaligned your pc might not receive the signal. 

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 5:24 AM

But if you are using a wireless mouse this can cause your meter to keep running because if the batteries are weak or you receiver is misaligned your pc might not receive the signal. 

maybe this could be the reason why for the last 2 - 3 days i've missed 80% of  shots the right side of ding...must look into it..cheers

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 6:40 AM

I too have experienced some real problems the last few days, yesterday was particularly bad suffering being metered on 4 consecutive holes. Must go change the mouse batteries :^)

• Covenant
    1,498 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:22 AM

I had the feeling there was a slight delay when using a wireless mouse, which i had not with an usb mouse. Of course you can get used to it, but the usb mouse suits me well.

And indeed, Tiffer, the last few days are worse than normal

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 7:28 AM

meter has been as dodgey as a geordie sitting his maths exam the last few days.

tbe

RSS