Forums

Help › Forums

Meter problems

Sat, Aug 4 2012 12:06 AM (44 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 2:41 PM

VegasWhiteBoy:
    thats because your a stupid troll, im on here giving suggestions to people to help out and here come you, the wgt ''troll'' with noting but bad things to say to someone trying to lend a helping hand, hope you enjoy your miserable life,  must really suck being you !.

@HDB,

Quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:09 PM

I found another simple task people can perform in Windows to help smooth the meter.

Closing all of your computers applications before starting a game will assure all resources are pointed towards freeing-up RAM. Its a simple four step process.

Right click in the empty space of the task bar (bottom of screen) and click start task manager > click applications > click on the applications you want to close > click end task for each application you want to close. That's it.

This will assure nothing is running in the background during game-play.

Here's a helpful how-to article that will explain in more detail about applications and other things that can be shutdown for better performance in Windows.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 6:41 PM

Richard4168:

I found another simple task people can perform in Windows to help smooth the meter.

Closing all of your computers applications before starting a game will assure all resources are pointed towards freeing-up RAM. Its a simple four step process.

Right click in the empty space of the task bar (bottom of screen) and click start task manager > click applications > click on the applications you want to close > click end task for each application you want to close. That's it.

Here's a helpful how-to article that will explain in more detail about applications and other things that can be shutdown for better performance in Windows.

A big thank you to Richard for helping out the community. I am personally very grateful.

Been trying to solve my meter issues (lag) for many months and spent lots of hours in my quest.

I have cleared my start up through msconfig down from 20+ to 5 now. Have no other applications running (just comodo) and do all the other stuff like clearing the 3 cashes, and having no other windows open. But the problems are nearly always the same. Very occasionally I will have a smooth meter, and what a difference that can make. 

In the task manager I have 50 processes running and lots of services running to. While'st playing the game my CPU usage spikes alot from 0% to over 30% at times.  Could this have anything to do with the lag in the meter?

Just wanted to ask for help and to say that by doing things that you have kindly suggested have not worked for everyone. 

Again thank you very much for suggestions that you have made I have learnt alot through them, and hope to hear what you think may still my the cause of my and probably alot of others problems.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 7:37 PM

Hi

Just keeping this thread on topic to the Frum section it is on.

Hi Thominto, welcome to WGT

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:14 PM

@Chris2345,

You're quite welcome. The things I'm suggesting are the things I do and my meter is smooth all the time. And the game is smooth too.

Its more about putting all these things together at once. Browsers will fill-up with clutter fast so you have to keep them empty. The registry will get errors so that needs to be sorted from time to time. RAM needs to freed-up from time to time. A lot of computers are pre-loaded with useless software that works in the background constantly. Anti-virus programs also work in the background.

Use a newer A-V program that will work silently in the background. Vipre is a good A-V program.

Another good way to have a smooth meter is to turn off a lot of the game settings. And also let flash settle-down before starting a new command. Simply count to three before doing anything in the game-client. You'll see the banners in the top right corner flash on/off, you'll see the club name change in the lower left hand corner after every new location loads.

Wait for these flash objects to stop working before taking a swing. Even moving the aiming cursor and starting a swing will cause the meter to stutter. Let the game catch-up with flash before taking a swing. Waiting for the flash objects to stop working is the equivalent to holding the club at the top of the swing for three to five seconds.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:15 PM

Not sure what your point is Shrude, but my discussion about the swing meter is on-topic.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:39 PM

Richard4168:

I use Game Booster, it closes down anything i choose for it to do.  I just check it everyday to make sure it is on.  It helped my meter greatly.  my nickle.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, Jul 21 2012 8:54 PM

Thanks Richard, I think  I'm doing all the above and understand it's all things working together. 

I run the disk clean up, and de-*** alot. Also hold the swing back.

I run a free A-V, mircosoft essentials. Maybe that could be the problem. Thanks for the link to viper, and also a previous link explaining how to get disable an A-V program. I will try this tomorrow.

I'm glad for you that the meter runs smooth, and hopefully will join there soon.

Could my internet speed have anything to do with it? Have read alot of conflicting answers, some say yes, and others say no. Got the fastest available to me, although still pretty slow. (Live in the sticks)

Around...

7 mbps download 

.35 mbps upload

60 m/s ping  

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 4:09 PM

Richard4168:
    my discussion about the swing meter is on-topic.

Yours is. As is everyone elses who replied.

This thread began in 'Community Introductions' hence my 'Hello'.

The thread topic itself is OFF TOPIC for this sub forum and should have been posted (or moved) to 'Community Help' or 'Game Tips'.

All of the plethora of Meter Glitch threads, the many duplicates are in Community  Help, Or  WGT Beta & Game Tips threads, in these sub forums the topic is more relevant.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jul 22 2012 4:22 PM

Ah, I see your point Shrude.

RSS