Help › Forums

A Tiger in my garden.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:46 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jul 10 2012 11:36 PM

I just want to know why ya can't cut your own lawn?

kidding

great story!

• MioKontic
    4,646 Posts
    Wed, Jul 11 2012 2:18 AM

I had a hedgehog on my drive a couple of evenings ago.  A baby one at that.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:23 AM

A very late reply to this thread, and I do apologise for that.

Vusi did not do as well as he/I might have hoped in the tournament held at Zwartkops earlier last year finishig T17 place. I managed to catch up with him today and his anecdote of what happened and his poor showing reminded me just how fickle this crazy game we play can be.

On the first day (of two), he started well being -1 after 5 holes, and playing, as he puts it, "With a strong stomach". But unfortunately he fell apart a bit losing 5 strokes over the next few holes and managing to claim two back before the round ended. Carding a +2 for the round. The follwing day was much of the same treatment from old Murphy as he got back to even par before the first 5 and once again gave afew more shots back. Eventually he ended on a total of 143 which was -1 for the tournament with the winning score being at -7.

However the Gods might have frowned on him that day but they appear to be in better graces recently as he carried the bag of local golf pro Darren Fichardt. The way I understand it, they have made some kind of connection and he will be carrying his bag in the Joburg Open due to be held at the Kensington Golf Club next month.

The story of this man who traded his garden hoe for a driver and is now flirting with the front lines of international golf never ceases to delight me.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:46 AM

Great story , glad i reed it this morning.   TY  Timbo

• PAGES
RSS