Forums

Help › Forums

Now Dont Get Me Wrong..............

Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:11 AM (48 replies)
  • pimpmyaces
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:41 AM

Prob  not  the  right  place,  but  WGT  is  fooked up  the  last  12  hrs  its  a  joke  roll  on  the  competition.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Mon, Jul 23 2012 11:42 AM

Still doesn't make it easy... I promise.  They do give away free credits by visiting their sponsors and watching videos, etc.  Just saying..

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 2:02 AM

Well that's  it for me yet again, it hasn't taken long to realise why i stopped playing this game the first time round.

Shame as it could have been a very, very good game, but there are just too many faults to make it worth continuing.

The putting is the worst of it by a mile, I'm dropping 6 to 8 shots a game on putts that are landing just inches from the hole when everything about my shot suggests the putt should have dropped.

In my last round i had a 60ft putt 2in uphill, hit just shy of 60ft on the powerbar(around 56ft) and the ball went straight through the middle of the hole and another 6ft past ffs.

The only way to improve is to invest a sh*tload of cash to massively improve my level, allowing me to purchase better equipment, but the game just aint worth the money.

Decent game, but as soon as you are at a certain level you just cannot improve without spending a small fortune and even then, who's to say that with the best equipment the faults with the game will be in any way reduced?

Thanks for having me and be sure to send me an e-mail when you have made a serious attempt to improve the many game faults on each course and i'll be glad to return! 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:03 AM

Garry,

No disrespect intended, but with only 50 ranked rounds played, I don't think you have played the game nearly enough to expect to start shooting great scores yet.  

I also noticed that when you came back you were moved back to the Masters tees, but was a Pro when you left last time.  With less than 20 rounds as Master, I think you just need to take some more time to learn the game.  

It can really be fun if you just let the "faults" go and enjoy the game for what it is.  

HP

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:51 AM

Hmmm.... Mad about not hitting a 60 ft putt?... I'm not sure if I've ever sunk one but if you're expecting to consistently hit those then I'd suggest to move on....

Best of luck to you

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 6:56 PM

GarryEdkins:

Off the top of my head, i would guess its to do with the "better" players having purchased better clubs, which means to WGT its all about the money.

Fair enough i suppose, but it reminds me a bit of Pokerstars, they try to clear each table asap as its more turnover, this is why you get dealt so many good hands, in the case of WGT they make sure the game is hard unless you spend big money on the items that make it easy.

Just saying...

I can hang with the big boys but I haven't spent barely any money on this game...I spent a couple bucks getting clubs at master (like $10) and $1 entering my first ready-go so its not not the money!

And each shot you hit is different...so like a flop out of a bunker doesn't work unless you have a certain spin setting...and a punch out of the thick rough will go further than a full shot...and lies in the rough are percentage ranges...and you could get a lucky or unlucky bounce since there are different slopes to hit off..

learn to just take it as it comes and just make the next shot the way you want to!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 7:55 PM

Yes the game can be a royal pain , but you can still have fun. I have been playing for little over a year now. My main peeves were game performance.I was having fits with the swing meter, loading,and other issues as well.I learned to play around them. I didn`t quit, I did rant and rave and have fits in the forums though, and I kept playing. I`m a casual player, but I play every day 338 consecutive so far. I played a 9 hole practice round today on Kiawah, and shot  -8 under earlier.Later I played the same 9 again and shot -3 under. It`s no big deal. Honestly, your problem is ball placement . If all of your putts are over 15 ft. , then you have to work on your short game. Play practice stroke play rounds, and work on your game. The game short changes all of us as we play , but we still play. You can`t blame everything on the game, because you are creating  some of your own problems. So just play and have fun , and things will get better. Do the videos and surveys if you can, and get the clubs that you need. I hope you will take this to heart, and keep playing. Happy Swinging.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:23 PM

Off the top of my head, i would guess its to do with the "better" players having purchased better clubs, which means to WGT its all about the money.

Trust me @GarryEdkins, it's not only having the best clubs, that these top scores in the 50's are made.  The players that are doing this, have over 2500 ranked rounds on average.  This means that they KNOW the inconsistent (Putts), or (Approach Shots), or (Lay ups), that the average Joe like you and I would think, this Shot were making, should act like this... But it consistently DOESN'T.  Leaving us to learn with ranked rounds or practice rounds how to work around it... Because we would know this shot is... Inconsistant, consistently.  I'll give you 1 example Bethpage Black hole 2 approach shot. Wheeew.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:35 PM

Show me a better Golf sim/game out there right now and Ill quit this game and go buy that game.

WGT with its deviations , bugs, whatever anyone wants to label it is by far the best playing golf game I have played in many many years. Yes it lacks luster as far as being a flash game and not a 3d rendered game . Im talking about the gameplay itself. I love it like I love my wife with all the faults and all.

Some games are not for everyone but that doesnt mean you have to poop on it because its not for you. J/S.

BTW No I love my wife more just saying about the fault thingy :)

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 3:10 AM

I think you's have me all wrong, i dont expect or even want to be fantastic at the game, as i've said, if i ever start hitting sub 60 or God forbid sub 50 rounds then the game will have lost its allure completely, i just want  the ball or the green etc to react how i'm told it will react.

Every round i play there are numerous examples of the game reacting against the information it supplies, in my last 9 holes i had a 2nd shot of 155 yards to the pin 32ft uphill, so i used an iron that hit 155 yards at its fullest, yet the ball went screaming past the hole before it even landed???

I too have played almost every incarnation of golf game, whether it be for the PC or game console and this is by far the worst in regards to how bad the shot information is compared to how the shot actually plays, this does not mean its the worst golf game i have ever played, but it is the most frustrating.

I'm hitting 99% of fairways, 90% of greens and 90% of the time i'm well within 5 or 6 yards of the pin, its only when the game gives me duff information of a shot that i tend to struggle and because the putting info is the worst part of the game it makes sense that i struggle with this the most.

For me you could make the game even harder, but at least get the shot information right, otherwise its no longer a difficult but largely satisfying game, just a poor one.

RSS