Forums

Help › Forums

Now Dont Get Me Wrong..............

Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:11 AM (48 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 4:55 PM

YankeeJim is exactly right about this Garry guy. No one will ever say anything to help him play better. He doesn't want to play better. He always puts blame on something he can't do. I wonder who he would blame if he couldn't drive a chelsea tractor?

He's a paid carTWOn troll, guaranteed.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 5:04 PM

After careful analysis and processing the data provided, I've determined that you're standing too close to the ball after you hit it.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 6:52 PM

YankeeJim:

GarryEdkins:
    I've heard enough excuses but not one single answer peeps

You don't want to hear answers, you're just trying to make yourself right. You don't have game and don't want to learn how to get it. Guys were shooting 61 from the master tees at BPB 3 years ago way before any of the current equipment showed up. You have better stuff than them and still can't. What's up with that? You gonna blame the game or take responsibility?

Wow... The last time I saw Jim this fired up was when the Yanks lost an extra inning game in Fenway Park..

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 8:18 PM

GarryEdkins:

Well written, but sadly completely wrong.

Thing is, i rarely if ever use my wedges, my iron shot usually finds the green and if i did what you suggested i'd end up 4 putting every hole.

Thanks though ;)

60 % is not good

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 8:19 PM

GarryEdkins:

Well written, but sadly completely wrong.

Thing is, i rarely if ever use my wedges, my iron shot usually finds the green and if i did what you suggested i'd end up 4 putting every hole.

Thanks though ;)

60 % is not good

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 10:57 PM

peteduffer:

For one look at no.10 on Olympic you can hit your meter and still hit the tree is that fair or how do you stop hitting it. I've tried different approaches on hitting off the tee but found it was all luck if you didn't hit the tree.

The dogleg on Oly#10 has a very short corner ..I usually aim just left of the tree and take about 10% off of my driver..That generally leaves me about 125 yards into the green..Hope that helps..

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 1:28 AM

Howdo Jim, i kinda get what your saying but your missing my point mate.

I understand that even in real life Golfers plot their holes, writing down as much info as they can about bunker placements, where to land on the green and all sorts of putting info, downhill putts, uphill putts, left to right putts etc, etc,

Now i'm happy to do the same when it comes to all these things, what i have a problem with is the swing meter and the putting info supplied.

If i have a flat green and i hit a 15ft putt(according to the meter) then that putt should go 15ft, if its uphill then i expect it to go a little less and vice versa with a downhill putt, but "between my ball and the pin", if i have a 15ft putt 1inch ^(uphill) and i hit it 15ft on the meter, i expect that ball to come up short, not fizz past the hole or straight through the cup, i'm sorry but this is where i draw the line, this is dis-information and the reason why i've seen myself 4 putt on occasion.

Get the shot info right and you have yourself a bloody good game, if not, dont make excuses.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 2:56 AM

Garry:

The putting scale is correct for standard greens. Green speed varies on other greens from 90% to 140%.

As a Master, you are on "very fast" greens = 120 %. It's perfectly correct that 15 ft putts roll 18 ft.

Other than that, I confirm what others said: The starter wedges suck - investing 400 crs in two Ping wedges adds tremendously to the fun and the success.

You should at least get rid of that SWING SW in your bag which increases the sucking with the umpteenth power.

• peteduffer
    48 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:11 AM

And how many rounds have you seen being played at 61 not many so don't say i'm using it as a excuse.Might have better equipment on here and I've played a lot of games on here with a lot of legends and I still haven't seen anyone much better than me playing on here! There is not one person going to make every putt with the legend greens on here and to shoot in the fifties you have to bird almost every hole then eagle the rest  so tell me what pro you've seen do that on any course.

RSS