Help › Forums

Now Dont Get Me Wrong..............

Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:11 AM (48 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 1:23 PM

GarryEdkins:
    I hate it when people brown nose and suck ***

So does everyone else Garry. Learn how to play the game. You'll find that there's nothing wrong with the shot info. It works fine for me!

The shot info works great for so many players, what makes you believe the shot info doesn't work for you when so many players score sub-30 rounds?

You have to at least had one shot go your way, even in 55 ranked rounds. What was your excuse then?

This whole thread just sounds like you saying, I can't do it, so everyone who can must be cheating.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 1:23 PM

GarryEdkins:
    Sorry fella's but your talking crap, i dont want pity, i just want the shot info i'm given to correlate with the shot i'm playing ffs

We all do. In a nutshell, it isn't going to happen with inferior clubs. Search Precision, Forgiveness and Deviation. The answer to your original observation is there. 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 1:53 PM

I think he is asking for one of the Excel spread sheets you all are using.

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 2:10 PM

I can quite honestly say i dont think i've had a single shot that went right that i thought i'd hit wrong.

Oh and look back at some of the shots i've played and posted about, the shot info is poor at best and having to curl in 80% of putts is something that just dont happen in real life.

Realism is so way off in this game its laughable.

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 2:10 PM

And you are a clueless d*ck ;)

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 2:33 PM

GarryEdkins:

Thing is, i rarely if ever use my wedges, my iron shot usually finds the green and if i did what you suggested i'd end up 4 putting every hole.

Your stats say that you are only hitting 61% of greens in regulation..That translates to about 7 missed greens every 18 holes ..

You need to start hitting better iron shots, or buy some better wedges...

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 3:03 PM

bearclaw27:

GarryEdkins:

Thing is, i rarely if ever use my wedges, my iron shot usually finds the green and if i did what you suggested i'd end up 4 putting every hole.

Your stats say that you are only hitting 61% of greens in regulation..That translates to about 7 missed greens every 18 holes ..

You need to start hitting better iron shots, or buy some better wedges...

Thats more to do with not being able to reach par 4 greens with two shots, other than that if i do miss the green i'm usually within putting distance just off the green.

Apart from that, these stats are inclusive of early rounds when i had just started playing.

I've heard enough excuses but not one single answer peeps

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 3:53 PM

GarryEdkins:

Thats more to do with not being able to reach par 4 greens with two shots, other than that if i do miss the green i'm usually within putting distance just off the green.

Regardless of whether you miss a green left or right, or come up short, you still need to hit a wedge for your 3rd shot..My point is that you are using your wedges far more often than u think..

As for the 3 questions in your OP, here are my answers..

1...You underestimated the amount of carry you needed on a left to right dog leg hole..

2...20-25% rough doesnt affect a wedge shot that much and you probably were chipping to a green which runs away from you (downhill)

3. on Master greens, if you strike a 15 foot putt with 100% power, it should roll about 18 foot..

• peteduffer
    48 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 4:11 PM

Being in the 50's I for one would like to sit down and watch that person play this game.Yes every hole will play different each time so that tells me there is something wrong with someone shooting in the 50's even the pro's don't shoot in the 50's and they adjust for the hole. For one look at no.10 on Olympic you can hit your meter and still hit the tree is that fair or how do you stop hitting it. I've tried different approaches on hitting off the tee but found it was all luck if you didn't hit the tree.But if you watched as the Pro's played the course the tree's were never a factor.Let's be truthful I bet most guys who hit in the 50's have a program but wgt has no way of stopping them or don't want to make the effort. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2012 4:13 PM

GarryEdkins:
    I've heard enough excuses but not one single answer peeps

You don't want to hear answers, you're just trying to make yourself right. You don't have game and don't want to learn how to get it. Guys were shooting 61 from the master tees at BPB 3 years ago way before any of the current equipment showed up. You have better stuff than them and still can't. What's up with that? You gonna blame the game or take responsibility?

RSS