Forums

Help › Forums

EVERYONE misses cut at 4 round Tourney Glitch...REALLY??

Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:12 PM (60 replies)
  • foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:09 AM

Message to wgt staff: i don't know if u guys care about what people that play this game think of you but you guys are really digging a deep hole here for yourselves by not responding to this issue.

To leave the O.P. hanging when the credit amount we are talking about here is not substantial, leaves you looking quite unfavorable to say the least. This is getting ridiculous now..

Why won't u guys give the O.P. the credits he did not receive?? Lets not forget what we are talking about here.. this guy was leading a 4 round cc tourney after 3 rounds yet (due to error) he missed the cut (along with everyone else in the tourney).

I'm no expert and don't pretend to know all the rules regarding cut lines with the new cc multi-round tourneys, however i do have enough common sense to know that the leader of the tournament should not miss the cut..

WGT needs to respond to this thread!

Fore

p.s. i know wgt is sooo busy rolling out the new uneven lies feature..lmao what a joke that is, btw..

• randalski
    131 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:22 AM

g1 here.... think i'll hang around to hear  what they have to say....

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:11 PM

foregettaboutit:

I'm no expert and don't pretend to know all the rules regarding cut lines with the new cc multi-round tourneys, however i do have enough common sense to know that the leader of the tournament should not miss the cut..

He might be excluded if he doesn't play, but apparently he wasn't allowed to play. Incredible, like you said.

Here is some proof for the argument:

As you can see, 6 apparently made the cut to the third round but 5 of them WDed. Brick was the only one to play the third round and was denied to play the forth by MC.

This last man standing must have been pushed to the wrong side of the cut due to some programming which doesn't properly cover this extraordinary situation. One reason is IMHO that the WDs are not counted in when the percentage is applied, leaving the cut at 70% of one player instead of 70% of 6. Anyway, this one should have been allowed to continue.

• Pipeous
    720 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:30 PM

Very disturbing indeed. many things of late have been disturbng. ths floors me that no response or solution has come. simple problem, simple solution..

I guarantee I am going to spend less paypal on the site from now forward and I am playing with stock pebbles

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:24 AM

WGT, where are you?

Habt Ihr eine Schreibblockade?

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:43 AM

WOW, i have just read this thread for the 1st time, and i have to say i am stumped by what i have read. I dont know if the issue has been resolved, but if it hasnt, then shame on you WGT. Although it does not surprise me in the least that it has come to this. WGT have had a total lack of respect for its customers in issues like this lately, and it only goes to prove the direction WGT are taking now. Seems like customers count for nothing anymore.

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:34 AM

The tourney ending date could have occurred before Brick tried to play his final round. If that happened it would show as a missed cut. 

• aj10101
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:33 PM

Even if nobody finishe the 4th round that puse does not beloing to WGT, that money is being gambled between players. It should either be returned to all players or be given out acordding to the pay out rules of the tournament. I will not put money on this site as long as this issue remains unresolved.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 2:51 PM

MC instead of NP or WD is not transparent at all!

Those designations changed a lot these days, didn't see it that way.

Plus, why did he post his claim only after the tourney was closed?

It looks like I don't have a case anymore, except perhaps some insight in WGT's modus operandi.

Thanks for the support anyway, folks!

Edit:

I sustain my observations that there are several flaws in the cut line subject.

• foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 4:02 AM

Borntobesting:

The tourney ending date could have occurred before Brick tried to play his final round. If that happened it would show as a missed cut. 

If you would have read the first post on this thread a little more closely you would have noticed this.. "When the time for the 3rd round expired on 7/14/2012, it listed all entrants as MC (missed cut) including me who was leading."

If you take the O.P. at his word, and i do, then your theory falls a bit short.. The real issue here, in my opinion, is the lack of a response to this thread from wgt staff.

Keep in mind, icon did comment on this thread on the first page, so it is not as if they just simply haven't seen the thread.. It seems to me as if a response from WGT Staff is warrented.

Fore

RSS