Forums

Help › Forums

EVERYONE misses cut at 4 round Tourney Glitch...REALLY??

Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:12 PM (60 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 6:20 AM

You're right, fore, but there's no proof to his words - he posted only after the tourney was closed. Why did he wait so long?

Brick might stand up and confirm the date, but he doesn't. I don't wanna make a fool out of myself (any longer?) with such a shaky case at hand.

Icon's statement has a standing, too, pointing to the possible reason and only promising to come back in case of a change. No change, no further answer by WGT.

I personally would have liked a further reply...

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:40 AM

foregettaboutit:

Borntobesting:

The tourney ending date could have occurred before Brick tried to play his final round. If that happened it would show as a missed cut. 

If you would have read the first post on this thread a little more closely you would have noticed this.. "When the time for the 3rd round expired on 7/14/2012, it listed all entrants as MC (missed cut) including me who was leading."

If you take the O.P. at his word, and i do, then your theory falls a bit short.. The real issue here, in my opinion, is the lack of a response to this thread from wgt staff.

Keep in mind, icon did comment on this thread on the first page, so it is not as if they just simply haven't seen the thread.. It seems to me as if a response from WGT Staff is warrented.

Fore

I read it quite well before  I posted. He said it listed all entrants as MC not playing the 3rd round. But as you can see in the post showing the leader board that  he played the 3rd round. He may have meant to say that only he got to play the 3rd round but that is not what his original post said. 

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 10:11 AM

I understood that all were marked MC for the forth round on the day the third round expired.

This is what the leaderboard stated when I first saw it, well after the tourney was finished.

My copy dates from 08/18 but it corresponds to my first post on 07/24.

It struck me then that all those not posting a score in the third round were shown as WD while Brick had a MC for the forth round (in former times there was also NP for "not played").

It was you to show up that MC is also used for NP now - confusing at least.

• foregettaboutit
    227 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 3:28 PM

Well this certainly seems like a dead horse here, but borntobesting, it still appears you are having trouble reading or understanding the O.P.

The bug, or error, he was reporting is that after he had finished the 3rd round of a 4 round tourney,which he was leading,  he was listed as missed cut, without having an opportunity to play the 4th round.

What you said in your above your post is not accurate whatsoever..

Fore

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2012 4:11 PM

IMO enough has been said about this case, and between all versions of the truth there is a lot of uncertainty.

Unfortunately, the leaderboard representation is not helpful.

In a four rounds CC tourney without any cut the players who discontinued were marked as MC while the tourney was running:

After the finish they are (correctly) WDs.

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:45 AM

Dead horse is correct...WGT just took my credits and the other folks credits. They gave lip service to looking into it, but have offered no substantive reasons, nor have they given back the credits. WGT just said 'eventually they will drop it if we placate them a little bit'.

It is currently happening in 2 free tourneys in my new club...WGT is either unwilling or unable to correct it or make amends. WGT=AMBIVOLENT

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:27 AM

HELLOOOO...WGT??? ANYONE READING THIS???

Your silence is so loud.....

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:42 AM

Icon's statement on page 1(?) seems to be still valid.

I also don't see the point of credits being raked by WGT in a free tournament?

• BrickHands
    226 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:20 AM

HEY!!!! WGTICON!!!! Are you going to reply or just hide your head in the sand?

• jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:11 AM

WOW I feel your pain BrickHands.

I am not in any position to be playing credit tournaments at this moment in time:).

But I can say with all certainty after reading this post and many others about wgt and their questionable customer service. I will not put my money on here if wgt can't even respond to a real issue with credits involved.

There is absolutely no reason to have such little customer care when they are raking in the cash and folks are spending their money on here and gamble with each other in tourneys. And buy your clubs and crazy priced xballs hehe.

If your gonna run this like it's a poker site WGT, be advised that other sites that charge money for people to enter tournaments actually have live customer care. Where things are resolved efficiently.

Get your act together WGT

Quit pissing off your fan base and give them the care they need when dealing with a matter such as this one.

Once again I feel for you Brickhands. I hope they respond to you and sort this out.

RSS