Forums

Help › Forums

Update Aug. 2, 2012

Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:39 AM (193 replies)
  • genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:22 AM

stevenharkin:

shot a 27 at kiawah and average didn't budge..is this something to do with new legend tier being introduced i wonder?!

Hi Steve,

for sure something has changed. Indeed, my average was 54.03 before the change and I posted a 58 and it went up to 54.04. So legend average can now go up even when you have played 1400+ rounds as legend :) . That's not bad at all. I just report what I observed.

I will have to figure out how it works and will post it once I know (I have already an idea but with just 1 round that's not enough to be sure).

Regards

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:26 AM

Mesmorizer:

Played the WGT KIA championship, which had all the new pin locations, preety kool and nice new spots for a course we all love playing. Reading people having meter issues, I use adobe and meter is and was smooth as butter for both my morning rounds. New tier out today wish luck to the first people to hit Tour Legend. I will place a post here with who I think will be the 1st, going with "Genorb" as WGT's 1st tour legend, lets see what happens.

Things that are dumb about this update in my opion:

1)Pay to speed up game, lmao it golf total waste.

2) The R11s 3wd unlocks at lvl 95, just wow can get the driver at lvl 94 but have to wait till level 95 for a 3wd?? kinda ass backwards if you ask me, the 3wd R11s should have unlocked at 92 or lvl 93 would make more sense.

Thats all for now happy hittin and keep up the good work WGT,

Mes.

PS: we want new course even if trugolf ones or whatever lol.

I couldn't agree with you more. Can't believe I got my hopes up for this update...pfffft

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:33 AM

I just played the Kiawah tourney and most of the new pins are very good. The one that is poor in my opinion is # 15. The reverse view gives go no idea of the break at all and the front view is not much better. I 3 putted that one just couldn't get a good idea of how to play it.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:40 AM

Faster play....and you pay!!!  What????  Must be trying to get people to level up faster so they buy new stuff faster. Who wants to play when you don't see the ball flight?  Are we on the slippery sloop?  What tee's are the tour Legends hitting from?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:51 AM

Yappy22:
    What tee's are the tour Legends hitting from?

they are orange.  I went to play Oakmont, and I was teeing off from Olympics tees on the other side of the country!

Cheers,

b0gey

• Alan_M
    237 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:53 AM

Downloaded RockMelt - solved my issues.

I've decided to use that browser for WGT alone and nothing else, will continue day to day browsing with chrome.

EDIT:- Spoke too soon, it lasted about 9 holes.

I played Master RG Cabo and got metered three times.

Entered New RG CTTH at Edgewood - metered on 6 of the 9 holes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:53 AM

oilyrag:
    so how does the programming change "after a few rounds"

Didn't say anything about programming changing. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 9:56 AM

genorb:
    for sure something has changed. Indeed, my average was 54.03 before the change and I posted a 58 and it went up to 54.04.

This makes sense. Just like Legend averages change until you get that 400th round. In your case your average should have gone up for anything over 54.

Funny aside here-if this is the case I wonder how many of those sub 60 averages are going to dramatically make it over 60 real quick, intentionally or otherwise.  ;-)

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:01 AM

So I guess even legends with 400 ranked rounds before the changes can have there score go up for the next 100 round. Great, i just got  past the first 400. Thanks WGT.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:19 AM

I'm kinda of happy with the new update. I've been wanting a reason to quit playing this game and i think this is it here. Cleared cache and everything else and just shot a 33 on st andys back 9. Played shots as i always do and was getting random distances. But oh well thanks wgt for  making me lose interest i owe you one.

RSS