Forums

Help › Forums

The one thing missing from the last update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:27 PM (62 replies)
  • Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 10:40 AM

Its 2012 man.... Most of us new people learned from all your mistakes.. Like TIER'N to FAST. The people that scream the "All equipment open to Legends".... them people TIERED TO FAST.. Plain and simple.. 

There are two way to everything.. Im playing the patient game, we are still in BETA... right?

Calling people sandbaggers puts a "troll" stamp on your forehead.

You can come up with something better then "sandbagging" When "their average" is a 61. 

If they move me up to Legend.. Ill pat myself on the back.. I earned it.

These are the words of someone who has figured out the system...And how it works...And why it is a system that is actually faulty.

I think it's perhaps time to admit that the "level" system is not working, it has been figured out and abused. As the above reflects...Openly abused.

The tier system is the way forward. I have no problem playing anyone of any level, regardless of tier or skill or equipment, this being my personal view. But this seems to be a complaint that comes up over and over again. Players skill level (equipment in relation to tee's) not reflecting their tier.

I feel it is sad when people feel entitled to openly abuse a system in a way that was not intended by the original architect. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:32 AM

Timbo1984:
    I feel it is sad when people feel entitled to openly abuse a system in a way that was not intended by the original architect. 

And then flaunt it.  Totally agree, Timbo.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:42 AM

Clean out your Flash.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 12:01 PM

Timbo1984:
    Players skill level (equipment in relation to tee's) not reflecting their tier.

After reading the other thread & biting my tongue !! This seems an emminentley viable route forward,no incentive in staying PRO then. Patience in that scenario really WOULD be a virtue ? Andy

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:11 PM

I just ask one simple thing.  Limit the length of drivers by tier.  Dun' care about the other stats, dun' care about the other clubs.  Just limit the length of drivers by tier.  If you are Hack, the most you can get out of any driver is 230.  Amateur 240, at Pro 250, at TP 265, Master 270 and TM 275.  At Legend you get the full value of whatever driver you are qualified for, but prior to Legend, all drivers have a governor on them.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 5:09 AM

JaLaBar:
     At Legend you get the full value of whatever driver you are qualified for, but prior to Legend, all drivers have a governor on them.

Really like the idea but the real life thing kills it.  :-(

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 8:56 AM

I know... I feel the same.  I like the realism here, and having artificial limits on driver length detracts from that, definitely.  But something should be done.  This is my suggestion since WGT doesn't seem inclined to restrict access effectively by tier.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 9:23 AM

JaLaBar:
    This is my suggestion since WGT doesn't seem inclined to restrict access effectively by tier.

The only effectiveness they are concerned with is how effective the system is at generating revenue. Buy the XP boosts and the level-up bars to buy the better equipment. It's a win-win, the current system is perfect for them.

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 12:24 PM

YankeeJim:

Timbo1984:

And then flaunt it.  Totally agree, Timbo.

I'm afraid it's human nature to look for loopholes/bypasses/etc. in any rule or system. What is worse, i think we all do it, in some form or other.

In the netherlands the speedlimit on the highway is 120 km/h. I know they correct my speed with 6% downward if they laser me, so i drive something like 128 km/h.

I'm not saying it's good or bad; it's legal though strangly enough.......

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:02 PM

I have proposed that equipment availability be based on a combination of level AND tier. While that works at other sites, what might work better here is an idea that still allows everyone access to all the brands and clubs.

Leave the clubs as they are now, all with the same attributes and levels. Just reduce the distance by something like 5% per tier. For example, Tour Legends and Legends get full distance; they've earned it. Tour Masters only get 95% of the distance on clubs. Masters get 90%. Tour Pro 85%. Pro 80%. And so on down the line.

When a person tiers up they would see the distance boosted by the 5% on their clubs. I realize that this would throw more of a learning curve on the player but WGT would still sell just as much equipment, players would get to play with the clubs they want and the high level/low tier players would not have as much of an unfair advantage.

RSS