Help › Forums

The one thing missing from the last update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:27 PM (62 replies)
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:14 PM

YankeeJim:

srellim234:
    Leave the clubs as they are now, all with the same attributes and levels. Just reduce the distance by something like 5% per tier.

This still dies with the real life argument. How about just using the tees as the benchmark. You can only hit drivers that correspond to the tier tee you're on. Don't have the right driver?-go buy one that works on that tee or use the free one, your bazooka will be ready for you when you play off the back tees.  

This still dies in the face of the reality argument but you could call it a course/WGT rule, something like that. Instead of tier restrictions, have tee restrictions even to the point of saying you have the bazooka, you hit from the tips. That, alone, would probably put a dent in the sandbagging for credits.

Still doesn't fly.  You bring your equipment that you bought and paid for and everybody hits from the same tee.  Obviously the cream will still float to the top.  I take that statement to be effectively a true to life occurance.  If that is true, then why is the upper tier players doing the cry baby thing all the time?  

Some one must be able to explain why playing with the equipment you own is a bad thing.  Are the upper level players that unsure of their abilities?  or is it that in playing for credits they can not figure out who they can beat, because of the equipment the other player has in his bag?,  Hmmmm, points to ponder!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:25 PM

srellim234:

YJ- The 5% rule doesn't really fly in the face of reality all that much. In real life anyone can swing a driver that a PGA Tour player plays. From any tee. In reality an amateur or lower level pro player is not going to hit that club nearly as far as a PGA player.

Yes, there are the few rare amateurs that can win long drive contests but they are incredibly few and far between. The same applies to the PGA players vs amateurs with iron play, too. The average PGA player is going to be hitting his 7 iron as far as the lower level golfer hits a 6, 5 or 4 iron.

In the 5% scenario I would probably just leave the putters the way they are now.

Restricting drivers to specific tees will hurt the revenue stream from equipment sales unless WGT at the same time employs the programming of using master conditions for a master playing from the tips, pro conditions for the pros, etc.  I'm certainly not buying anything that is going to force me to play legend conditions to use it. I'm not that good of a player.

The product description WGT would have to put on restricted drivers might just scare people away from buying it, too. Looking in the pro shop at a driver description that says "After you spend the money for this you will only be allowed to use it when you tee off from the next county" would be pretty intimidating. :)

A few of your statements make sense and would work better than what we have now.  But, what we think has no bearing on what WGT thinks, will or won;t do, does or does not care!  This problem came to the forefront almost immediately after WGT made the wholesale changes.  Prior to that the difficulties were few, and did not generate the traffic on the forums as we have now.

I do not think this issue will be resolved in the near future for one specific reason, WGT Ownership/Management is not about to admit to having given birth to such an ugly child!  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:34 PM

FamousBeef:

tiered up too fast? ridiculous

tiering up too slow and on purpose is the real problem here.

level 94 "tour pros" and similar hitting legend gear from baby tees is an insult to those who tier and level legitimately.

don't tell me that a 90 "pro" hitting the R11S or an 81 G20 doesn't have a clear advantage over a true wgt pro in the lvl 40-50 range. Especially in Match Play, for credits or glory.

Your statement is not entirely correct!  Before you start spouting negative generalities you should know more of the subject before you speak.

Until just recently I was a Master, Level 93, with 1106 ranked games, using top level equipment as I am able to buy them, by finance, or level availability.  I can not play for credits, wrong state of residence, therefore how does what you say take a player such as I am into consideration?  You are only concerned because your afraid of not winning a credit wager contest.  The operative word is CONTEST, if you don't pack enough ability, stay on the porch with all the other don't haves!  MY NICKLE!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:37 PM

MBaggese:

srellim234:
    Leave the clubs as they are now, all with the same attributes and levels. Just reduce the distance by something like 5% per tier. For example, Tour Legends and Legends get full distance; they've earned it. Tour Masters only get 95% of the distance on clubs. Masters get 90%. Tour Pro 85%. Pro 80%. And so on down the line.

The %'s won't make much a difference, given the tee differences...lower levels still hit wedges, upper levels hit from iron sets.

I've eliminated this tho, I just play MPC with friends...occaisoanlly I'll have a few and try to get into a random skins game, but most of the time..friends only.

I like equal ground, but in my opinion, it will never be met.

Now if every one who plays would read these forums and do a few basic things...sandbaggers would have no one else to play with but themselves.

Maybe if WGT would post a big azz headline for anyone signing up...or for anyone who clicks on MP/Skins..for credits that reads:

IT IS BEST ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT PLAY FOR CREDITS AGAINST A PLAYER UNLESS HE/SHE IS WITHIN A FEW LEVELS OF YOURSELF AND USING SIMILAR EQUIPMENT

Kinda like the sign at BPB reading "only experienced players"

Very well said!  I like it!  Wish I could say what I want others to understand in that short of a forum entry.  Your Nickle!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 11:50 PM

You can, not play strangers, okay, but I do not like self limitation.

I personally will get to the lobby, hit stroke play, join a game, choose not to play on a $ course, choose a 9 hole setting, and turn it loose to see where and with whomever i will be playing with.

The only persons I will not play a round with are an individual who is on my personal Do Not Play list.  Currently at over 260 persons.

If I were eligible for credit play I am sure I would be more selective with whom I would play.  I also would not be on the forums crying about being beaten by someon

srellim234:

MB- It would make a huge difference. For example, currently a Pro has access to the Pro 9.5 degree driver rated at 245 yards. Using the 5% formula that same Pro using a level 94 R11S driver will only be hitting it 227.2 yards (284 x 80%). That 20% of reduction across the board really removes a lot of the incentive to stay at a lower tier just for the better equipment. Not all sandbaggers will quit doing it but a lot of them will.

People who are progressing slowly, like myself, will still be buying the better equipment as we level up to it. We will be looking at the extra 5% we'll be rewarded for tiering up as an incentive to keep moving up.

I'm on board with you about playing strangers, though. I just don't do it.

e who was better than I.  If you can not afford (?)(money/ego) to lose then you should not play, a very simple concept, but one that many here can not grasp.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:50 AM

MBaggese:

IT IS BEST ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT PLAY FOR CREDITS AGAINST A PLAYER UNLESS HE/SHE IS WITHIN A FEW LEVELS OF YOURSELF AND USING SIMILAR EQUIPMENT

Kinda like the sign at BPB reading "only experienced players"

Absolutely!  If it's for credits I mainly play Legends, TMs, Ms and TPs.

However I think the issue of equipment is mainly a match play/skins issue.  If you look at the open tournaments they are 99.9% dominated by the best Legends; I can't remember any Lvl 94 Pro outshooting BiB, Genorb, Priestess et al anytime recently.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 1:09 AM

lee22sharon:

Your statement is not entirely correct!  Before you start spouting negative generalities you should know more of the subject before you speak.

Until just recently I was a Master, Level 93, with 1106 ranked games, using top level equipment as I am able to buy them, by finance, or level availability.  I can not play for credits, wrong state of residence, therefore how does what you say take a player such as I am into consideration?  You are only concerned because your afraid of not winning a credit wager contest.  The operative word is CONTEST, if you don't pack enough ability, stay on the porch with all the other don't haves!  MY NICKLE!

I know plenty about the subject of which I speak, this isn't the first nor the last computer game I've played. I play many others. This isn't the only game game people seek an undue advantage by gaming the system over others less "smart" than them, or rather with more integrity than they have.

I worked my way to Legend 100% legit from start to finish, no gaming stats, AVG or using "higher" level gear than my tier dictated. And I continue to do so. What does WGT do to reward me? They move the best gear to an even higher level, thus lower tier with "higher level" can use gear that I cannot.

I could give a rat's behind about winning credits. Where is the glory in using legend gear from the baby tees vs. an opponent who isn't?

These are the people who would run a foot race vs. a paraplegic and then brag about their mad skills

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 1:27 AM

FamousBeef:

lee22sharon:

I know plenty about the subject of which I speak, this isn't the first nor the last computer game I've played. I play many others. This isn't the only game game people seek an undue advantage by gaming the system over others less "smart" than them, or rather with more integrity than they have.

I worked my way to Legend 100% legit from start to finish, no gaming stats, AVG or using "higher" level gear than my tier dictated. And I continue to do so. What does WGT do to reward me? They move the best gear to an even higher level, thus lower tier with "higher level" can use gear that I cannot.

I could give a rat's behind about winning credits. Where is the glory in using legend gear from the baby tees vs. an opponent who isn't?

These are the people who would run a foot race vs. a paraplegic and then brag about their mad skills

In this entry your still not taking someone in my particular position in your previous entry into consideration.

As you state, you followed the rules, did your best, and feel as though WGT has screwed you. Well I am not sure what, or even if your concerns mean anything to WGT.

Your original entry is still incorrect and needs to be amended.  Still my nickle.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:50 AM

lee22sharon:
    Still doesn't fly.  You bring your equipment that you bought and paid for and everybody hits from the same tee.

That's what I said. I just tied it to a game setting, such as this.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 7:27 AM

lee22sharon:
    One question for you, WHY?  My Nickle.

Because.

For the record, if your question was worth a nickel, my response was worth $0.07.

RSS