Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the new exchange for # of video views to credits?

Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:54 PM (63 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:05 PM

you may not be putting words in my mouth but surely intent tastes just as funny lol

• EdSubpar
    24 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 6:40 AM

I agree.  Are the WGT people listening or just laughing.  They should give us 75 credits for 50 views that we established before they changed the value of views.  

Ed

• Hacker1369
    366 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 9:17 AM

I can see both sides because they are "free" but some notice would have been nice. I know I belong to a couple of other sites where you need credits and they don't give you a chance to get them free so that is something that WGT has over them. But what they HAVE done is something WGT hasn't and that is offer "bonus" credits for the more credits you buy. Right now it is a 1-1 no matter how much money you throw in. How about bumping that up a bit to make it worth while to spend say $20, $50 or $100 by offering bonus credits. 20 will get you 3000, 50 will get you 6,000 and a 100 will get you 15,000, etc. Make it worth our while to spend more money.

Just my $0.02 worth.

• PPhlogbottom
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 5:43 PM

Free golf my butt. I have been playing for about a year now and i really enjoy it. that being said, I have spent a fortune on balls and equipment and some of that was in time to watch the videos faithfully every night.  When the views for credits doubled i had enough views to buy 20 credits so I took them. If wgt  makes any money on advertising they just cut their own throat. I will not watch the videos any longer. Since I am sure a lot of other members will follow suit I don't see how this will help wgt revenues. They are not really free credits . You have to put the time in and time in anyone's life is not free. The surveys rarely work. I take a survey for 5 minutes and then it says i don't really fit and I have earned 0 credits. The "free" credit system kind of sucks.

• Nainotreve
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 10:07 AM

I think the scenario will now go like this..      

join site...play a few games...realise that you will never be able to get any freebies and will have to part with hard earned cash ......leave site....

Kenny B

(NAINOTREVE) 

• ecupiratevideo
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 11:13 AM

I could not agree more!  But instead, WGT would rather people buy balls with slow meters, a putter gauge for math inclined people, or speed up options for those who are too busy to wait the 3 seconds in between shots!

WGT is in the wrong on this debate.  Since the switch I have not watched a single "FREE" video.  It truly isn't worth my time now! 

I am so tired of watching that Duran Duran crap and not getting my 2 free views, I could scream.

I love the game and have easily dropped in over $100, but I want Verizon, Romney, US Cellular, Corona, and McDonald's to know that I am not buying their phones, voting for them, drinking their beer, or eating at their fast food place because of WGT anymore!

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:40 PM

ecupiratevideo:
    I am so tired of watching that Duran Duran crap and not getting my 2 free views, I could scream.

OK, I have been through this with customer service at wgt with this SAME issue.

We changed my password & they went & told me it worked.

Wgtpizza? wgticon:? You have to admit, there must be many many many many people watching this extra video's and DO NOT get any view rewards for their time.

\Get the issue fixed! I just went and watched a  2 view video and it shafted me for the view TOO.

So I believe, from the bottem of my heart, that the issue is with the video, not my settings.

My settings allow these cookies, or I could not watch the other vidios.

Its not much, but it's the principle. My time is worth something to me too you know.

Dammit.

• joebenner3
    188 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 10:54 AM

Ya know the first time i saw that you needed more views to get less credits i was floored! I thought what the f#@ is this? i can see maybe having that for masters and beyond, but for the golfers that are just starting out...let them get the credits easier...i think wgt just wants us to have to take more surveys and other offers so they get a bigger kick back.Well i just decided to not even play their games and keep what i have and to forget getting free credits all together, and if stick together and show the man we're not gonna put up with it...then maybe they'll change their tune?

joebenner3

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 3:21 PM

I haven't played a round since this stupid change. What a joke. 

edit: plus the mcdonald 5 view vids STILL dont work. i watch it and get 0 views. ....

RSS