Forums

Help › Forums

What's up with the new exchange for # of video views to credits?

Wed, Sep 12 2012 7:54 PM (63 replies)
  • rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:24 PM

So what! Live Gamer changed the rules. I have been playing on WGT for just over a year. Everyday I watch videos for "FREE" credits.  Yes, that is right. THEY ARE FREE. I watch the "FREE" videos for credits, whilst playing a game.  Here is the TRUTH. Everyone who watched one of these "FREE CREDIT" videos. GOT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.  Get it? Got It? GOOD.  now stfu. the WAHHHHHBULANCE is already filled!

• DTwatter
    161 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:44 PM

I had 175 unredeemed views. Cheers, WGT. Very happy with that.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:58 PM

Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

• Ranski
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:20 PM

I have told so many friends what a great game it is. No more a friend just joined last week. When I explain how we use to get credits to the way we get them now. Know one will ever get club or balls unless they spend all there hard earned cash. They puled out of the game. The saying is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and this is a righ mans game now! What a waste of a good game. I won't watch the videos either and when I run out of the credits to buy good balls I will be out of the game to. I am luckly to get into the game when everything was good now I have to have a minimum of 300 credits to get the leased expensive balls for the clubs I have or 300 views. It won't happen overnight but the WGT will be gone. Unless the RICH take over the game like in real golf.

• woodworkerjunkie
    237 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:42 PM

rjs1969:
    Everyday I watch videos for "FREE" credits.  Yes, that is right. THEY ARE FREE.

I see you don't think your time is worth anything!  I guess you get up and go to work every morning and work for free... since your time is worth nothing!  I assume you fill out surveys and don't get upset if it doesn't pay up, after all they were for free and your time isn't worth anything. I quite filling out surveys when they cut those in half,

rjs1969:
    Everyone who watched one of these "FREE CREDIT" videos. GOT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

I had over 3600 views, that over night are worth only half!  I guess you think, that the hours i spent watching those videos is worth nothing! The agreement when I watched them was that I could cash them in at the old rate, but now I can't.  Been burned, won't happen again! I won't be watching anymore videos unless they are for credits only!

rjs1969:
    Get it? Got It? GOOD.  now stfu. the WAHHHHHBULANCE is already filled!

nobody is forcing you to come to the forums and read these complaints! If people don't speak up to WGT, then they will continue to do away with or reducing "freebies", thinking no one has a problem with it!  Get it? Got It? GOOD.  now you stfu.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:50 AM

woodworkerjunkie:
    I had over 3600 views, that over night are worth only half!  I guess you think, that the hours i spent watching those videos is worth nothing! The agreement when I watched them was that I could cash them in at the old rate, but now I can't.  Been burned, won't happen again! I won't be watching anymore videos

Like cutting your nose off to spite you face.Keep watching but just give all vids 1 star,you can still get free credits but they get no feedback,which is after all what advertisers want..If everyone did this LG would soon notice and the problem would be out of wgt's hands..LG would have to decide to terminate the contract at earliest possible time or re-instate old redemption values .seems the least we can do...Andy

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 8:47 AM

woodworkerjunkie:
    I see you don't think your time is worth anything!  I guess you get up and go to work every morning and work for free... since your time is worth nothing!  I assume you fill out surveys and don't get upset if it doesn't pay up, after all they were for free and your time isn't worth anything. I quite filling out surveys when they cut those in half

I agree that our time is worth something. Obviously those who don't do not understand the concept of everyone's time being worth something. The difference is that they spend time  making money elsewhere, then bring the cash from their time spent to deposit on account here. Others (like you and I) have our reasons for spending our time here, keeping the value of our time spent here within the game and not bringing it in from the outside.

woodworkerjunkie:
    The agreement when I watched them was that I could cash them in at the old rate, but now I can't.

That statement is absolutely wrong. The agreement was that you would get X number of views per video watched. That is exactly what you got. The price went up, just like a price goes up in a retail store. It now costs more views to buy the same number of credits. It doesn't matter that you were "banking" views, saving up to buy something in a virtual store or you were banking money in a bank while you saved up to buy a real item in a real store. If the price goes up you are out of luck unless you can appeal to the store's goodwill and they honor the old price for you. They are not obligated to give it to you for that price.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:05 AM

Let me ask the mods this....

You've halved the rate, so would it not be reasonable to double the # of videos? Make it 14 videos instead of 7 then? That way not only do you get more ads and people viewing ads(more site revenue) but we keep our rate reasonable. 

Like I've said, this is the ONLY source of credits for me on this site, and restricting it so horribly is unfair, since I've tried to do surveys etc and they just never worked.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:25 AM

While I think that WGT should have announced this, I can't blame them for the change.

Much like the Dove ball promotion pissed off the people outside the US, the sponsors have every right to control who they give balls to and what they are willing to pay (in terms of credits) for the videos, ads, purchases, etc. that we make.

Obviously many of the people paying the credits for the ads didn't think it was worth the exchange rate.  I can understand it, I would wager that many people (like me) just click the video and let it run while they are playing a game and go back to open a new one between shots.

While I might not like the change I can't see how anyone can blame WGT for it.

• P1ngEye3
    5 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:28 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

I'd rather not have it at all 

RSS