Thu, Sep 6 2012 4:25 PM (50 replies)
  • duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 7:17 PM

nice !  submitted.....we'll see.  tx again

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 10:10 PM

Has WGT ever considered even for a moment, LOWERING your prices for balls? Or failing that, increasing the durability of the balls? I think the price to value ratio on the clubs is pretty good. The balls however are extremely overpriced. Also there is a large disparity in ball cost between AS players and stroke players

Earning "free" credits here and there is nice and all, yet, I am unmotivated to spend any real world money here. My gaming dollar simply does not go far here., example: I can play WoW 24/7 for a month for less than cost of a dozen nikes that last for 36 rounds (barring water and weeds)

How about a Premium Account option? ie, a set monthly fee in exchange  Many so called Free 2 Play games have such a plan.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:52 AM

WGTpizza:

This is a huge oversight on our part, and we sincerely apologize.

Everyone here at WGT is human (except maybe WGTicon) and that means that we make mistakes. We feel terrible about this oversight and we will strive to prevent mishaps like this from happening again.

If someone holds their hands up and says "hey,we cocked up" you gotta respect that.The apology seems sincere too..However his seems to happen constantly,why not pick 10/15 regular players from each tier & use them as a focus group,you don't have to tell them exactly WHAT you're going to do,give them a few options.. eg:"if we implemented this/that what would be the impact on your wgt experience from your point of view ?" Collate the answers and go from there..If this was in place somebody might have said "but what about the views I have been saving for 2 months ?"  We are on your side after all,We all want to keep this the top golf game out there !! You take the money(not too much) and we take the fun..seems a fair exchange to me... Just a thought .Andy

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:14 AM

Andy, that's a great idea, has the potential to solve many problems.

• par4dcourse
    22 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:15 AM

I have gone back to starter or cheap balls from medium tees again. It's still fun and no videos required. If I hit a survey once in a while, I'll buy a sleeve of top shelf then. Buying virtual stuff to lower my score just so I tier up and make the game harder and therefore making better stuff necessary seems pointless with the new award system.

And a note to the posters who call some "lazy" or "cheap",  google "empathy" and try it once. I'm sure I'm not the only hacker on fixed income who can't spare 25 bucks food money for pretend golf balls. I played  "for real" twice a week before my heart attack. Filling my days now without blowing the bank is a challenge and WGT WAS a good way to do that.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:12 PM

WGTpizza:
    Hey LC, we are always looking for new ways to allow our players to earn some free credits, but nothing particular is on the horizon. Keep an eye here for announcements :)

And just to be clear, WGT still likes LiveGamer, and we still have their offers on our site. The only thing that has changed is their views conversion rate.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

How in the world does LiveGamer track a conversion rate?  IMO, they are advertising for "impressions."  None of the ads are going to make me run out and buy a verizon phone, or nicorette, or any of the other things we constantly see on these ads.  The purpose of impression advertising is to ingrain it in the viewer's heads, so that when they are in the market for a new phone, "Verizon" pops into their head and they are more likely to choose that provider than AT&T/Sprint/etc.  And all the while AT&T/Sprint are paying for their own impressions, trying to capture that potential buyer when they are ready to buy.  

Not to mention...how do we even "convert?"  Is there a link to have a case of nicorette delivered to my door or something after watching the videos?

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:52 PM

Still very angering they cut the view/credit thing in half, and didn't double the # of viewable things per day(which would increase ad money anyway so wtf, do more on the carousel)

The only reliable way to get a constant stream of free credits and they axe it heavily. That's super. Really looking out for the players on that... :/

• buzzkiller53
    14 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:16 PM

I agree with you. Add the fact that over half the surveys DO NOT work.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:44 PM

WGTpizza  , i will make this short   TY  , that is  like you say Classy   and my lost was not much so no prob :)

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 5:00 PM

well, how bout making the Ryder cup avatars free?
    it won't cost you anything, and it will be a nice gesture.

you shouldn't be so affraid of giving out some free treats now and then,
    people including myself still put a lot of money into this game,
    so free stuff will only make us more loyal and appriciative, think about it.

Ryder cup avatars should be free, it's RYDER CUP, c'mon :-)

RSS