Forums

Help › Forums

Apology to the community from WGT

Thu, Sep 6 2012 4:25 PM (50 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:15 PM

MBaggese:

You mean you watch each video, one at a time, to amass your views?

Gotta tell ya, that's no way to learn the game properly, as getting the "good equipment" is useless without knowledge of the game.

Some videos have to be watched all the way through to get credit.Not all of the videos are that way but the 5 view videos are . If you switch to a different browser screen the video will stop playing and you cant fast forward the video either. This is something new the sponsors or WGT have done. I didn't say I dont play . I just don't play more then I would like because I have limited time and right now I spend about half my time on WGT watching vids and then 50% playing. Once I get the better equipment and only need balls then I can do a 80% play time and just do the vids for balls and avatars. My skills are not that bad considering the amount of ranked rounds I have under my belt.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:36 PM

Same here. I have a set amount of time budgeted to this game. Since I am unable to put cash in the game I subtract the time spent on surveys and videos from playing time. I also don't let my credits get under a certain level just in case the opportunities to get "free" credits dries up some more.

I,too, am hoping for more playing time and less video/survey time but it still may be a while.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:36 PM

pjctas0822:
    Once I get the better equipment and only need balls then I can do a 80% play time and just do the vids for balls and avatars. My skills are not that bad considering the amount of ranked rounds I have under my belt.

Bingo my man!

My suggestion is just play...you have the gear to succeed..sure, better gear is offered, but not needed.

Play your G20's and Tour SD balls till you hit Legend....trust me, if you have the skills to do so, it won't take long...if you think you need R's to get you there...not gonna be the ticket you bought...enjoy the game and challenge, make it to the tips, THEN upgrade and dial it in.

Let me ask you this, what could you do right now from Master Tier the best gear that WGT has, that you cannot to with the gear you have now?

Play more...video view later:)

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:48 PM

MBaggese:

Let me ask you this, what could you do right now from Master Tier the best gear that WGT has, that you cannot to with the gear you have now?

Play more...video view later:)

I need higher trajectory irons. I dont want to go through moving from Master to TM and have my average so high in the beginning that it would be harder to lower the average later. I feel if I have the better equipment earlier in my level it will be a tad bit easier to eventually move to legend. Plus I am one of those people that just like to have the best even if I am not the best.

I go to College online and thats the second reason I would rather have the equipment sooner rather then later. I can do the vids while doing schooling. I cant play while doing schooling so as far as time management goes that is what works for me. I dont play for credits I usally only do CC tournies so trying to earn credits that way is not an option.

For example, I played professional racquetball for 5 years . I started late in life playing and due to injuries I can no longer play at a competitive level. But even when I was an amateur player I had the top of the line equipment. Why ? Because having better equipment does make the difference. If it didn't then it wouldnt sell or even be manufactured if that was the case.

Hope that answers your question. It also leans towards preference as well. I struggled when I went from TP to Master because i felt the graduation was premature. A few lucky rounds and I moved up even though my skill level was not there. Currently the way WGT has it set up is not fair for a player like me. When I move up to TM I want to make sure that I have the best possible equipment so that I dont have to work twice as hard later to get my average down. Multi accounters understand that concept that is why they create multi accounts. So that they can get the best equipment at the lowest level to sand bag in RGs and not have to pay for anything. Does it make sense? I am not one of those people but I am no dummy either.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 10:50 PM

Oh and sorry MB for calling you YJ I had Yankees on da brain :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 11:03 PM

All good PJ:)

You know the only jump to TM is green speeds, right?

Sure shots will roll a yard or two longer, but since you're not changing clubs on the same approach shots...just minimal adjustments are needed.

I just hate to see ya get frustrated with the top clubs and the say "why did I do this?"

It's the Indian, not the arrow;)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:52 AM

pjctas0822:

I need higher trajectory irons. I dont want to go through moving from Master to TM and have my average so high in the beginning that it would be harder to lower the average later.

Think different: High score rounds do not hinder your average to drop, they rather help. Not by number but due to the experience you gain on those rounds.

At each level we need a certain number of really good rounds to trigger the tier-up average number. Don't mind any higher score - it just doesn't count, it's irrelevant. Whether we play it or not doesn't affect those brilliant ones.

In the same way the average in the beginning of a tier is irrelevant - high numbers will be excluded from the calculation as soon as the better rounds show up.

(note aside: This is an argument against average protection)

pjctas0822:

(sequence modified)

[...] when I was an amateur player I had the top of the line equipment. Why ? Because having better equipment does make the difference. If it didn't then it wouldnt sell or even be manufactured if that was the case.

[...] I am one of those people that just like to have the best even if I am not the best.

All good as long as you don't mix "best" with "most expensive". If so, you'd be the first reason yourself to manufacture "top price equipment" ;)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:59 AM

hyena64:

We are a global community of golf lovers, who put a roof over your head & food on your table. Please show us the appreciation & consideration we deserve.  That's all I'm asking.

+1 to your contribution as a whole,

+10 to the quote.

Thanks for sharing!

RSS