Forums

Help › Forums

Apology to the community from WGT

Thu, Sep 6 2012 4:25 PM (50 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 4:30 AM

pjctas0822:

I need higher trajectory irons. I dont want to go through moving from Master to TM and have my average so high in the beginning that it would be harder to lower the average later. I feel if I have the better equipment earlier in my level it will be a tad bit easier to eventually move to legend. Plus I am one of those people that just like to have the best even if I am not the best.

I go to College online and thats the second reason I would rather have the equipment sooner rather then later. I can do the vids while doing schooling. I cant play while doing schooling so as far as time management goes that is what works for me. I dont play for credits I usally only do CC tournies so trying to earn credits that way is not an option.

For example, I played professional racquetball for 5 years . I started late in life playing and due to injuries I can no longer play at a competitive level. But even when I was an amateur player I had the top of the line equipment. Why ? Because having better equipment does make the difference. If it didn't then it wouldnt sell or even be manufactured if that was the case.

Hope that answers your question. It also leans towards preference as well. I struggled when I went from TP to Master because i felt the graduation was premature. A few lucky rounds and I moved up even though my skill level was not there. Currently the way WGT has it set up is not fair for a player like me. When I move up to TM I want to make sure that I have the best possible equipment so that I dont have to work twice as hard later to get my average down. Multi accounters understand that concept that is why they create multi accounts. So that they can get the best equipment at the lowest level to sand bag in RGs and not have to pay for anything. Does it make sense? I am not one of those people but I am no dummy either.

pj ... u got the right tools to take you all the way to Legend .. 

i used the lvl59 G's until a few ranked rounds before hitting Legend ..

you are lvl76 right now .. i'd only worry about irons when getting about one month out from reaching Legend ..

as "MB" said, the only difference from M to TM is green speed & the move from M to TM is pretty seamless .. unlike the the move from TP to M which is a tough graduation ..

if you really feel that you should up your iron set i would recommend waiting for lvl79 & get the Burner 2.0 irons .. the B's & lvl90 R11's have the highest trajectory of irons .. i never thought i'd use the fast mtr irons myself since i've always used the slower mtr Pings & figured the lvl83 G20's would do me fine at Legend Tier ..

i have both the Burners & upper level G's in my inventory, but i almost exclusively use the Burners .. they certainly are the hardest irons to learn of 'em all IMO, but once you get used to the mtr, the only irons that can beat them are the R11's .. the B's, notwithstanding their level of difficulty, stand head & shoulders above the G's .. and they are excellent training for the better R11's when you eventually reach lvl90 ..

the best round i could manufacture with the lvl83 G's were 30, but with the Burners i've managed to regularly shoot sub-30 rounds ..

just a thought to ponder ..

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 4:54 AM

MBaggese:

All good PJ:)

You know the only jump to TM is green speeds, right?

Sure shots will roll a yard or two longer, but since you're not changing clubs on the same approach shots...just minimal adjustments are needed.

I just hate to see ya get frustrated with the top clubs and the say "why did I do this?"

It's the Indian, not the arrow;)

All true but there's still some holes you can't get ball to stop without high traj.Burners are game changers ( Thx Chris 4 putting me on to them ) Go with them,you won't regret it.. Andy

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 6:49 AM

MBaggese:
    Like seeing a destitute person on the street give you a nasty look for only giving him/her pocket change instead of a dollar bill.

Yeah, I have seen one of those ''Destitute people'' begging on a street in my Town. I just happened to be passing him when he was packing up his spot and followed him down the street. Imagine my suprise when I saw him get into a brand new VW Golf GT and drive away. Kind of reminded me of WGT in a way. he he:~)) 

Have a nice day and beware, there are some very unscrpulous people out there.

Mel

• drbreeze
    7 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 1:23 PM

I got a generic response to my submission to the lost credits concern.  The apology on the forum was more sincere than the response I received.

Hello, I'm sorry for the change and for the lack of notice. We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all. We know players like the ability to earn free credits so we decided to keep the service but increase the redemption ratio. Our apologies...but it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced. Thanks, WGT 

No compensation for the lost credits.

• PPhlogbottom
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 5:58 PM

The credits aren't "free". They cost me a lot of time. Dropping the ball and apologizing and then not offering to replace the ball is useless. Free? Yes if you want to play with lousy clubs and balls and never improve. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy playing the game and I put money in to supplement my video watching. There will be no more video watching for me. It's not a feeling of entitlement. I didn't go to wgt  and say hey I need credits,s how about throwing some my way. I took the time to watch the videos, sometimes 7 of the same video, and I took the time try and get credits from surveys and offers. Please don't give me that entitlement stuff. When I wanted to play realistic golf I didn't think it would be so realistic that only the wealthy could have top of the line equipment and the poor would still have to do with public courses and cheap equipment.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I play in a CC that uses Tourney greens much more often than not. I love the faster greens and I am confortable with them at the level I am at now. I love the Tourney speeds already and to me the physics are the best as far as green speeds go.

I am not going to sell my G20's . Heck no ! I dont have to get rid of my G20's if I get the Burners right?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:10 AM

pjctas0822:
    I am not going to sell my G20's . Heck no ! I dont have to get rid of my G20's if I get the Burners right?

Right..but always leaves the option of taking a step back when new clubs are tougher to use....wish I'd sold my Roketballz driver when I got R11,cause the R11 been in equipe for 6 weeks now as I gave up on it too quick & went back to what was easier...Now I'm not only learning new tees but a new Driver too !! Saying that I still use R/Ballz on Olympic & Oakmont,more important to be on the short stuff than 7 yrds  further up..Irons a diff matter though..  Andy

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:22 AM

Now, if you find yourself as one of the players who was saving their views for a rainy day, we won’t be able to award you credits following the old views conversion rate, but send our support team an email by clicking here and they will be able to work with you so that you are not severely impacted by this event.

Thank you for reading this, and once again we apologize for our actions.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Seems to be a bit of wasted time to me. This is the response to my E-Mail.

WGT | members@worldgolftour.com |  Edit Contact
    Sunday, Sep 2 03:26 PM | Show Details |  View source
    RE: WGT Case number 00177997 has been created [ ref:_00DA0YUqj._500G0AoxO6:ref ]
    Hello,

I'm sorry for the change and for the lack of notice. We had to make a decision to either remove LiveGamer videos from our site or increase the number of views required for redemption as the economics were not working out for us at all. We know players like the ability to earn free credits so we decided to keep the service but increase the redemption ratio.

Our apologies...but it was something that we needed to do in order to keep the credit economy balanced.

Thanks,
    WGT

• BJVeal
    27 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:02 PM

Just another way for WGT to screw us out of credits....Thanks WGT keep up the good work. I really think everyone should boycott WGT for about a week. 

• RSS